Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18) >

Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)

Old 08-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Typical Buck

Dave, you seem to be on here and more active than anyone else on our team, you have my vote for captain.

I like Booner Busters, I think it has a good sound to it.

OK, the little guy is taking a nap so it gives me a little time to introduce myself. I will be hunting strictly out of the west central part of Oklahoma on our family farm, unless something unplanned comes up later this fall. I have some game cams out but haven't caught any shooters yet. No worries though, we normally have 2 or 3 shooters move in from the river early to mid October. We had three 2 1/2 yr old 8 points on our property last year that should be pretty nice this year. We normally try to shoot 4 1/2 yr old or older, but if a good 3 yr old walks out with my bow in hand, I will probably have to take him. I am due for a good deer with my bow, it has been 3 years since I have shot a buck with my bow. Part of the reason is being picky, the other is I just haven't been in the right place at the right time.

A little history about our property. We have shot several nice deer off of our place, scoring up to 184", my personal best being 172" 12 point shot with my rifle. My dad shot a nice mature 142" deer last year, the only buck shot off our place last year. I guess that is enough about me and my place, just wanted to fill you all in about myself while I had the time.

A few pictures that some of you may have already seen.

Picture of some of the deer that we have taken off of our property:

Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)-100_0653.jpg

My dad's 142" deer he shot last year:

Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)-dad-stickers-08-11-.jpg

My cousin's first deer (184"):

Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)-drewsdeer_013.jpeg

My biggest buck with a bow to date:

Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)-oct.-14_pitchfork-006.jpg
Old 08-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

184" for a 1st deer! Holy crap! That's going to be tough to beat. How do you make yourself shoot a 140" after you've shot a 180"?! I don't know but I sure would love to try!

Awesome deer.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rem as captain, Boone Busters as team.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds good to me fellas!
Old 08-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

Alright I think the vote is in, NCRemington is Captain!!!!!
And I think we are the Boone Busters!!!!!!
I will tell kydeerhunter and see if she can make us an avatar..
Millertime10, those are some nice deer..Congrats..
Old 08-29-2009, 12:25 AM
Host of Hosts

NC as Captain is fine with me. Booner Busters or Rut Interupters is cool. My first name is Doug....Anyone any good creating avatars?
Old 08-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

Went out to the farm yesterday and there is a lot of work to be done. We have had about 8-9 inches of rain this August, which is extremely high for us. The weeds have overtaken the plots and cattle found there way into the plots as well. We need to get out there and mow the weeds on the clover/alfalfa and till the land that we plant our fall mix and plant as soon as it dries up enough. The cattle kinda of messed up the fence, feeder, and knocked down my game cam, but it's nothing that can't be fixed. It just seems like there is a lot of work to be done in a short amount of time. Hopefully we can get it done. Between me having a new baby, my brother in the middle of fall baseball, and dad busy with work and chasing brother around at ball games, it's hard for us to find time. I am sure we will get things done, we usually do.

I did check the other cam that the cattle didn't knock over and all it had was does and fawns. Like I said before, I am not too worried about not seeing the bucks just yet. We still have about a month to month and a half before I start to worry any.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

I sent a PM to kydeerhunter to make us a avatar when she can get around to it..
Old 08-29-2009, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

Here is the avatar Jenna made us.. I think it is awesome!!!! You can just copy it off mine and paste into your avatar if you all want to. I cant figure out how to post it..
Old 08-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)-sfb9sw_th.jpg Here it is...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.