Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26) >

Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)

Old 10-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey for you guys useing the tracer nocks. Are you using the ones that run off a magnet. If so how did you keep it from hitting or fleatchs. Also i have two if you want them there yours if you pay shipping would i guess would be less then 5 bucks. Maybe even a few stamps. I had the magnet hitting my vane. Or it would grap my tip. So i went to luminocks. Also sorry i have been gone real busy plus honestly i just forgot about hitting the team thread every so often. My bad. has any one got a deer.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Fork Horn

I went out sunday morning and the guy at the sporting goods store talked me into trying some select golden estrus. I figured what the heck since things are heating up here and to my surprise it worked. A 135'' or so buck came into my setup at about 8 am. I decided since I havent been able to get out much Id take the shot. A small twig that I didnt see caused my arrow to miss anything vital. I waited 2 hours before tracking figuring that even though it missed the vitals there was a chance it would be a fatal shot. Turns out it was just a muscle shot, my brother and I tracked the buck about 1/2 mile and then kicked him up and he ran off like he was just fine. Where he was bedded there was very little blood so I believe hes going to be just fine. The buck and I both gained some wisdom Sunday morning.
Around noon my brother and I set some stands on the new property we got permision for. While looking for stand locations we kicked up a buck. I wasnt lucky enough to see anything but the white flag but my brother got a clear view before it ran. We are both pretty good at scoring deer since we raised them for 8 years and he said he swears the bruiser was going to score in the low 200's and says its about a 4 year old 5yrs at the most. Hopefully the buck that lived was an omen that Im going to get the big dude off the new property. Right now Im down with pheryngitis but with all the meds ive been taking I plan on hitting the new place from dusk til dawn this weekend.
Hows everyone elses season going? I see were a sleeper team since none of us are ever on the team post. Hopefully that makes us a serious threat to the dark horses.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default MR. 8pt gets a pass

Well gang I decided to let a good buck live to see another day this past weekend. A buck that I have now named Mr. 8pt came into my morning set. I got a few pics of him the week before and was torn on whether or not I would take him given the opportunity. Well the opportunity came and with a buddy filming iin the tree with me we both felt he needed to walk and so he did. He did cooperate and take a good trail cam pic right in from of me. Knowing whats lurking in the woods nearby I think it was a good decision. Hopefully we can dethrown the champs with a couple studs. I have 2 weeks in the next 2 1/2 week off and it is prime time so hoipefully I will have some success pics shortly. Good luck all!
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...Picture106.jpg
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/s...Picture105.jpg
Old 11-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Glad your seeing deer guys. Went out for a few hours monday but did not see anything.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry All I Havent been around here much due to my work schedule and bowhunting hard.
I did get this doe fawn yesterday am after hitting a twig I got liver and gut but she did only go 27 yards from my stand she bedded and I watched die from my tree.
I passed on one buck twice yesterday am ( not a shooter ) and passed on 2 big doe's since I wanted to leave the big doe's for the bucks to chase.
The Big bucks here are Chasing The Does.
So how is it going for everyone?????
Good Luck Everyone !!!!
Attached Thumbnails Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)-deb-doe-3-allerton-09-2-resized.jpg  
Old 11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

pretty slow around here last time I was out. (sunday) seen some small bucks searching but no chasing and no big guys at all.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well after my week long vaca last week I'm sad to report no bone to add to the list. I passed on many great buck this season hopingto get a crack at a buck I call Triple Beam Supreme a great 3 main beam buck. Sad part is last friday at 1:30 I cought him walking through my creek bottom called him into 40 when he turned to wlka awya I gave it a shot and by the time I touched it off he was 47 yards and he heard the shot and ducked my arrow, unfortunately the pain doesn't end there. I collected my thoughts, switched sets and waited for the afternoon action and action it was, at about 3:30 I have a doe with a spike buck come running full tilt at me run by at 10 yards and on the same path a group of 140-50" bucks running full tilt and behind them is Triple Beam, unfortunatly being the last in line he decided to cut the corner of the corn, I had one window in the corn and he was trucking as he entered i shot and the found out the arrow is faster than the Buck! Yup missed him again at 32 yards shot right in front of him, good news both encounters were clean misses and he wasn't spooked as i saw him again right at dark at 55-60 yards. Only a couple sits left inthe 09 archery season maybe I will get my 3rd times a charm shot. Good luck gang
Old 11-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Canuck;
So Sorry to hear about your misses... but as you said you can rest assured in the knowledge that you didnt wound or educate him.
Only a couple sits left inthe 09 archery season maybe I will get my 3rd times a charm shot.
When does your season end ?
Old 11-18-2009, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our archery season ends Friday regular gun season runs Nov. 21-Dec 13 then we have one additional week Dec 14-22 for late archery/muzzloader. I use my boa about 50% of the time during regular season som hopefully I will get a shot then.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

No buck yet, but i did shoot a nice fat doe tonight.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)-me-doe.jpg   Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)-doe-hanging-2.jpg   Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)-meat-2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.