Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26) >

Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)

Old 09-25-2009, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Red 5 stdby
It's finally Friday!!! I was planning all week on sneaking out of work an hour or two early today. Just before I left last night I get an email from Lumbergh telling me I'll be working late to prepare some additional TPS reports. I'm stuck here all day and won't be leaving anytime soon. Darn Lumbergh!
haha... that's good stuff. If feel your pain though, tomorrow is opening day here in Ohio and it doesn't appear that the rain is going to let up at all. It has rained nonstop all week long, maybe i should just go out and try my hand at some still hunting. With all of this soggy ground i'm sure nothing would hear me coming until i was right on them.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not the biggest fan of archery in the rain since it makes a ethical track job nearly impossible but it never hurts to do some recon, don't think I would be able to miss a opener regardless. Good luck team
Old 09-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck this weekend D and to everyone else heading to the woods!

I picked up 2 tracer nocks last night. I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet so I'm not using them tomorrow morning. If I get a chance at lunch I might try to shoot them a few times so I can take them out in the afternoon. I definetly won't be shooting at the same bullseye and risk breaking a nock. Those things are expensive!
Old 09-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice let us know how it goes
Old 09-26-2009, 06:42 AM
Typical Buck

Heading out today around 3 o'clock today, hunting til dark. The rain has stopped but is supposed today start back up tonight with severe thunderstorms. Hopefully i can get out of the woods before it starts.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Typical Buck

No rain and no deer. Saw a couple turkey's and that's about it.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Im still around everybody. Havent changed my avi yet but I will. I hung a couple more stands today, season opens Oct 1 but I cant hunt until the 4th since this week my hours at work are pretty janky. They have me going in at 230 PM til 130 AM, I might sneak out on the morning of the 3rd but its still up in the air. I did some scouting on a new property that Im waiting to get the final word on if I can hunt it with stands. If they allow me I dont know where Im going to hunt since I found a rub line that started on a bunch of tiny sapplings and then I found a tree just a little smaller than my waist shredded. Its clearly a deer rub so since I had an extra camera in my daypack I set it up to see who's bedroom I was in. Only a few more days left and I dont think Ive been this excited for bow season in my life. Good luck and stay safe in the woods.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Nothing much to report from the weekend. I saw a nice 10 and 8 and some does but they never came within range. It was a little warm for my liking. Low temps are supposed to drop into high 30's this week. Some cooler weather should get things moving.
Old 09-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice seeing them is beeter than nothing. Getting more and more stoked as the days go on. Had a bunch of young bucks and some doe's on the trail cam but also had this fine buck show up, don't know him form past years but looks to be 3 1/2 maybe 4 at least he has a good roman nose, not the highest scoring but a mature buck and shooter in my books
Attached Thumbnails Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)-hook-9.jpg  
Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Canuck33
Nice seeing them is beeter than nothing. Getting more and more stoked as the days go on. Had a bunch of young bucks and some doe's on the trail cam but also had this fine buck show up, don't know him form past years but looks to be 3 1/2 maybe 4 at least he has a good roman nose, not the highest scoring but a mature buck and shooter in my books

Nice buck in the pick! Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the antlers look like they want to grow a drop tine on both sides? There's a small bump on the bottom under the g3. Possibly next year? If I saw him in the woods, I wouldn't be waiting for next year to find out. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.