Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team BowBums Thread (2) >

Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

Old 09-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys! Just got back from a few days at my camp in NW PA. \

Tried to buy a piece of ground behind the camp that was up for back taxes and got outbid

PA season begins Oct 3 but I'll miss that cause I'll be in Brown County Illinois for their opener.

We have an early doe only opener in selected areas starting Saturday but I'm not all that keen at smelling up my honey holes that early. I'm not against taking does, I take 5-6 per year. I just cant get excited about maybe educating that mature buck for the season when I cant give him the "final exam"
Old 09-17-2009, 07:02 AM
Fork Horn

We have to at least stay on the front page.

Food plots are out, shooting lanes cut, cameras out.

Now we wait.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's the one that I killed last season

And here's one that I'm 99% made it through and is still out there. They were running together last year before I killed his buddy and I think I've got him figured out so hopefully he'll make a mistake and give me a chance.

Last edited by John Deer; 09-17-2009 at 10:20 AM. Reason: typing error
Old 09-17-2009, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here's another pic of him.

Old 09-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice pair of bucks JD!

Congrats on last years and good luck on the one still out there!!
Old 09-18-2009, 04:43 AM
Typical Buck

JD- Nice deer!
Old 09-22-2009, 03:44 AM
Typical Buck

So what's new guys? Still waiting on my season to start.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just waiting for Oct 1st. I went out Sunday and checked my camera. It has over 700 pictures taken in the last couple of weeks. ALL DOES! Not one single antler in the bunch! I have it set up on a feeding station that I have had running for the last few seasons. I don't know what the deal is this year but no buck activity in the area. I usually get several pics of bucks by now but something is different this year. Anyway, I moved the camera to a trail on the other side of the property approx. 1/2 mile away to see if I can get some bucks on film. I'll give it another week and check to see what I've got on there. Also, I found a great looking area with a heavily used deer trail but no trees big enough to put a stand in. I just got a new ameristep blind about a month ago so I'm going to go out and clear an area to set the blind up when I check the camera next weekend. It looks like a prime buck area with trails intersecting and running all through a really thick area with a pond on one side and an open field on the other. Makes a great funnel.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Our season is open in the management unit where I live but for does only. I'm just not real enthused about smelling up my spots when I can't shoot that big boy if he comes by. I shoot plenty of does but between the hot weather and the risk of busting a big boy when I cant close the deal has kept me out of the woods for now. I'm headed for Illinois for the opener next week though!!! My buddy out there pulled our trailcams and the stands are up so we're leaving the woods totally undsturbed now till the opener.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

1 week till I hit the woods and i can wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.