Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Glue Factory Thread (5) >

Official Team The Glue Factory Thread (5)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Glue Factory Thread (5)

Old 10-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Kinda dead up here the past 10 days for some reason. We did make it through the 4 day antlerless only hunt here in Wisconsin. Now its time to get to business here hopefully. Hopefully everyone else is enjoying there hunting time.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

Got a nice doe Sunday morning, now I looking for mister big. Hope everyone's getting to put in some quality stand time.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

made it out today, dead once again. I think it has to do with all the standing corn. I dont think they even have 10% harvested here in southern wi yet. I did get some pix of a decent buck finally! I am hitting it hard after wed, buring 2 vacation days. Havent see any pre-rut activity as of yet.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Heading out for a five day hunt in Kansas tomorrow. With a little luck, I'll have one for the team. Haven't had the opportunity to spend much time in the stand at home, so have to leave town to get on a deer. Anyhow, hope Nov brings you guys success. See you when I get back.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck in Kansas. I was out yesterday and just about got blown out of the tree....IfI wore a hair piece I'd be out a few hundred bucks!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just checking in guys. Been busy selling camo, hunting and stuff lol. Good luck fellas, its prime time right now. Hope you guys are having fun and get to sling a few arrows while doing so. Be safe
Old 11-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, how's everyone's season going so far? I've been pretty busy, so I haven't been on here in a while, but I wanted to check in.

Got a nice doe last week. Went back out that evening and had a fork horn walk out in front of my pop up, and just stand there looking into the brush for a couple minutes. I was wondering "what the heck is this deer looking at" when all of sudden I seen a huge rack rise up over the brush. Suddenly the fork horn did a 180 and was gone. I got a good look at the buck, and he was definitely a shooter, but unfortunately I had no ethical shot on him. Apparently he was in there tending a doe, because a few minutes later they came out together and ran back into the swamp.

I've been seeing a lot of rut activity with bucks chasing does, so things are definitely heating up!

Good luck to everyone.

Roy
Old 11-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunted 12hr sits on Sat. & Sun. only saw this little forky. Not much movement in my area yet!

Old 11-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back from Kansas with a buck in tow. 141 6/8ths. To be honest, he's a great deer but a bit young, 3.5. The hunt was Friday morning. It was 45 degrees and the bucks were running does pretty hard. I had a few small bucks come in and run does and at 7:10 this boy came in and showed his dominance. I judged him mature and approximately 150", so when the opportunity presented itself, I placed a perfect arrow quartering away through the heart. He ran 40 yards and expired. Once I got down, I felt a bit of remorse. He was younger than I made him from the stand and his beams were also on the short side. We taped him out and came up with the gross score. A great hunt no matter what. Weather and the full moon were a big factor in deer movement so I feel fortunate to harvest a great buck.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing to be ashamed of there Kelly.....great buck, congrats! I'm going to try and get something done in the next few days here in Illinois.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.