Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team BowBums Thread (2) >

Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

Old 09-01-2009, 03:14 AM
Typical Buck

Wow- if that is what you are seeing around Jacksonville, I'm excited. Never hunted my Pike county lease, but I've heard some good things about it. Hopefully I see some as we put up stands this weekend.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dan,

You are definitiely in a good area!! I used to hunt north of Barry where you said your lease is. We were actually just barely in Adams county. Here's my buddy with one he tagged there a few years ago just North of Barry....
Attached Thumbnails Official Team BowBums Thread (2)-charliep.jpg  
Old 09-01-2009, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
Dan,

You are definitiely in a good area!! I used to hunt north of Barry where you said your lease is. We were actually just barely in Adams county. Here's my buddy with one he tagged there a few years ago just North of Barry....

I hope I get an opportunity at something like that! Can't wait!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK guys, we need a team avatar! My thought is a cartoonish comical guy in ragged camo with his bow in one hand and a sign that say "will hunt for food" in the other.

Whattya think?"

Does anyone have any talent with this kind of stuff?

I've got a friend or two who might help but thought maybe we have a talented teammate among us..........
Old 09-03-2009, 03:07 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
OK guys, we need a team avatar! My thought is a cartoonish comical guy in ragged camo with his bow in one hand and a sign that say "will hunt for food" in the other.

Whattya think?"

Does anyone have any talent with this kind of stuff?

I've got a friend or two who might help but thought maybe we have a talented teammate among us..........
This sounds fine to me. I do not know how to create avatars, sorry can't help there.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Hey team im finally here!!!!! I have been down south on a fishing trip and havent had time to catch up on anything. My name is Michael Yates im hunting out of southern illinois, on a farm that had a 140'' and a 160 '' taken off of it last year. Sry for the delaed check in!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by yatesm
Hey team im finally here!!!!! I have been down south on a fishing trip and havent had time to catch up on anything. My name is Michael Yates im hunting out of southern illinois, on a farm that had a 140'' and a 160 '' taken off of it last year. Sry for the delaed check in!!!!!!

Hey Michael!

Glad you made it! The team is now complete!

I have notified the grand Poo-Bah that we're all checked in!!

Looks like we have some great potential,

We have some great whitetail territory represented here. Manitoba, Minnesota, Illinois(nearly half of the team), Oklahoma, Alabama, Maryland, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania. ALL good whitetail states and several with SERIOUS bug buck potential

It also looks like we've got plenty of collective experience and expertise.

Looks like the we might have a decent shot at sending the dark horses to the glue factory..........

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 09-03-2009 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

Looks like the we might have a decent shot at sending the dark horses to the glue factory..........[/quote]

Or to Europe to be eaten!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got a friend with more talent than me working on our avatar. Hopefully we'll have something early next week
Old 09-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

My season is on but I'm not even going to venture out until the first frost. The mosquitoes are so bad right now that you need 2 thermacells and still get eaten alive. After the first frost they should let up a bit. From all the pics I have seen we are all hard antlered up here anyhow... plus the crops are weeks behind schedule. I can't wait for the Canola to be cut and the soy beans to be ready, then its corn round here. Sandilands out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.