Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26) >

Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)

Old 10-05-2009, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Lady Forge
Like I Said
There Is Just No Way To Make This One Look Bigger
Congrats great way to get the season up and running now lets get Mr. Big on the board
Old 10-09-2009, 04:06 AM
Fork Horn

The truck is packed and ready to go as soon as I'm done with work. They're talking about a dusting of snow tonight or tomorrow. I love this time of year! My father arrived last night from FL. He's retired and spends 6-8 weeks on our land every fall. I look forward to spending time with him every year and can't wait to get out of the city. Good luck to everybody going out this weekend!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:41 AM
Fork Horn

Anybody been having any luck this season? I filled an antlerless tag last sunday and this past weekend I saw some more does but no bucks are moving in my area, at least not where Im sitting. I got the OK to hunt a place Ive shed hunted and had trailcams on. Theres a nice old buck I really want. Hes not the biggest but hes every bit of 7 years old and moving during daylight hours. He has popcan size bases and is pretty wide but looks like he got a buzz cut with his short stubby tines. Rubline of his is trees bout the size of telephone poles. Hes not the biggest in the area but hes probably the oldest and I love to be able to outsmart him if its possible. I plan on starting after him next weekend, would be sooner but Im on 11 hours days this week 2nd shift. Its plenty early still, 2 weeks from now and it will be prime time.
Bassman
Old 10-12-2009, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our season starts this saturday and I couldn't be more ready the stage is set, scrapes and rubs are poppin up and I hope to tag one early this year. Good luck to the rest of you we need to get some bone on the board
Old 10-13-2009, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you all.

I myself have been seeing tons of deer. I found the favored oak tree in my area and man are the deer lovin it.

Things just haven't connected for me yet. I have a group of about 7 does with fawns that I see pretty regularly. They have busted me twice because my stand is so wide open. I have only seen one nice buck this year.

I have had multiple shots on small bucks and fawns, but thats just not what I want. I hope everything connects soon. I want to tag a deer so bad.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got another Doe day before yesterday...
First I had another hunter walk by then a coyote came in to 17.5 yards and offered me a shot ( Were not allowed to kill coyotes on this property ) then another hunter walked into 35 yards from me I was beginning to wonder WHATS NEXT ??? Till about 5:00pm I Shot this doe at 25 yards and she didnt go 40 yards and dropped.
But alas still no buck.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)-deb-doe-2-09.jpg   Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)-deb-doe-2-2nd-pic-09.jpg  
Old 10-13-2009, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the doe she looks like a nice mature deer and with all the disruptions sounds like your patience nad persistance paid off. Can't wait to see the monster buck you drop the hammer on!
Old 10-14-2009, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey i just changed it sorry. I shot a young doe and hit here in the back leg. I shot a big doe right before the young one and missed last week. Sorry i have been off so long been real busy. Was going to head out this morning but i am sick again third time this month and it is raining. How is everyones season going.
Originally Posted by Red 5 stdby
Hey bigtim, change your signature! You're on Team 26- Spleen Splitters not Team 44.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bigtim6656
Hey i just changed it sorry. I shot a young doe and hit here in the back leg. I shot a big doe right before the young one and missed last week. Sorry i have been off so long been real busy. Was going to head out this morning but i am sick again third time this month and it is raining. How is everyones season going.
Dude are frickn kidding me? I saw your post a few weeks ago where you jumped out of your truck and took a 60 yard shot at a doe and missed. Now you wounded doe in the back leg? i know you really want to get that first kill and all, but you have to try and be as ethical as possible still. Be patient and wait for an easy shot, it will come.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

60 yard shot at a doe after jumping out of a truck? Rear leg shots? Yikes, I would say you better be way more ethical than that. Respect the game your hunting, wounded deer and unethical practices only fuel the fire for anti's. Patience and practice will get you what you want regardless ofthe time you have availible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.