HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300937-official-team-spleen-splitters-thread-26-a.html)

dstubb 08-18-2009 05:46 PM

Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)

Official Team 26

103 Lady Forge
295 Red 5 stdby
266 Bassman417
6 bigtim6656
202 Canuck33
275 danny deer
20 hunt91
71 dstubb
alt 1shotkill1993
85 Steven McBee

Hey guy's and gal's i'm Dustin from Cincinnati, was on team 19 last year and scored a small fork horn last season, got my eye on a bigger one this year.

Lady Forge 08-19-2009 04:10 AM

Official Team 26

103 Lady forge
295 Red 5 stdby
266 Bassman417
6 bigtim6656
202 Canuck33
275 danny deer
20 hunt91
71 dstubb
Alt to be named, double entry
85 Steven McBee

Hi Dustin,
I'm checken in... Well I wasnt able to contribute a buck to my team last year since the buck I shot went onto the neighbors property and HNI Christine and I Blood trailed it there and the neighbor wouldnt allow us to retrieve it.
Hopefully I will have better luck this year for our team.

It would be nice to know a little about each other on our team.
As for me I am a married mother of 2 boys. I work as a Archery Pro Shop Manager and spend a lot of my off time Bowfishing and shooting 3D Archery. October 1st is opening day in Illinois and I will be Bowhunting in Central Illinois , East Central Illinois and a little in West Central Illinois.

dstubb 08-19-2009 05:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=It would be nice to know a little about each other on our team.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. Let's see... i'm 28 years old, a single father of a two year old boy named Clayton. I work from home as a graphic artist, which allows me tons of time on these forums :).

It would also be neat to for each team member to post a photo of themselves, so that we can put a face behind each other.

Red 5 stdby 08-19-2009 04:39 PM

Red 5 checking in. My name is Jeff and I'm from Minneapolis, MN but hunt in Northern WI. I'm married with a 5 year old son who can't wait to join me during hunting season. I contributed to our team last year with a small six after getting blanked the year before. I'm looking to have some fun and maybe put some fear into the Darkhorses this year.

Red 5 stdby 08-21-2009 03:43 AM

Where is the rest of the team? Only 3 people checked in?

dstubb 08-21-2009 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Red 5 stdby (Post 3414949)
Where is the rest of the team? Only 3 people checked in?

Yeah... i don't understand it myself. I sent them all an email asking them to check in. Looks like we might be needing a few extra alternates.

dstubb 08-21-2009 08:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey team, here are some avatars that i made for last years contest. This year i am only going to make an avatar for our team, so that we stand out amongst them amateurs. If anybody has any team name suggestions let's here em.

Red 5 stdby 08-21-2009 09:05 AM

D- clear out your pm box, I can't reply.

I thought that was you who made the avatars last year. NICE WORK! Do you put the designs on T-shirts? I've got a couple of names on the shelf but it's too early to post for everybody to view. Let the games begin.

dstubb 08-21-2009 09:13 AM

Just emptied my inbox.

Most of the avatar artwork is taken from current t-shirt or sticker designs that i find online and then i go in a chop them up, change colors, combine multiple images, make room for the type etc... I don't have the time these days to illustrate 100% original artwork from scratch.

hunt91 08-21-2009 02:59 PM

hey all. sry about the late check in. im aaron from northeastern wisconsin. im 17 and its my first year in the contest and i hope to make my team proud. ill be hunting probly 2-4 days a week work permitting. this season im gunna be rockin the mathews and the rage 2 blade broadheads.

bigtim6656 08-21-2009 04:25 PM

sorry for cheaking in late. been real busy. Getting ready for my semster of college. Hope to drop a nice one this year. Please do not replace me

bigtim6656 08-21-2009 04:25 PM

ohh can someone tell me how to get my old avater off guest team 44 would not be good.

dstubb 08-21-2009 04:28 PM

At the top right of your screen click on private messages and once that page loads click on edit avatar on the left hand column.

Good to see some more guys showing up today.

bigtim6656 08-21-2009 04:30 PM

Also if we do not have a name yet here one from me. how about Population Control. I like the save a deer mount a hunter pic so that good for me. Also my name is tim. This is my 6th season hunting 5 out of the last 6. I am form indiana and hunting the cagell mills area south of indy. I am 34 going to college and getting into scuba diving. Single but looking for a girl hunter out there some where. Hope i can get a nice one to get some points for us

Red 5 stdby 08-22-2009 07:09 AM

Nice to meet you Tim and Aaron. Glad to see some people are checking in. Start thinking of some names for the team.

dstubb 08-22-2009 05:38 PM

Here are some that i thought of.

BuckWhisperers, BuckOff, Buck'nAwesome, BruteBusters, BruiserCruisers, BuckAssasins, BuckSlayers, SpleenSplitters, LungBusters, DeadAsADeerKnob, NiceRack, RackChasers, RackRompers, BuckCrack, LungPunchers, RackAttack, RackRaiders, RackHeads, BuckJunkies, Deeranged Lunatics.

bigtim6656 08-22-2009 09:25 PM

One name i am up with is population control. Also i am 24 not 34 typo

Originally Posted by dstubb (Post 3416374)
Here are some that i thought of.

BuckWhisperers, BuckOff, Buck'nAwesome, BruteBusters, BruiserCruisers, BuckAssasins, BuckSlayers, SpleenSplitters, LungBusters, DeadAsADeerKnob, NiceRack, RackChasers, RackRompers, BuckCrack, LungPunchers, RackAttack, RackRaiders, RackHeads, BuckJunkies, Deeranged Lunatics.

bassman417 08-24-2009 05:38 AM

Bassman checking in, finally. My name is Jake, Im 25 years old. I hunt southeast Iowa. Last year if I was on a team I failed them because 1. I did deer management on a new property I acquired and didnt tag a buck. and 2. My PC broke and times were tough so I didnt get a new one until spring.
Good news for us is my deer management worked and after thinning out over 25 does between my brother and I and also giving them a high protein feed to regain weight during late winter months I havent had many bucks on cam that are under 130" :) I wont fail my team this year. I promise!!! I cant wait til OCT. 1!

dstubb 08-24-2009 07:53 AM

Welcome aboard Jake, good to finally hear from you. Looks like things are shaping up, we just need to hear from three other people now. Also... looks like we need to elect a team captain and get this name thing figured out.

Red 5 stdby 08-24-2009 08:49 AM

We're getting closer to having a full boat. Hopefully the last couple will check in soon.

Since dstubb started the thread and has graciously offered to make us an avatar, I nominate him for team captain. Can I get a "Second" from the congregation?

I'm fine with any of the names posted so far. Personal favs are SpleenSplitters and Deeranged Lunatics.

dstubb 08-24-2009 03:45 PM

Canuck33 & danny deer were both active today, they must have decided that they don't want to take part anymore. Hopefully we will pick up some heavy weights.

Red 5 stdby 08-24-2009 07:32 PM

Perhaps they like their team better on that other website. Is anybody participating in another web bow contest? This is it for me. I don't have the time or energy to keep the two contests separate.

dstubb 08-24-2009 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Red 5 stdby (Post 3418578)
Perhaps they like their team better on that other website. Is anybody participating in another web bow contest? This is it for me. I don't have the time or energy to keep the two contests separate.

Are you talking about archerytalk.com? I'm loyal to HuntingNet, this is where i learned everything and this is all i have time for as well.

dstubb 08-25-2009 11:13 AM

I like Spleen Splitters. Since nobody seems to be checking in can we get another person or two to agree on a team name so that i can get an avatar going?

Red 5 stdby 08-25-2009 05:49 PM

Is this thing on? Test 1,2,3?

dstubb 08-25-2009 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Red 5 stdby (Post 3419708)
Is this thing on? Test 1,2,3?

No kidding! Where is the team spirit?

dstubb 08-25-2009 06:25 PM

Looks like me and Red 5 will have to each shoot a 600 class deer to have a shot this year.

Lady Forge 08-25-2009 07:31 PM

I'm still here boy's.... On the past 2 teams I did the avatars and came up with the name once and was never able to enter the buck's I shot for one reason or another so to break the curse I prefer to have nothing to do with the name or avatar.
You all come up with the team name and avatar......and I'll go along with it... :happy0001:

hunt91 08-26-2009 10:12 AM

has anyone tried sending a PM to the two that havnt signed in?

dstubb 08-26-2009 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by hunt91 (Post 3420491)
has anyone tried sending a PM to the two that havnt signed in?

I sent them both messages last week.

Canuck33 08-26-2009 12:41 PM

Hey gang, sorry for the late check in no excuses other than I forgot to see what team I was on. I'm a NY hunter and if evrything goes as planned I should be able to up the bone on the team I have been putting a monster or two on the ground for the past 6-7 years and with a strict management and scouting plan this year is producing a bumper crop hopefully one will cooperate when the time comes.

Canuck33 08-26-2009 12:44 PM

Man I went back through the chain you guy's are tough, lets get this rockin and rolling!

Red 5 stdby 08-26-2009 07:03 PM

Glad to have you aboard Canuck33! That's a fantastic buck in your avatar. What did he score?

Don't worry Lady, this is the year you'll break the curse and lead us to victory!

I'm just finishing fletching some arrrows and can't wait for the season to start. I just bought a new trail cam and tested it on the dog's in the backyard. It's the first time I've used one with Infrared. Pretty cool but a little blury at night unless perfectly still. Now if I can just find a deer and tie it to the tree until the season starts, I'll be golden.

bassman417 08-26-2009 11:48 PM

Im happy with any team name. Spleen Splitters sounds good if thats what the majority is leaning toward.
Well Ive been strategically finding out where the buck Im after this year isnt travelling. Im doing it backwards I guess and finding out what to look forward to next year, lol. Some of you may want to boot me off the team for this next statement...... I found a morning travel route of a 140-150" or better buck and Im affraid hes gonna walk this year. Ive determined hes only about 2 1/2 and until Thanksgiving he gets a free pass. He has 12 pts with a kicker that gives him 13 scorable tines. I know theres at least 3 that will smoke this dude score wise so lets hope I find a morning pattern for them as well since I work 2nd and cant hunt evenings this year. Ill post some pics of what Ive been watching and decided to let walk so far as soon as I download them. Anybody else want to share what theyre keeping an eye on??

Canuck33 08-27-2009 08:30 AM

Thanks Red 5, he scored 167 5/8 had 15 scorable points, my best P&Y to date, I got a really nice 147 3/8 9 point the same year that was my best season because not only did I shoot them but I had opportunity to harvest two absolute monsters after I took those two and wished I still had a tag but did not so they walked. I took a monster 178 5/8 in 07 and I know there are at least 4-5 that will top that in the area including a absolute world class 6x5 with a 8-10" droptine not more than 1.4 miles from my ground, I have video footage of him. He has to be 190+, he has 4 or more mid 140's running with him and they look tiny next to him. Best buck I've seen in person in NY maybe ever. Let's hope I poke him.

dstubb 08-27-2009 10:13 AM

Good to have you on board Canuck33.

I have chosen to not put out my camera this year. Last year i think i spent too much time messing with my camera and refilling feeders that i put a put a little too much pressure on the deer. For the last 2 seasons i have been chasing a nice 6x6 that should score really well, i am confident in my new stand placements this year. At worst i know i will at least take a management buck if all else fails.

Canuck33 08-27-2009 11:20 AM

Do we have a full team now and more importantly do I need to let someone else know I checked in? This is my first year in this just want to make sure I get it right. I saw at some point it said PM's etc were sent to the guys/gals that didn't sign up but I never got anything maybe something got fubarred

dstubb 08-27-2009 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Canuck33 (Post 3421875)
Do we have a full team now and more importantly do I need to let someone else know I checked in? This is my first year in this just want to make sure I get it right. I saw at some point it said PM's etc were sent to the guys/gals that didn't sign up but I never got anything maybe something got fubarred

Were still missing DannyDeer and Steven McBee. Now that your here, you don't need to do anything. I did send you a PM last week, not sure what happened. Maybe i should try sending the others another one as well.

hunt91 08-27-2009 12:16 PM

it sure couldnt hurt. im surprised they would sign up for a contest and then not fallow through.

Steven McBee 08-27-2009 04:36 PM

im here, i dont usually log on a lot because for some reason, it wont let me half the time lol but i do check up on these threads every few days or so