Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22) >

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)

Old 09-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Dang, time is dragging by until my trip to Illinois. I am heading out this weekend for a hunt on Sat evening and Sunday morning. Not looking forward to the heat and bugs but at least I will be in the woods in a treestand with my bow again. You guys in the north, throw a little cool weather down here.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love being a youth. This weekend will be my second week out already for Iowa's youth season. I was out last weekend and saw plenty or does and fawns but also saw a couple bucks. One was a small three pointer that I got some videos of then one of a nice 8 point that I tried stalking down with my dad but we lost him. All apart of hunting I guess. The bigger buck was already chasing does. He was right behind those two does. I also saw plenty of turkeys. I am so happy! Our turkey population around my area has been so dang crappy but this past summer I have seen and heard so many more turkeys. Im getting more and more turkeys on my trail camera too. I have a gobbler on there now with about a 6-7 inch beard. Saturday we saw 3 bearded turkeys on the sidehill in front of our cabin. It was about 500 yards away but with my new camera I was able to use the digital zoom and get pretty close on the turkeys. I also saw a skunk which wasn't good. The coyotes were howling off and on during the night and mornings. I woke up saturday morning and their was 3 coyotes howling up the hill from our cabin. It got my excited but also a little nervous because we had to walk that way to get to the stands. lol.

Sorry for not talking much on the thread. I've been a little busy with school and sports.
My football season has been going great. Our freshman are 3-0 now and every game we have won by alot. Last friday the varsity won their game 63-0. It was pretty funny because the team we played had their coach write an article in their towns paper and they said they were gonna come down to our town and kick are butts. He said they were gonna get a couple touchdowns a head within the first quarter and we had 40-some points on them in the first quarter. It was 63-0 at half time and our coaches decided to put the JV guys in because we were ahead so much and the game continued at 63-0 the rest of the game.

Well im gonna try and chat more in our teams thread if I can find time.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Pope, congrats on the football.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

21 days....

We were about to be on the second page...
Old 09-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

8 days till the opener in Iowa.

We almost went to the 2nd page and we can't have anything to do with being 2nd.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

Kenny, we expect pictures and stories next week...ok?
Old 09-24-2009, 06:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Andrew,

Glad to hear that both hunting and football are going well for you. I remember those days. It was always so hard to balance practice after school and getting out in time to bowhunt. Some of my fondest memories of my dad and hunting are from those days.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Boy have I been bust lately! Getting ready for the opener, last minute yard work, getting the babies toom ready! Man the list goes on!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

20 days and counting...
Old 09-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Six days till the opener, but probably won't be able to get out until the weekend, Sat. evening at the soonest. I will be helping out the Iowa DNR with a youth duckhunt on Sat. morning.
I won't turn down a chance to help with youth hunts, they are our future in our sport of hunting.

I was so sad when I logged on a seen that we were almost at the bottom of page two, none of that for the winning team!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.