Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team BowBums Thread (2) >

Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

Old 10-07-2009, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck on your next meeting with him Michael!!!!

I had a relatively quiet opener In Illinois. Managed to put a small doe in the cooler but the deer were not moving all that well. I'm back in PA and hope to get out this afternoon.......

Good luck guys!!!!
Old 10-07-2009, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heading out this evening.... raining but the wind is perfect.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, an update on my first week of the season. I've seen deer every time I've been out, but mostly does. I have been tempted to shoot one, but I just keep thinking that the one I shoot might just be the one that brings a shooter buck by my stand later in the season. I think I'll just wait till after the rut to put my tag on a doe. Other than the does and yearlings that I've been seeing, I've seen a yearling 5 point that will be a monster some day if he makes it through. He's got very large forks and only one brow tine but he show real potential. I've got my camera out in a different area than I've been hunting and I think it's in a great spot. I plan on checking it either this evening or Saturday morning after my morning hunt to see if I've got any shooters moving in that area. I feel really good about my stand locations and I'm starting to see rubs on my way to and from my stand so I'm sure there's much more out there I'm just not going to go trapesing around looking for it. Anyway, I'll be out this weekend and I'll post another update when I get back to the office on monday. Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I have SNOW in Manitoba.... almost 4" of it. The wind hasn't let up since wednesday night when I was out last. The deer are going to moving hard when all this lets up. I'll be out this monday.....
Old 10-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Go get em!

Today would have been a super day in PA but we spent it working on my youngest son's eagle scout service project. I dont say this often but that was a bit more important today. The good news is that we got 90% of it finished and I'll be in my tree Monday (God and weather permitting)
Old 10-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Go get em!

Today would have been a super day in PA but we spent it working on my youngest son's eagle scout service project. I dont say this often but that was a bit more important today. The good news is that we got 90% of it finished and I'll be in my tree Monday (God and weather permitting)
Tell your son congrats! What was his eagle project?

I'll be recieving my eagle award this tuesday. Unfortunatly this means ill be missing an evening of hunting, but Im willing to make the sacrifice.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BowHunter46
Tell your son congrats! What was his eagle project?

I'll be recieving my eagle award this tuesday. Unfortunatly this means ill be missing an evening of hunting, but Im willing to make the sacrifice.

Congrats on a truly awesome lifetime acheivement! There'll be other evenings to hunt but only one Eagle scout ceremony. Good to have an Eagle on our team!

His project was a the rebuilding of an outdoor stairway in a local park that led to the tennis and handball courts and the hockey field. The old one was in such bad shape that folks had to walk a considerable distance around to use that part of the park. He did a very nice job from beginning to end and I'm very proud of him. All that stands between him and his Eagle now is the usual paperwork
Old 10-12-2009, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Go get em!

Congrats to your son! On the hunting front, probably won't get down to my best spot again until the start of the rut. Will be out at another location the next few weekends. Saw a decent buck there on Saturday eve. Good luck and keep hunting!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I`ll be heading out tonight... -3 and light snow. Can`t wait! I`m also taking a friends nephew who is 12 so he will be close to me, not sure what if any chances I will have tonight. Should be good for sightings though.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Headed out in just a few minutes. Tonight is primarily a doe hunt at a stand erected for that purpose behind my fathers house. Have to go that way anyway so I'll slip in for the last few hours and hopefully pick up a fresh set of backstraps!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.