Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18) >

Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)

Old 09-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

Only 10 Hours to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Moose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck tomorrow Darin! Bust a biggun.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:06 AM
Fork Horn

It is finally here. I am heading out in about an hour. It will be different than any other first hunt of the year with the weather. Usually it is still pretty warm here still in early Oct, but this morning it is 45 with a NW wind. The high today is only 55. I will let you guys know what happens. I have a doe tag burning a hole in my pocket, but who knows maybe a big Iowa bruiser will wander by me! Good Luck to everyone.

Dan
Old 10-03-2009, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Dan!
Old 10-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

good luck guys!

I went out for deer thursday and today before the rain. I was standing with my little brother for a small push (trying to get him his first deer) when a little spike came out about 8 yards away, he tried drawing back but the deer heard him and spooked. He was shaking like a leaf! It was pretty funny!

Today I put my uncle in a spot for another little push and he about got run over by a nice doe. He too was all nervous afterwards.

I need to start videotaping this stuff!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's why I have started taping my hunts. Those are some pretty good stories.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

Geez, we're not a very talkative bunch!

I had 3 does go by at 30 yards, I didnt even try to stop them...I am waiting for bone now that i've got plenty of meat...
Old 10-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Well, sorry I have been out of pocket for so long, just been busy with work and the new boy. I haven't had an opputunity to get in the stand yet, but I have been able to check my cameras. As I said about a month ago, the bucks have moved in from the river and are beginning to call my place home. I don't have any monsters yet, but I do have a couple nice ones. I am sure a few more will show up as the season goes on.

Here are a few videos I uploaded to youtube froma camera I have setup on video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/broncho10

Here are a few of the pics from my camera:
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)-both-8-pts.jpg   Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)-pict0006.jpg   Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)-pict0188.jpg   Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)-cdy_0093.jpg   Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)-cdy_0096.jpg  

Old 10-09-2009, 02:32 AM
Fork Horn

Millertime, those are some nice bucks you have coming in. It is always good when you can get them coming during shooting hours.

I got out last weekend, but didn't put anything down. I saw quite a few, but no big bucks. I somehow missed a doe on Sat. night. She must have been a little bit farther than I thought she was. I had ranged the area, and hunted the stand several times last year so I thought I was set when she came walking through. I actually shot a doe in what I thought was the exact same spot last year, but it must have been a few yards closer.

Anyway it was great to get out. I usually hunt almost every weekend through Oct. and then try to get a 5-7 day strech plus weekends in Nov., but I am not sure that is going to happen this year. My wife and I just bought a house and are moving on the 16th. It looks like the move and subsequent projects are going to cut into my Oct. hunting. I hope it won't affect my Nov. hunting to much. I was hoping this would all be done a couple of months ago but it took a little longer to sell our house than we expected.

I will give an update whenever I can get out again, and good luck to everyone. Enjoy your time in the stand!

Dan
Old 10-09-2009, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MEhuntalot
Geez, we're not a very talkative bunch!

I had 3 does go by at 30 yards, I didnt even try to stop them...I am waiting for bone now that i've got plenty of meat...
Everyone kinda went *poof*! LOL I was wondering the same thing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.