Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team BowBums Thread (2) >

Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

Old 08-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

hey by the way, I just got this picture off my trail camera and am wondering if any of you would be able to clear it up for me. It was taken with a Wildview Extreme 4 and this is pretty typical of the quality of many of the photos. Most of the deer I have pictures of have been does or fawns, but this one is definitely a nice buck.
I can put at least three points on his right side, but in order for him to be legal in this part of PA, I'd need to put just one more point on him.
I'll try to post the picture on here but I can't seem to get the image any larger. I could send it through e-mail if needed if someone is able to increase the size.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team BowBums Thread (2)-001.jpg  
Old 08-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Typical Buck

Checking in. Glad to be part of the team.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

So are we all checked in? We need a name, which bowbums seems to be the fav at the moment, and a team capt. Any thoughts? I voted for Bob.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by danscott
So are we all checked in? We need a name, which bowbums seems to be the fav at the moment, and a team capt. Any thoughts? I voted for Bob.

Lets make it official
Old 08-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

Stamp of approval from me.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys. I vote bowbums too. As for captain, I'm truly honored by the support but would rather wait till everyone weighs in. I'll be glad to handle it but I was a captain last year and would gladly step aside if anyone wants to be a captain this season. I also will be absent for several weeks in November while I'm at my Illinois location trying to whack some big points for the team. A good friend who lives near there kept me and my team up to speed last year. His name is LLBUX.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

OK we have 5 votes for bowbums. 1 more makes it official.

Everyone is checked in except Yatesm.
I PMed him three days ago and will ask Rob how long we should wait. I'd hate to bypass a guy just cause he's on vacation or sick or something.

Does anyone have any talent for creating an avatar? I can imagine that some funny stuff could be done with the name bowbums!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bowbums is good with me, that's six votes, it should be official.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. I probably won't be posting as much as years past, I have a new baby that's taking up alot of my free time. However, I will still be out in the field 3 or 4 times a week trying to help out our team. Talk to you guys soon. By the way my vote for captain also goes to Bob.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK, it sounds like it's BowBums!

Congrats on the new future hunting buddy Chris!!
I'll be just out of Mount Sterling Il for 3 1/2 weeks. Maybe we'll get a chance to meet. My lease is right between Siloam Springs main park and the Buckhorn Unit.

Jim, Freeport is real close to me. I'm actually a bit off Rt 66 between Apollo and Delmont. Lots of good bucks around here for those of us willing to work at it! I tried to blow up your pic but lost the detail so can't tell if he's got tha 4th point but based on the main beam size, I'd say your odds are fairly good that he's legal. BTW the store in Apollo is Schultz's and they are great folks. Knowledgable, fair and a well stocked archery shop.

Hows everyones scouting going?

Anyone know Yatesm or how we can get him to sign on and check in?

Sandilands, your PM box is full. Could you add our name to the official thread title?

How about this for wording on our avatar?

BOWBUMS............ will hunt for food!

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 08-27-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
BTW the store in Apollo is Schultz's and they are great folks. Knowledgable, fair and a well stocked archery shop.
The last name says It all, they must be good people!!!

Whatever you guys want for a name, I'm game. Avatar wise, I can't make them things either.

Scouting wise, haven't done much. I was planning on doing some early season mature buck hunting but that's not working out as planned. Been busy with getting ready for bear season In Mn, opens next Tuesday. I've also been working a ton too so no time Is getting spent glassing and doing look outs so far this summer. The way It's looking I won't be hitting the woods till mid October when the pre rut starts heating up.

Good luck to all, shoot straight!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.