Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26) >

Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)

Old 09-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry I haven't been around for a while team. The end/ beginning of the month are always really busy for me at work and I was gone for the holiday weekend.

Nice pics Lady and Canuck. Those are some fine deer.

Don't worry about the contest bigtim, just do what feels right and the deer will come.

Dstubb- hopefully that deer wasn't photo shopped too much. Lol.

Opener is this weekend for WI, but I'm staying home. It's supposed to be rainy and warm and the mosquitoes have come out with a vengeance. This will be the first time I've missed opening bow weekend in 5 years. Before you give me too hard of a time, it's also hockey registration for my 5 year old. We have to sign up in person as well as purchase the equipment. He's really excited and i wouldn't think of missing it.

Unfortunately this means that I'm not getting out until the last weekend in September or 1st in October. 10 hour drive for a wedding next weekend. I'm not sure which is worse, another weekend I can't hunt or the 10 hour drive from MN through Chicago to MI.

Good luck to the rest of the WI boys out hunting this weekend. Keep us updated and post some pics.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Fork Horn

Hey bigtim, change your signature! You're on Team 26- Spleen Splitters not Team 44.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Spike

dannydeer checking in
Old 09-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Welcome Danny.

My season Starts here in Illinois October 1st and I have to take a doe on the big property I hunt before I can take a buck. So this morning before sunrise I got in the stand to see if I could film any deer coming through the woods from the corn field, it was a bit warm but the skeeters werent to bad . I gave that spot a couple of hours and wasnt to impressed with what I was seeing
so,
I snuck outa there and headed to a spot where I was positive Doe's were bedding. It was a ankle breaking thorn and vine infested thicket just full of beds that were full of deer hair and I needed to find a tree for opening day to hang my climber in, I had seen the does on the fringe of this area on a regular basis so I did some quiet stalking on the fringe of the thicket and was able to sneak up to within 10 yards of a bedded doe. The doe did hear me and stood up but wasnt sure what it was so she just stood there offering me a perfect 10 yard broadside shot, if only it had been opening day I would of had my doe by 9:00am already.
I think I'll be back in this spot opening day in a nice tree I picked out for my climber.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome, I love that policy, I wish NY would do that. On the ground I manage I decided to require it this year of those who want to hunt with me, it's a great way to manage the herd
Old 09-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome Dannydeer. Feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a little about you.

Always cool when you can get that close to a deer. Were you wearing full camo? Somehow they always know when I have a bow in my hand and when I don't. Nothing wrong with taking a doe early in the season. They taste better than a buck in rut all charged up with Testosterone in my opinion.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Were you wearing full camo?
I was in full camo in the stand but when I was on the fringe of the Doe Bedding Thicket it had already warmed up a bit so I had removed the camo and went in wearing the Rubber Boots and a light weight Scent Eliminator Base Layer, and had sprayed myself with Dead Down Wind.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

Heres a 10 that showed up on my cam. He'd be a good start for our team, but Ill have to see what else is in the area because I know hes not the biggest. Hes actually slightly above average from what Ive seen this year. Im guessing he should hit right around 152'' to 155'' and he looks like a good mature buck. The series of pics 1 minute before these he was with a doe. Pretty early for him to be shopping for a girlfriend.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)-10-pt.jpg   Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)-10-pt-2.jpg  
Old 09-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guy's sorry for not checking in lately, but this stupid website hasn't been loading up for the past week. Today is the first time i was able to get the homepage to load up in what seems an eternity. Glad to have you here Danny. My season kicks off in 13 days and i am pumped!
Old 09-15-2009, 06:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by dstubb
Official Team 26

103 Lady Forge
295 Red 5 stdby
266 Bassman417
6 bigtim6656
202 Canuck33
275 danny deer
20 hunt91
71 dstubb
alt Nutter
85 Steven McBee
Alternates have been placed. Please contact him and welcome him aboard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.