Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22) >

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)

Old 10-29-2009, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

Pope...it happens....remember it happend to me on opening day in AL....

I do think that i missed mine going back over the evidence and seeing that the buzzards never showed up.

I did pass on a spike and a 4 this past Tuesday.

My dad's cancer is inoperable...The one on his spine is wrapped around his cyatic (sp?) nerve. He started a new chemo regimine. We'll see how he does.

Good luck everybody else. Thanks for the prayers
Old 10-31-2009, 06:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Trick or Treat, we'll find out in the morning.

Well guys lets hope that it was a great trick or treat. I stuck a big 8pt tonite. Good blood but he was quartering away at about 30 yards and no pass thru. I trailed him for about 100 yards and backed out until morning. He came to the horns and grunts so it is starting to happen around here.
I think he will go close to 150" but I have to find him first.
Wish me luck, I might not get any sleep tonite.

Arjuna, sorry to hear that about your dad, I will keep him and you in our prayers.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Prayers with you! Hope you find him!
Old 11-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

Hope you are able to get him Camo.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man all this standing corn is making it hard to hunt the deer. I hope they get it out soon. Rain is hurting my season. Not seeing the number of deer I usually see every year.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:23 AM
Fork Horn

Well guys sorry but I did not find him. I trailed him about 400 yards and finally lost the blood. The first 200 yards was good blood then it started slowing down, I then lost it. It really did not help that he went across a dike and went out in a 400 acre swamp with ankle to knee deep water. There are some small pockets of dry land out there but it is so thick and all my so called freinds were all to busy to help me look for him. I trailed and looked for him for 8hrs yesterday. I know that he is dead somewhere out in the swamp with the blood that i was finding and with the arrow still in him plugging the hole he has to be dead. I will keep a watch out for the crows and maybe I will find him before someone else does. I do have a buddy that hunts in the same area and if he finds it he will get him to me.
I was so dang tired last night that all I wanted to do was get a shower and go to bed.
I absolutely hates when this happens but it is one of those things that will happen from time to time. It just sucks that it has happened to 3 of us on this team already this fall.
It was not the wide 8pt that i saw a week ago so there are still some big ones in that area. I have a couple other great spots that I have not been in yet this fall so I still have lots of options left.
Sorry guys. And good luck to everyone.
Old 11-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

Camo, Sorry to hear that you could not find the deer. Unfortunately it happens to all of us eventually, I can definitely attest to that.

I head ot Illinois Friday and people that I have been talking to say that the still standing corn has really hampered their hunts so far. I am keeping an optimistic view and believe there is always a way, just have to modify my game plan. Wish me luck, I have been waiting on this trip since last January.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:23 AM
Fork Horn

Good luck midsouth, kill a big one.
No rain this week, the farmers are out in force getting the crops out. I cant wait until this weekend.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn guys, you are all gonna be disappointed in me...

I missed a 155-160" buck this evening. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowh...k-my-life.html

Right over his back...

I scared away about 20-25 does walking out to my stand But that didn't seem to matter because I saw the big boy and then about 15 other deer.

But I got some good news though. I bought a new bow yesterday and I got it set up today. You may be thinking why would I get a bow in the middle of bow season? Well I dont know why. But im glad that I did. I shot it today and I feel so so so so so soooo much more comfortable shooting my new PSE bowmadness over my diamond rapture. I can shoot one pin from 10 yards-25 yards and be dead on. With my diamond I didn't feel comfortable shooting even 25 because my muzzys would be all over the place. But its so much better with the PSE. It shoots so much faster and its extremely quiet. I got it set at 60# and 29" draw. It said the IBO rating should be between 318-328. I dont even wanna guess how fast my diamond went...
Ill be using my diamond the rest of the week until I get arrows for my PSE then im gonna shoot some saturday morning after I get done hunting then ill be using the PSE for now on and let my mom take over my diamond. She wants to shoot it and go to the 3D shoots with me.

Oh wait some other good news. Crops are coming out and the rut is ON!!! Full moon, good, calm, cold weather, rut. Can't get any better than that.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

well....we are 0 for 3. At least we are having some action! Don't worry Pope...Welcome to the club.

Keep at it guys. Our luck will turn around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.