Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26) >

Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Spleen Splitters Thread (26)

Old 08-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey gang, sorry for the late check in no excuses other than I forgot to see what team I was on. I'm a NY hunter and if evrything goes as planned I should be able to up the bone on the team I have been putting a monster or two on the ground for the past 6-7 years and with a strict management and scouting plan this year is producing a bumper crop hopefully one will cooperate when the time comes.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I went back through the chain you guy's are tough, lets get this rockin and rolling!
Old 08-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Glad to have you aboard Canuck33! That's a fantastic buck in your avatar. What did he score?

Don't worry Lady, this is the year you'll break the curse and lead us to victory!

I'm just finishing fletching some arrrows and can't wait for the season to start. I just bought a new trail cam and tested it on the dog's in the backyard. It's the first time I've used one with Infrared. Pretty cool but a little blury at night unless perfectly still. Now if I can just find a deer and tie it to the tree until the season starts, I'll be golden.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Fork Horn

Im happy with any team name. Spleen Splitters sounds good if thats what the majority is leaning toward.
Well Ive been strategically finding out where the buck Im after this year isnt travelling. Im doing it backwards I guess and finding out what to look forward to next year, lol. Some of you may want to boot me off the team for this next statement...... I found a morning travel route of a 140-150" or better buck and Im affraid hes gonna walk this year. Ive determined hes only about 2 1/2 and until Thanksgiving he gets a free pass. He has 12 pts with a kicker that gives him 13 scorable tines. I know theres at least 3 that will smoke this dude score wise so lets hope I find a morning pattern for them as well since I work 2nd and cant hunt evenings this year. Ill post some pics of what Ive been watching and decided to let walk so far as soon as I download them. Anybody else want to share what theyre keeping an eye on??
Old 08-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Red 5, he scored 167 5/8 had 15 scorable points, my best P&Y to date, I got a really nice 147 3/8 9 point the same year that was my best season because not only did I shoot them but I had opportunity to harvest two absolute monsters after I took those two and wished I still had a tag but did not so they walked. I took a monster 178 5/8 in 07 and I know there are at least 4-5 that will top that in the area including a absolute world class 6x5 with a 8-10" droptine not more than 1.4 miles from my ground, I have video footage of him. He has to be 190+, he has 4 or more mid 140's running with him and they look tiny next to him. Best buck I've seen in person in NY maybe ever. Let's hope I poke him.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Typical Buck

Good to have you on board Canuck33.

I have chosen to not put out my camera this year. Last year i think i spent too much time messing with my camera and refilling feeders that i put a put a little too much pressure on the deer. For the last 2 seasons i have been chasing a nice 6x6 that should score really well, i am confident in my new stand placements this year. At worst i know i will at least take a management buck if all else fails.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Do we have a full team now and more importantly do I need to let someone else know I checked in? This is my first year in this just want to make sure I get it right. I saw at some point it said PM's etc were sent to the guys/gals that didn't sign up but I never got anything maybe something got fubarred
Old 08-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Canuck33
Do we have a full team now and more importantly do I need to let someone else know I checked in? This is my first year in this just want to make sure I get it right. I saw at some point it said PM's etc were sent to the guys/gals that didn't sign up but I never got anything maybe something got fubarred
Were still missing DannyDeer and Steven McBee. Now that your here, you don't need to do anything. I did send you a PM last week, not sure what happened. Maybe i should try sending the others another one as well.

Last edited by dstubb; 08-27-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

it sure couldnt hurt. im surprised they would sign up for a contest and then not fallow through.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

im here, i dont usually log on a lot because for some reason, it wont let me half the time lol but i do check up on these threads every few days or so

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.