HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300923-official-team-broadhead-bandits-thread-22-a.html)

HOGGHEAD 08-18-2009 04:54 PM

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)

:sign0016:

Official Team 22

2 Pope 94/IA
29 Midsouth_hunter
87 Muliefever
24 camokenny
86 HOGGHEAD
302 PABowhntr
348 Chris.S
263 Arjuna
115 jim1966
alt Goose 11

HOGGHEAD 08-18-2009 04:58 PM

Welcome fellers to team 22
As you check in I will go in and change the color of your name
so every one can tell who has checked in and who has not !

HoggHead Checking in
Will be Hunting in KY & IND. this season

mudchicken1012 08-18-2009 05:15 PM

Hi all team #22 members ,mudchicken1012 checking in from
South Carolina

Pope94/IA 08-18-2009 06:35 PM

Pope94/IA from Iowa of course. Will be hunting in Iowa mostly and in Arkansas for a week.

Well sense we are all a team, I think we should all get to know eachother better. Tell us anything you would like.

Im Andrew, call me andrew or pope. Im only 14 years young (will be 15 in december). I may be young but I love the outdoors. I can only hunt the weekends because I have school. :( but when im hunting I am focused only on that. I have trailcameras out so I will be posting pics for you guys later.
I hunt mainly with bow but im also a gun hunter and I video tape my hunts so it will be a little challenge for me.

I can do artwork so I can make us a avatar for our team. But once we get everyone checked in we need to come up with a name, slogan (maybe), captain, and stuff like that.

Well, hope to get to know you guys better and hope to have a fun season on the forum with you guys.

camokenny 08-18-2009 06:35 PM

camokenny checkin in from Iowa.

Muliefever 08-19-2009 04:59 AM

Hey boys,
Muliefever is here to stay! I will be hunting North West Michigan as well as north Missouri this year.

Pope, good idea. My name is Jearred, I am 26, active duty Coast Guard, Married, Baby on the way( Due Feb 13th) if you know me, I am a bowhunting fool, love the outdoors. I am also a huge waterfowler! Glad to be here!

I think our team captain should be the senior most member whomever that may be.

Team names.. Let's see,
Ribcage Rampage
Thwack Master's
Bone Squad
Deer Thirty

HOGGHEAD 08-19-2009 09:14 AM

Wecome Fellers

I think our team captain should be the senior most member whomever that may be.

MF

I think you are 100% right
HoggHead

Pope94/IA 08-19-2009 06:13 PM

Im cool with that. Or do you guys think it should be the most active to the forum?

Muliefever, my little nephew was born on february 12th. He is 1 1/2 now. Cute little bugger.
Hope it goes well with you and your wife.

I like ribcage rampage

Arjuna 08-19-2009 07:57 PM

I just looked for our team thread and it didn't show up...?....hmm...

Well, here I am. I'm in and hunting in AL and Florida primarily. I will hunt GA and maybe Indiana.

jim1966 08-19-2009 09:35 PM

whats up guys. I checking in. I'm not going to be home for at least the next couple of weeks. Imade a 2 week trip to Ohio for work. Wish it was for deer hunting. I was going to get my trail camera back out of the woods but that got changed for now. I have had it out about amonth and ahalf. Hopefully its got some good bucks on it. I will still be able to look in though. I really dont need to scout my woods. I've been hunting it for 15 years so thats a good thing. I will be hunting in Indian. Our urban hunts start September 15th so thats when I'll start hunting deer.

Pope94/IA 08-20-2009 04:15 AM

Welcome to the team Jim and Arjuna.

Jim, I cant wait to see your trail camera pictures. We will be expecting you to post the big ones onto the team thread. :D Im hoping to get out this weekend to check mine.
Have fun at work ;)

Chris.S 08-20-2009 06:28 AM

Chris.S checking in, I'm from Southwest Ohio. 49 yrs old and started chasing whitetails exclusively over 25yrs ago. This year got lucky and drew another Iowa tag this year (2nd yr in a row). I'll be headed to Zone 2/Webster Cty Nov 12 for two weeks. Till then I'll be hunting in SW Ohio.

Team name = Ventilators

midsouth_hunter 08-20-2009 06:32 AM

Hello all, midsouth_hunter checking in from Florida. Looking forward to a great season. Have a hunt planned to Illinois this year and going to try and make it back to my birth state of Arkansas for a hunt.

Pope94/IA 08-20-2009 03:23 PM

Welcome to the team midsouth_hunter and Chris.

Wow, three people hunting in Iowa. Hopefully that comes around good.

jim1966 08-20-2009 11:14 PM

So is that everyone but PA? Wow.

Muliefever 08-21-2009 02:23 AM

Hopefully that Monster I get in Northern Missouri will be up to par with those Iowa deer!

camokenny 08-21-2009 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Muliefever (Post 3414921)
Hopefully that Monster I get in Northern Missouri will be up to par with those Iowa deer!

Mulie, what part of north Mo. will you be hunting in?
Hpefully you will be hunting before their rifle season.

Pope your right things do look good with 3 of us hunting Iowa and 1 each so far in Ill. , Mo. , and Oh. All big buck states.

I would like to see us pick a name that has a catchy phrase refering to dethroning the dark horses, but what ever we just need to come up with one.
Why dont we all throw some names out here and decide before the weekend is over.
I agee with the captian deal, lets get them picked so we have a leader.

Looks like jim1996 has the most post and he has been on since 04, mulifever has fewer post and also since 04.
Do either of you guys want to do this? If so lets vote.
I vote jim1996 as first choice.

Pope94/IA 08-21-2009 04:38 AM

Ill make a score chart... for captains. Just post who you want and ill put a tally next to the name.

2 Pope 94/IA -
29 Midsouth_hunter -
87 Muliefever -
24 camokenny -
86 HOGGHEAD -
302 PABowhntr -
348 Chris.S -
263 Arjuna -
115 jim1966 - | | |
80 mudchicken1012 -

I vote jim also.

jim1966 08-21-2009 05:51 AM

it doesnt matter to me. Whatever you all want is fine by me.

Muliefever 08-21-2009 09:55 AM

It's all you Jim. I respect my elder's ;)

Kenny, I will be hunting Carroll County. I will be hunting Oct. 28th through Nov. 3rd. which is the First Bowseason allowed on the property I am hunting on.. I can't wait!
Team names for the horses..... mmm..
What Horses
Dark Horses. Part Duece

mudchicken1012 08-21-2009 06:28 PM

Hi all my name is brian im 33 yrs old. I hunted as a kid 12-16 then took a bunch of years off.I just started hunting last year again.
My Family just moved to the mountains of South Carolina.I've acquired permission to hunt 125 acres of private land with no other hunters on it!!!! Lots of deer sign on it and saw a few also only seen 2 bucks . They were mid sized 6's..My ocupation is a roofer. can't wait for Oct. 1st to get here. Looking forward to sharing my season with u all....... be safe and gl

midsouth_hunter 08-22-2009 05:05 AM

It is good to see this contest finally start. That just means that hunting season is right around the corner. Let's brain storm and come up with some names.

Pope94/IA 08-22-2009 12:19 PM

Welcome to the team Brian. Good luck this season.

Muliefever 08-22-2009 01:33 PM

Super glad to have everyone here! I really want to knock off the Dark Horses!!! I am just about tapped out for names fellas! What do you guys have? Are we all deciding to appoint Jim as team Captain? Works for me!
I also like:
Team Ethical Dilemma (sorry if I spelled that wrong)
Broadhead Bandits
KE Killers (Kenetic Energy)
Blazers of Glory (Blazer vanes)

camokenny 08-22-2009 04:56 PM

I kinda like broadhead bandits. It does not make reference to nocking off the dark horses but it is catchy.

Someone needs to get ahold of PA and tell him he is on our team and to check in.

I have been bow hunting for 29 years. I live in and hunt the great buck state of Iowa. Last season I shot a 182" gross typical 12pt. off of public land, (see avitar picture). I have not shot less than a 140" buck in the last 8 yrs. I am here to put points on the board. I'm pumped are you? Is it Oct. 1 yet?

mudchicken1012 08-22-2009 08:51 PM

I love the name Broadhead Bandets cause were gona come in and steal their title it suites me just fine.And as for team captain I'm fine with who ever wants it .

jim1966 08-22-2009 10:56 PM

I'll shoot PA a pm andlet him know.Glad to meet you all. looks like agood active team we have here.

jim1966 08-22-2009 10:58 PM

Howmany years have you been in theebow contest on here? Any of you in the gun contest to?
This will be my third year in both bow and gun.

camokenny 08-23-2009 05:04 AM

This is my first year in the bow contest. Yes I did sign -up in the gun contest, first time also. I was in the gun turkey contest this spring and had the biggest typical turkey out of everyone, we do growem big here in Iowa. I had 5 birds that I scored for the team, we only had 9 total for the team.

I will have to go back and look but do we get to count does in this contest?

Pope94/IA 08-23-2009 05:57 AM

No. Does do not count in this contest. It would be nice if they were like an extra 20 points or something.

This is my 2nd year in both the bow and gun contest. Last year I was on the team called "Big Bucks Gone Wild" and the avatar was a big buck that had his "rack" blurred out.

I like the idea of broadhead bandits. I think most of us agree on having jim as our captain so what do you say jim?

Camokenny, that is a big buck you have in your avatar. My grandpa shot a 174" about 7 or 8 years ago in iowa on public land. Iowa has some big deer. Lets hope we can get one this year.

midsouth_hunter 08-23-2009 06:18 AM

Jim sounds good to me as captain and Broadhead Bandits sounds like a winner. I have learned over the last couple of contests that a team had better lock a name in quick after posting ideas on the forum because other teams patrol through other teams posts to get ideas for Team Names.

PABowhntr 08-23-2009 01:14 PM

Guys,

Sorry for taking so long to check in. My apologies. We were out of town until a day or so ago and I did not realize we picked teams already.

Glad to be part of this one.

Almost all of your names are new to me but I look forward to getting to know all of you over the coming months.

A little introduction on my end...my name is Frank and I bowhunt pretty much exclusively now in southeastern Pennsyvlania. Our "doe only" archery season starts the 19th of September and then our regular archery season starts October 3rd. It runs for six weeks and then we have a two week rifle season and an "after Christmas" archery and muzzleloader season. I get out as much as I can for each of them. Early on, before daylight savings, I do hunt evenings but after that it is strictly weekends.

As for the team name "Broadhead Bandits" sounds fine with me. It sounds catchy enough.

;)

HOGGHEAD 08-23-2009 03:22 PM

OK Team 22 is complete :happy0001:
Welcome every one glad to have you all here and I am glad to be apart of this team as well !

Jim as captin & the team name sounds good to me as well

:wave: Ok a little about me I guess :wave:

My name is Ron I live in So. Indiana , Been Bowhunting for many yrs. Started when I was 13 with a Ben Pearson 45# Recurve . I am now 48 and a Single father of 4 Awesome kids 2 Girls & 2 Boys ages 23 to 4 Will be starting my season in Kentucky Sept. 5th :barmy: Indianas starts Oct. 1 st :barmy:

I hope every one has a great & safe Season this year, and hope I can contribute some bone for the team ! :confused0024:

camokenny 08-23-2009 04:35 PM

OK jim, Get our name posted and lets get this ass kicking that we are going to dish-out started.
Its going to be fun posting with you guys and swapping info on hunts as we go, LETS JUST STAY ACTIVE ON HERE, and go out and bust some ribcages this fall.
Most important thing is to stay safe and have fun.
Looking forward to hunting with you 9 gentlemen.
Kenny

camokenny 08-23-2009 04:46 PM

avitar

We also need to get a avitar for our group, any Ideas?

mudchicken1012 08-23-2009 08:18 PM

Hi team, I had some time tonight and decided to play with my camera and comp. I made this as a sample please let me know what u think. i can do more after work tommarow, I have lots more broadheads I can put in the picture. We could make a bunch of broadheads like we are collecting them lol ...just an idea. Any ideas welcome .tc for now

Arjuna 08-23-2009 08:34 PM

I like the name Broadhead Bandits as well.

jim1966 08-23-2009 10:38 PM

Sure I can be the Captain. I was for the gun contest last year so I know what is expected. I am working 16 hour days out of town until Next weekend though. I will check in but probably wont get much done until I get back home. Then I hope to get the trail camerapics out of the woods to post on here.

jim1966 08-23-2009 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by HOGGHEAD (Post 3417137)
OK Team 22 is complete :happy0001:
Welcome every one glad to have you all here and I am glad to be apart of this team as well !

Jim as captin & the team name sounds good to me as well

:wave: Ok a little about me I guess :wave:

My name is Ron I live in So. Indiana , Been Bowhunting for many yrs. Started when I was 13 with a Ben Pearson 45# Recurve . I am now 48 and a Single father of 4 Awesome kids 2 Girls & 2 Boys ages 23 to 4 Will be starting my season in Kentucky Sept. 5th :barmy: Indianas starts Oct. 1 st :barmy:

I hope every one has a great & safe Season this year, and hope I can contribute some bone for the team ! :confused0024:

Southern Indiana huh. Where at I live in Souther Indiana to. Do you hunt in South part of Indiana to?

jim1966 08-23-2009 10:58 PM

Don't forget this rule guys. I have seen many deer not couted because something was missin from the pic.

7. You must have a pictured posted on the contest page within the Official Score Card thread to enter a deer. The bow must be in the picture and the entire deer must be in the picture, no skull pictures, no rack pictures...the buck, the bow, and yourself must be in the picture.....call me skeptical. This rule will be enforced this year, no exceptions with no apologies.

I will remind everyone again in the future. Its an easy thing to forget.