Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (13)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (13)

Old 10-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

One week and 5 days until my opener here in NY! Whoooo!!
Old 10-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whats up Quick? Have a good summer??? Just checking in from the long gone Team XX. Good luck this year.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guy's not doing as much hunting as I normally do but still getting out once in a while.This weekend it's my daughters first deer hunt. I don't know who's more excited. I'm going to let her shoot anything. First deer in bites it. Unles it is a spotted fawn then we might have a problem.

I'll be hunting with a guy I know in November that said he'll put me on a good deer. I also have a buck tag for around my house but that land is hard to hunt and it's getting pressure. I am going to back out of there until late Oct then try.

Good luck guy's have fun.

Mike thanks for a job well done.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Should get a chance to get in some good stand time this weekend... The weather has been really weird so I'm not sure what to expect... Could dip into the mid 20's in my neck of the woods this weekend - which is considerably colder than it normally is... Really need some dryer/warmer weather so the farmers can get going with the harvest....
Old 10-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default Really bad week

Bad news fellas. My daughter had to be rushed to Children's Hospital in Omaha last week after aspirating a pumpkin seed which ended up blocking 60% of the airway into her left lung. Everything worked out in the end and she is back to normal. The bad news is the bills are starting to come in and we are going to have to really cut back on the extras this year. With that being said, I will be sitting the hunting/trapping season out this year. As much as it is going to suck (and suck it will), my kids come before hunting and just about everything else.

Sorry if this screws you guys and if you are able to drop me and pick somebody else up I understand. Good luck with the season. I will be checking on you guys often.

Daniel
Old 10-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan sorry to hear about your daughter hope it all works out for you. My daughters 1st hunt was rough one it was windy,cold, and snowy. She was a trooper and stuck it out. We saw 3 bucks and she got a shot at the last one. It was close to dark aand I think she had a hard time finding it in the scope. After she shot she yelled I shot a deer and almost fell out of the ladder. Cool to say the least but I got the itch for me now.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that Dan, glad to hear that your daughter is doing well.

I made it out this last weekend a fair amount. Took the time to drive several hours and hunt some of my favorite early season spots. I had several opportunities at smaller bucks but nothing I really wanted to shoot while stand hunting. Did spot a little bit nicer (not huge) 4x4 whitetail bedded down in a pretty stalkable spot. I snuck to within about 25 yards but didn't have a shot. Wind swirled or he just sensed something and blew out. Looking back I should have just hunkered down at about 30-35 yards and just waited for him to stand...

Weather has been really wet and the crop harvest is falling WAY behind.... I'm sure glad I got my KS trip planned!
Old 10-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Saw my best buck of the year so far and also setup 2 of my trail cams that I hadn't had a chance to get out yet. He was a couple of hundreds yards away walking along the edge of a slew and still not a shooter in my book, but a good sign none the less...

Did see a couple of farmers that must have got tired of waiting for beans to dry out and started doing some corn - now if we could just get a bunch of others to think the same thing and get that darn corn out....

Keep at it everyone! Need more check ins from everyone
Old 10-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Whats up guys? Not much here i haven't been hunting too much yet.Waiting on my Kansas trip.We were going to hunt in unit 19 with my hunting partners family.But there place did not sound too promising.So we got leftover tags for unit 8. Were we are going
too hunt the Public WIHA. A contractor i work for goes there every year and is going to point us in the right direction.So maybe with a little LUCK every thing will work out.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted one of my favorite stands for the 1st time tonight and saw a monstrous track 15 yards from my stand.... Very very recent... I had my trail cams along and was planing on hanging them anyway, hopefully I'll get some decent pics. Wasn't able to get them placed exactly where I wanted them, but with any luck it will be good enough...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.