Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team BowBums Thread (2) >

Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

Old 11-09-2009, 03:07 AM
Typical Buck

Navy- Nice deer. Congrats. My Pike adventure turned out lousey due to the exceptional warm weather. Not much was moving on my lease.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck Navy! It's really starting to heat up around NE Oklahoma. I've been seeing more deer and I've seen a couple of shooters just out of range. I'll be hunting Wednesday morning and evening. I've got a good feeling!
Old 11-10-2009, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

Finally got it scored and on the official page. 117 Gross.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by NavyDeerHunter
Very nice!! Congratulation's on your buck, he's a good one!!
Old 11-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

This just in-

Your captain arrowed a 10 pointer this morning(Thursday) Score around 135"

He has no computer available so I'll see if I can help get it checked in on Sat/Sunday.
Old 11-17-2009, 04:18 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by NavyDeerHunter

Congrats! Nice one.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LLBUX
This just in-

Your captain arrowed a 10 pointer this morning(Thursday) Score around 135"

He has no computer available so I'll see if I can help get it checked in on Sat/Sunday.

That's great! Things are starting to heat up around here!
Old 11-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys! Just got back a couple hours ago.

Nice buck and a great story Navy!!!

Congrats to you as well BH46!

Sorry it wasnt you that closed the deal yatesm. Maybe a bigger one's out there with your name on him!

As Arnie (LLBUX) said, I stuck a mid 130's 10 pointer. I'll get a pic and a score sheet up real soon. I rough scored it without writing anything down the day I killed it but we had a cooler breakdown on the farm before I could do it properly and it went to a freezer for a awhile. Got it back and caped and all that stuff and I'll put the tape to it tomorrow and post a true score with pics

As Dan said, the standing corn and the weather really made for a tough hunt in the Golden triangle this season. Then the floods didnt help much either.

Also managed to bag a big male coyote and a good story which I'll post as well
Old 11-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, he's posted and officiaaly scored and I'm officially a little embarassed! Not sure what happened between the time we rough scored it (using the tape but adding things verbally) around 135 but in the real world he measures 123 5/8... Now thats some serious ground shrinkage!!!

Still a good mature buck and based on the tine lengths, may not have gotten much better with more years

Here he is along with the coyote and the whopper we all chased that eventually was taken with the shotgun.

The coyote cost me two shot opportunities the same night. I had a big buck breeding a doe at 50 yards. After they finished, I snort wheezed at him and he started coming like I had him on a rope. Suddenly at about 30 yards, he turned away he turned and took off and so did the doe The coyote appeared and that explained it all. I smoked the coyote for being rude and he fell at around 27 yards in the field. In less than a minute, another bigger shooter came up the hill and as I drew, he practically stepped on the dead coyote and blew out too!
I got even with the coyote but he got back to one up on me even after death!!!

Still got the PA late bow season to look forward to. My two best PA bowbucks have come in the late season.........
Attached Thumbnails Official Team BowBums Thread (2)-09ilbuck.jpg   Official Team BowBums Thread (2)-2009coyote.jpg   Official Team BowBums Thread (2)-tjbuck.jpg  

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 11-24-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not much happening up here guys.......
I have a few more days left but my hopes are not too high. Sightings are down. I have not seen many deer all year to tell you the truth. I still think the corn has something to do with it but from the sounds of things it is all over with this year being unseasonabley warm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.