Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26) >

Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)

Old 09-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh believe me I noticed the drop tine potential as well, I agree next year he might pop something at those locations but he is mature for sure and I would have a hard time passing on him this year. I know if at least 4 150+ including a 190+" 6x5 with a hammer drop in my area so I will hold out for awhile but my guess is he will look as good in person as he does on camera
Old 10-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright guys its almost my turn! I got the homecoming football game tomorow night, then I will be getting up for the opening day hunt Saturday morning. Man I cant wait.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck 1shotkill1993. I just got back from my third hunt of the season and am getting frustrated. On tuesday night i had a nice fat doe come straight in behind me without me even knowing it until she blew and took off after seeing me messing with my phone, and then tonight i had another fat doe walk in front of my stand at 20 yards out and never presented me with a clear shot. I am just itching to ice a doe and get some meat in the freezer.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

They're predicting rain all weekend and a high in upper 40's. Not exactly what I hoped for.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man I hope two weeks from now we get a NY morning just like today, in the low 40's and clear, perfect day to poke a buck.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I made it out on our opening day here in Illinois and of course had deer coming under me in the dark with the climber only half way up the tree... so I waited for what seemed an eternity for them to leave so I could finish my climb before it got light.
I was hunting the edge of a thicket that's where a few Doe's and their fawn's bed.
I was hunting the park property where we are required to take a doe before we can take a buck.
I had a Doe fawn come out of the thicket but her mother wouldnt present me with a shot ....... so the doe fawn was my target and she presented a quartering to me shot at 22 yards and I took it... she went 12 yards and piled up 10 yards in front of my tree.
No Blood Trailing needed
I was testing a new Grim Reaper 2 inch Broadhead... I like them !
The arrow went through a small amout of the top of the shoulder blade and cut 2 ribs in half before punching through her other sire
So I am now Buck Hunting and looking for a second Doe, if I take another doe I can then take 2 bucks off the park property.

I did pass on a young buck this morning at 18 yards.... he needs a few more years to grow.

I'll post a pick as soon as I can but I think she is my smallest to date... I even tried the big ole rock under the chest for the photo to make her look bigger... but
There Is Just No Way To Make This One Look Bigger
Gonna try and make out again in the morning but I have only had 8 hours of sleep in 48 hours so I dont know if I can do it again in the morning.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright fellas, just won the homecoming football game!!! I'm pumped!!! Gonna hit the sack and get up for the first hunt of the season in the morning. Looking to smack a nanny!!!
Old 10-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like I Said
Attached Thumbnails Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)-deb-doe-1-all-oct-1-2nd-pic.jpg  
Old 10-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Lady Forge
Like I Said

Congratulations! No reason to apologize. I bet that will be some fine eating!! Now just go find it's big Daddy 10 pointer.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Forge!!!

Well opening day was pretty slow. Full moons always screw me over.

Nothing in the morning. Then saw a doe at 5:30....for all of 5 seconds. Then a fox decided to venture under my stand after I had already put my bow down. I have always wanted a fox pelt for my room....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.