Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (13) >

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (13)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Dark Horses Thread (13)

Old 09-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard kevanddj sounds like you got a spot going on. Copy one of are avatars so your part of the team.

Al I hope it's not me I'm not really hunting until November. I say Mike or Fran.

Blue when are you heading out?
Old 09-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Spike

Great pics Dan...Looks like you had a good time even though you didn't get an elk.

Welcome kevanddj...make sure you keep us posted on how your season is going.

Blueranger1- What part of Kansas are you going to? That makes 3 of the Darkhorses heading to Kansas this year. Good luck...
Old 09-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys one of the guys on my lease arrowed this big 6 this morning.

I'll be going in tomorrow morning looking for the 9.

Kevanddj, Welcome! Glad to have you on Team DH!
Old 09-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

Im not sure what town i'll be hunting.But i do know its right outside of Kansas City unit19.I'll be hunting oct 31 to Nov 6 should be good from what i hear.If you guys have any tips on
them big kansas bucks let me know!

mcouey good luck on that 9 he looks like a nice one.

I think we need a pep talk from quiksilver to get this thing going?What do u guys think?
Old 09-28-2009, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome aboard kevanddj!

Hey guys, hope things are going well for everyone... Season just opened here, so my hunt starts now - I'll probably be pretty selective for a while though....

Hey David, I could be passing you on the highway on your last day of the KS hunt :-) I'm heading down to unit 14 Nov 6 - 15.... I wouldn't mind getting your digits so I can see how the rut is progressing down there...

Elk hunt was good, I'm just now starting to come out of my state of depression. I'll try and sum up - many stories, here are a few of them... Elk weren't very vocal until the last 3 days of the hunt - then I was in elk every day. Had a couple of good chances. Had a very nice bull (315ish) at 40 yards behind a cedar and needed him to take about 2 steps to clear. My dad (the virgin cow caller) just stopped calling and after 2 minutes of noice noise he freaked out and blasted out of there. Another close chance at a big herd bull, he was a beast. I dogged him probably 2 miles with a half dozen setups on him when I thought I was getting close... Problem is, some times you just don't know when they are going to turn. I had came to a small opening and was trying to figure out how close he was and all of a sudden he appears behind a cedar at 40-50 yards - just busted the he** out of me... He was an amazing bull - I'd guess 340+....

I did have a shot at a really nice raghorn on the second to last day 265ish, I had been holding for like 2 minutes and wasn't much light. I guessed him at 40 yards and he was at 30.... Hit him high in the shoulder. I looked and looked, couldn't find him. Minimum sign - was able to follow his tracks in the mud (it rained everyday) for a mile.... He'll be fine - but I'm not sure that I will ;-)

All in all, great hunt, just wish I could have closed the deal. It's just frustrating spending all that prep time for the hunt and it came down to one shot and I choked.... This one is going to sting for a while....

Time to shoot some deer I guess
Old 09-29-2009, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Anyone tell me how to get the Avatar on? Every time I try to add it, it tells me JPEG has incorrect file extension. Thanks
Old 09-29-2009, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gents.. what it be?

Thought I'd drop in for a little banter.. make sure you know I'm still alive.

Welcome to our newest dude.. Kevan.

Our seasons will be starting soon gents!

A dancing banana for ya....
Old 09-30-2009, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

try this 1 oops didn't work I'll try again

Originally Posted by kevanddj
Anyone tell me how to get the Avatar on? Every time I try to add it, it tells me JPEG has incorrect file extension. Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
untitled.bmp (8.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 09-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can try to right click one of our avatars and select "save image as". Save it to your system (should be a GIF file), then try and upload that one....
Old 10-03-2009, 12:18 AM
Fork Horn

Just checking in quick to let you know that I am still alive. The weather is cooling down now so it is about time to get things rolling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.