Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team BowBums Thread (2) >

Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

Old 08-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Official Team BowBums Thread (2)

Welcome to this yrs HNI Deer hunting contest. Here is our team
Official Team 2

356 cptleo1
98 Schultzy

137 BowHunter46
17 Sandilands
271 yatesm
140 John Deer
5 BTBowhunter
248 goherd1111
185 NavyDeerHunter
69 danscott

Our best chance to get up there in the scores is team participation. Lets start by introducing ourselves here.

I am Sandilands, I live in MB Canada. For the last few yrs I have hunted strictly with a archery gear. I hunt good land, that is archery only for bucks. Last yr I had plenty of opportunities at some big boys but couldn't get them in as close as I wanted. I tagged a 100" buck that was best to date with archery gear. This yr I am planning on beating my last. I hunt for myself first and foremost.

Lets get together and have fun this yr.

Last edited by Rob/PA Bowyer; 09-15-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, my name is Chris. I live in West Central IL and this is my 4th season participating in this contest. I have scored a 130" buck 2 out of the last three seasons and hope to add to that this year. I look forward to meeting all of you. Talk to you guys soon.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:39 AM
Typical Buck

Hi guys. My name is Dan. I've recently picked up a lease in Pike County IL and am looking forward to adding to the team total. My last two years I've had to hunt a fence line that did not produce a thing to shoot at. Very happy to get into Pike County this year even if it's about a 3.5 hr drive one way.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:58 AM
Typical Buck

Chris- I'm not too far west of you. Have you used any meat processors in that area?
Old 08-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys! Good to meet ya! My name is Bob. This'll be my 40th year bowhunting. My best buck is 152" and I've got a pretty good string of P&Y class bucks. Some from PA and some from Il.
I live and hunt in Western PA and also have a pretty good lease in Brown County Illinois about 3 miles north of Pike and less than a mile from Adams County. I'll be there for several weeks in the bow season.

It's not too early to start talking about a team name and captain but we should be sure that everyone has had a chance to check in before we choose either.

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 08-19-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by danscott
Chris- I'm not too far west of you. Have you used any meat processors in that area?

What part of Pike are you in Dan? There is a processor in Clayton named John Pendleton just North of Pike and the family we rent our lodge from in Brown near Mount Sterling also does deer too.

I've heard that there's a pretty nasty place in Barry you'd want to avoidbut I'm not sure of the name

If you're in Southern Pike, Bob's market in Pleasant hill does em and there's a place in Nebo as well but I'd have to make a call to get their name.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good to have you all aboard. I'm about to send Schultzy an e-mail to get his butt on here so we can get everyone signed in. The key is team participation, if you know anyone that hasn't signed in then send them an e-mail or a PM.

Old 08-20-2009, 03:15 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BTBowhunter
What part of Pike are you in Dan? There is a processor in Clayton named John Pendleton just North of Pike and the family we rent our lodge from in Brown near Mount Sterling also does deer too.

I've heard that there's a pretty nasty place in Barry you'd want to avoidbut I'm not sure of the name

If you're in Southern Pike, Bob's market in Pleasant hill does em and there's a place in Nebo as well but I'd have to make a call to get their name.
Thanks much. I'm a few miles north of Barry, but I will now avoid anything near there.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Guys! My name is Jim and I'm from south western PA. This will be my fifth year bowhunting and so far Im two for four in getting a buck in the archery season. PA's season starts October 10th I believe and I've already got my eye on a nice buck (my nemesis from last year).

I look forward to getting to know you guys and from the looks of things, we should have a pretty good team!
Old 08-20-2009, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Checking In!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.