Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22) >

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)

Old 10-14-2009, 05:17 AM
Fork Horn

I will have a chance at a good hunt this weekend. Going to Arkansas to do some hunting on the family farm. With the cool weather the deer should be moving pretty good. They have had a lot of rain and cooler than normal temperatures. This same farm I was lucky enough to harvest a nice 142" two years ago. Here is a picture of him

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)-img_4075-1.jpg

Last edited by midsouth_hunter; 10-14-2009 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I had a good sit last night, Saw nothing until 7:25 pm. Nearly dark, and then a heard came out! I do not know how many deer there actually were, but I know there was a bunch. I could see them movin around, hear them eating acorns, and then I heard a grunt. Then I heard a buck racking his antlers on a tree. So I grunted to him, he grunted back, I thought for sure he would come in, but didn't.. I had to wait until almost 8:00 pm for them to move out so I didn't spook them. All in all a cool experience. 12 days and I head down to MO!
Old 10-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I went out this morning. Wet and cold sit. All I saw was 6 turkeys about 80 yards away running away from me. Didn't see a single deer. I did see that the farmer finally got the corn harvested by my favorite deer stand. I will be in that stand this weekend.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

Hi Team ,
Just stoping in to say hi to you all and wishing yall good luck.
mudchicken1012
Old 10-15-2009, 09:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks...same to you.

Nothing new to report on my end. This Nor-Easter should prove interesting to hunt in this weekend. They are calling for 2-6 inches of snow y Saturday morning. I have never bowhunted this early in snow before.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow the weather lately has been messed up. We aren't suppose to get snow in octobor. Whats up with that? Im hoping the cold weather keeps the deer moving. I should have a good sit in my blind come this weekend.

Tomorrow I have another football game at home. Against keokuk. For you Iowa guys, you might know where thats at. The varsity game should be a blow out. I dont know about the freshman game. They supposively have a decent freshman team. Hopefully we can make our 6-0 record to 7-0.
Ill be going out to the cabin friday night after the game then ill hunt saturday morning. Should be good. Hopefully I can put some points on the board.

Good luck to you all.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been trying for years to get the Coast Guard boat out of Keokuk! Snow should be flyin come Sat. morning here in MI.. I will be out!
Old 10-15-2009, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

Got the eye worked on today but I will be in a tree this weekend. Looks like the wife punched me,hurts like heck but I can see out of it and i'm ready to get one on the ground.
Good luck to everyone this weekend while hunting or football.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

hope you get better soon kenny. I am eating a bowl of cereal right now and then headed to the woods! Good luck!
Old 10-18-2009, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our game friday was funny. The coaches said that that was going to be the hardest and best freshman game in their past three years. Both us and keokuk were undefeated for freshman. They were in the locker rooms and they were saying they were gonna kick our @$S and kill us and stuff and it turned out we killed them 41-0.
Im not even sure what the varsity game was, I got bored because we were winning by so much so I left and went to the cabin. It was like 57-6 when I left the game.

I woke up saturday morning and saw some does and a decent buck that I didn't get that good of a luck at and then a smaller buck. Saturday evening I heard a set of antlers rattling so I just looked around (it sounded realistic) and I saw a buck standing on top of the hill about 300 yards away and I focused on it and focused on it and it turned out it was a decoy... There was a guy and a kid early muzzleloader hunting. I got out of my blind and went to a tree stand that was farther away from them. I heard them shoot and then I saw them walking around in the field looking for blood but I think they lost it because they stopped half way in the field and went back to their decoy. I got out of my stand and was gonna go talk to them and see if they needed any help finding it but they didn't seem like they wanted to talk because they saw me then turned and walked away. Oh well.

Then this morning it was about 6:30 and still dark I heard a coyote to the west of me howling then about 200 yard away south of me was 2 or 3 other coyotes howling together. Once they got done howling a doe comes running up to my blind and was about 15 yards away but it was too dark still to shoot. Later a small buck came out and walked about 6-7 yards from my blind. I have to go to school today to work on my woodworking project from 1-3 then im going back out hunting for tonight.

I got pictures and videos and stuff from this weekend that you guys might like to see. Ill post them later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.