Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team BowBums Thread (2) >

Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

Old 08-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for BowBums. As for scouting, I've got my camera out and plan on checking it this weekend. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a few trailcams that'll get ya going!
Attached Thumbnails Official Team BowBums Thread (2)-09wp7.jpg   Official Team BowBums Thread (2)-09wp2.jpg   Official Team BowBums Thread (2)-09wp3.jpg  
Old 08-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys I nearly had a horrible occurence this past weekend. I had recently gotten the serving on my buss cable restrung when I noticed it had come loose. I also had gotten some new silencers put on, so when I came home, I wanted to give them a try.
I fired six shots out of the bow and was impressed by how much quieter it was. But after the seventh shot, I looked down to check the cerving around the cable.
I couldn't believe it. Two threads from the cable had broken. I feel pretty lucky that I noticed it when I did and it didn't snap on me. That could have been catastrophic.
I took it back it the next day to have a new buss cable put on it. I should be getting a call this weekend or early next week to go pick it up. I guess i'm also lucky that this didn't happen the day before the opener.

Bob, those are some nice bucks! I would assume those are from illinois? I know PA has some big deer, but that one in the first picture is monstrous!

Last edited by BowHunter46; 08-27-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

A new spot in Ohio that i got invited to hunt on.

Cute little fellows.

Yes , there are bigger ones there also.

More pics to come.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yep! Those are all Illinois. Actually they're all the same trailcam!

That sparse vegetation around them was a soybean plot!

(We replanted in mid August)

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 08-28-2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't been able to do much as far as scouting is concerned either. I hunt just outside the city of Winnipeg and share the land with a friend. He has gone out and sat in the evenings a few times and seen some nice deer. Including 2 that will go over 150. I'm excited to say the least. Crops are good for my location this yr too. I have beans in the land I'm on and corn in the field across from me. Another spot I go has wheat so it will be an early season spot.
Opening day for me is this coming monday..... BUT I won't be able to go out. I'm in moving phase right now. I'll try and get out whenI can but won't make anyt promises. I have the first week of november off to sit in stand during the pre rut so will put alot of stock in that.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys I PM'd rob to let him know that we decided on BowBums as our team name.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by goherd1111
Guys I PM'd rob to let him know that we decided on BowBums as our team name.
So is Bob our Capt? Are we all checked in? Going out to my lease this weekend to put up a couple of stands. Looking forward to it.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

All checked in except for Yatesm. I PM'ed him but he hasn't responded yet. Rob will be assigning alternates in about a week as soon as he returns from a pronghorn hunt. Hopefully Yatesm will check in but if not, we'll pick up another member from the alternates.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, I believe Bob should be our captain. Bob if you would like go ahead and let the authorities know.

I finally made it out to place a few trailcams yesterday. I will keep you guys posted of any bruisers I may catch on film. Talk at you soon. Here are a few that I hope are still around from last year.

Last edited by goherd1111; 08-31-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.