Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22) >

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)

Old 10-19-2009, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

It sounds like you guys are at least seeing some action. For the last four weekends it has rained her in Eastern PA. My hunting excursions have been extremely limited. Hopefully that will change but they are again calling for rain on Friday night and Saturday.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

It has rained here in Indiana a lot to. But I still make it out some. Don't seem like it's worth it though.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

At least we are hunting guys. The great thing is everything can turn around on a dime and be perfect conditions and the deer start doing their thing. When I was in Arkansas, the bucks were making scrapes and beginning to go on the prowl. My buddy saw a buck and doe running together so the full blown rut is right around the corner. Wish I had more time and money to do more this season but am fortunate to do what I can.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

Very true. I am really looking forward to the time that I step out into the woods and see all type of rutting sign in my area. I have not been out for about a week and a half but can mentally picture the big rubs and scrapes right around my stand.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, that would be nice. I hope the pre-rut and rut are active the time I am on my trip to Illinois. I love being in a tree in Illinois in early November because the rut can hit all of a sudden and you see deer all day long. It makes stand time much more exciting and enjoyable
Old 10-22-2009, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

The deer we've shot are full of White Oak acorns. We've found some scrapes also. That's where my brother stuck that buck, right in a scrape on the side of a hill 30 yds.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Typical Buck

going out tomorrow.
Old 10-23-2009, 03:31 AM
Fork Horn

The reports from buddy's around my neck of the woods are that the bucks are starting to prowl around and some bigger bucks are starting to get out and about before dark. Things are starting to look better all the time. If this damn rain would stop so the crops could get harvested it would be even better. Its been raining for the last 2 days but it is suppose to quit today, lets hope.
Sounds like alot of others are fighting the rain in other areas of the country as well.
Hopefully this weekend I can atleast have a better report on what is happening in SW Iowa.
Old 10-24-2009, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last night was our last football game of the season. Freshman won like 67-6. I got a touchdown. And a 36 yard run being a fullback. I got a couple other good 6-7 yard runs. On defense I got alot of tackles. I think on every kickoff I was in/or had the tackle. The first kick off I nailed the guy with the ball head on and he got knocked on his ass. Pretty funny. So our freshman have been undefeated this season.
For varsity this game was suppose to be the toughest game of the season. Both teams were 7-1 and the people we played hate us and we hate them. Simple as that. They only scored 6 points on our 48.
Our varsity are our district champs. I didn't see the stats on any of the other games but if Pella won their game then I think we will be playing Pella in the first round of play offs.

Well their was the update on the football games. Now to the hunting.

This whole weekend ill be down in southern Iowa. Ill be south of Ottamwa somewhere. Im not exactly sure where at because we're never been there. Some friends of ours own a cabin there and they are having a big trap shoot. They told me to bring my bow down and do something hunting so hopefully I can put a buck down there.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:39 AM
Fork Horn

Started seeing bucks up and moving during daylight hours. Saw 3 on sat but nothing yesterday. One of the bucks that i saw sat. evening was a really wide 8pt, he is 22" - 24" wide and will go around 150 from what i seen of him. My buddy missed him at 22 yards on sat. morning and I seen him about 500 yards from there that evening. I thought I was going to get a shot at him at 30 yards but he turned and went to the unpicked corn about 50 yards out. kinda windy and he must not of heard me grunting at him, he didn't even stop and look. It is really picking up around here so its just a matter of time.

Way to play ball pope, sounds like you have a heck of a team.

Anybody else seeing some a improvement in activity?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.