Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Glue Factory Thread (5) >

Official Team The Glue Factory Thread (5)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Glue Factory Thread (5)

Old 09-18-2009, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Jesse, welcome.

Well, 3 days and 4 hunts, no shooters yet. Saw 2 real nice bucks about 150 yards away in beans for about an hour before it got dark last night. Sometimes big properties are so darn hard to hunt!!! Set up one spot one night, and they are a few hundred years away the next night lol. Good fun trying to get lucky.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, at least your out there and seeing something. I can't get out until Oct 1st. Good luck!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a night. Had 13 bucks inside 30 yards, videoed the whole evening, was great fun. Plenty of 2.5 year olds, but still no big boys close. As a matter of fact I didnt see one shooter tonight for the first time this year but it was action packed before I was even settled in I had a buck feeding through the oak flat right by me.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome Jesse! Thanks for introducing so much about yourself. I'm Roy, 38 years old from Southeastern Michigan. Married with two daughters, 14 & 12. They both just passed hunters safety this past weekend, so I'm looking forward to taking them out for the early youth hunt, and then its the October 1 bow opener here.

On a side note, guys, I may have just secured a nice 100 acre farm for bow season. I talk to the owner last week and he said its full of does and young bucks, but he's also seen a few 8's and 10's that are well out past the ears. He wants me to take does and mature bucks only, so hopefully I can put some points on the board for team Glue Factory!

I lost my hunting spot, because the people moved, and this opportunity kind of fell into my lap, so I'm hoping everything works out.

Wish me luck!
Old 09-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like that'd be a great place to hunt Roy
Old 09-23-2009, 06:43 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck closing the deal on the new hunting spot. I hope it pans out good for ya!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

Good news! I met with the land owner, and he seemed to take a liken to me, so it looks like I'll be hunting there this year. The land is rolling hills, surrounded by thickets of white and red oaks, and walnut trees. Lots of thick brush and swamps that separate it from some neighboring corn fields. I was only out there for an hour, but there's clearly a lot of deer sign.

I need to spend some more time on the land and pattern the deer movement, but I'm excited--it's a lot better than public land where someone took a crap in my blind last year!

Go Team Glue Factory!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well we are on the board. Scored on this guy 2 nights ago. Not a monster but a good buck none the less. The Overkill guys were videoing and we had great footage of the hunt and good pre roll of him coming in and decided he was a good buck to take for my first tag. Scored 116 2/4. Shot him slightly quartering away almost straight down, complete pass through. Got a cool picture from the video footage right after the hit. Went 60 yards and crumbled.

Old 09-24-2009, 06:58 PM
Fork Horn

nice shooting and a great start to the season
Old 09-24-2009, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go Diesel! Can't wait for the season to open here.... just a few more days!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.