Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18) >

Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)

Old 09-11-2009, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

Heading north for the weekend and check out the food plots and apple trees I planted a few months ago and to check my cameras, havent checked them since I put them out.. I hope there are some nice bucks on them..Good luck to everyone who is hunting..Only 3 more weeks here..
Old 09-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Fork Horn

Hey team,

My season opened today...20 minutes into the season death was upon me . I scored on a 1.5 year old doe! She only dressed out at 85lbs; we had a tough winter, and I think she was from set of a triplets I saw at the end of last season...so thats probably why shes a little lean.

I only got one crappy cell phone picture that I need to figure out how to send to myself. I usually get nice pics, but it was warm and we wanted to keep hunting so we skipped quality pics.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the doe man. Them straps will melt in your mouth.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats! Our season starts next Saturday. Went out today and made some adjustments on the blind I'll use on opener. Trimmed some narrow shooting windows through the mesh since I'm trying Rage 2 blades this year at first. We had broiled venison tenderloin Friday night which was awesome. Checked the freezer and only one package of steaks and one of hot dogs left. Plus two summer sausage rolls. We only get one deer in my area now instead of three per recent DNR changes so I may not be eating for awhile. Gotta make it count. Though the DNR is considering offering me a management tag on a doe with a large growth on her. Maybe a tumor, maybe a hernia they say after looking at the photos I sent (looks like she's carrying a bowling ball around in her stomach). They say the meat would be fine but my wife says she'll leave me if I try to feed it to our family. lol.

So what do you guys normally make or get made with your deer meat? I keep the cuts but from the scraps last year I had the local processor, who I know, make up some country sausage, hot dogs, snack sticks and summer sausage. I'm thinking this year of trying some of the breakfast sausage and venison bacon he makes though.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by minnesotadeer
So what do you guys normally make or get made with your deer meat? I keep the cuts but from the scraps last year I had the local processor, who I know, make up some country sausage, hot dogs, snack sticks and summer sausage. I'm thinking this year of trying some of the breakfast sausage and venison bacon he makes though.
Thanks! It was definitely a good start to the season.

I usually get my steaks cut extra thick, minimal hamburg, stew meat, a roast and some maple or hot italian sausage links.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just lettin ya know I havent forgot about your avatar! i havent had time to do anything lately!

I apologize!
Old 09-14-2009, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats MEhuntalot on the Doe...
Jenna, Dont worry about it, whenever you can get to it..
Old 09-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats MEhuntalot, that's awesome. I hope to get started early on the does when our season gets here, I have passed way to many does the past few years with my bow, thisyear is going to be different, the first chance I get at a doe I will take.

I usually just get steaks, roast, and hamburger from my deer. I will sometimes make summer sausage out of my hamburger and cut my roast in strips and make jerky. I only have 1 package of hamburger left in the freezer, season can't get here quick enough.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:40 PM
Host of Hosts

Congrats on the doe...still got until Oct 3 before I can get out.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:18 AM
Typical Buck

NCREM- are you doing any good, seeing any?????
Only 15 more days to go....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.