Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22) >

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)

Old 10-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I missed! A huge doe! 25 yds! I hit the pole on my ground blind! I bet I won't do that again!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck guys.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default Left bow at home.

Well I managed to get out on 3 sets this weekend. Saw 6 bucks and 9 does and fawns on sat evening. Sunday morning was a bust and sunday evening saw 2 bucks and 3 does. Did not even take my bow, as a buddy of mine wanted me to take his 10 year old daughter out for the last weekend of the youth season while he took his oldest daughter out with her bow.
We had 7 deer at less then 20 yards on sat but she missed a small buck at 13 yards with her muzzleloader. Sunday evening the deer stayed out to far for her ability, dad said 50 yards max for her and they were around 75 -80. The good thing is that in Iowa the youth can use that tag in other gun seasons for the year.
It was well worth not having my bow in hand on opening weekend to be able to take a kid hunting. The hunting only gets better the later it gets anyway.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I made it out briefly on Saturday morning. Conditions were horrible...low-70's, humid, fog..and with the full moon...forget it. Family committments kept me away from the woods Saturday night but I hope to get out one or two eveings this week and definitely Saturday again.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:56 PM
Typical Buck

going to hang a camera tomorrow on my way to Catalyst 2009.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sat last night with my wife. We had 16 deer on the food plot through out the night. She had a shot at a huge doe at 12.5 yds. She drew, and was shaking so bad she couldn't take the shot. She said she didn't feel comfortable with the shot. What a good night. This is her first year of hunting.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a good weekend even though I didn't get a deer. We won our game friday 42-8. We are still undefeated. It was a two hour ride to Fort Madison and I didn't get back home till midnight so I chose not to go hunting saturday morning. I went out the evening and saw several deer. A couple bucks, one was a decent 6 and the other was a tiny messed up spike. One side was about 4 inches and the other was about an inch. We had the 6 pt and about 6 does in the field when a coyote comes running accross the field. To far to get a shot with a bow. About 30 minutes after the coyote went by I heard it howl so of course I had to howl back. It was almost pitch black and it was fun talking with the coyote.
Sunday morning I went out and sat in a stand over looking a bean field. I looked to the east and saw a doe standing in the sunrise. It was very cool sight. It got a little lighter and I noticed there was 6 does coming to me. Three of them turned the other way and then a set of twins and their mom kept coming to me. The twins walked about 5 yards from me and the mom was behind them about 20 yards. The mom hoped the fence behind me and once she landed on the other side she just looked up at me and stiffened up. I was ready to pull back if she turned away but she ended up spooking. I got out of my stand and walked down this big draw right behind me and I did some buck grunts and in front of me was like 4 foot weeds that blocked any shot possible. After I grunted I looked in front of me and the weeds started moving and a small 6 point got up from his bed and walked straight to me. He stopped about 10 yards away and tried figuring me out. He turned and off he went.
Sunday evening I was walking to my spot when I heard two deer take off in the timber. I kept walking to the fenceline over looking the bean field and there was a set of twins munching on the beans. I got to my spot and was getting everything ready when I saw two hens starting to walk into the hayfield. They spotted me and took off. I continued setting my tripod up for the camera and I saw 8 does run accross the field with two nice sized bucks right behind them. They took off over the hill and I never saw them again. I had the set of twins and mother from sunday morning come into the field and about 20 minutes later a 150 class buck walked into the field with 5 does with him. Of course they were on the other side of the field so no shot was possible.

I never did get a shot off anything but I did get out squirrel hunting during the afternoon. I got 4 of them.
Ill post pictures up later.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

Pope, stick with it bud. We live in Iowa and it will happen.

The weather is looking more like nov. then oct. We are down to 32 this morning and they are talking snow showers this weekend.
Whoa who- it is starting to get good, now if we could get rid of some crops it would be perfect.
Old 10-07-2009, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Farmers around my area have been getting some beans out and very few have started with corn.

I think this weekend im gonna take my ground blind out and try an all day sit. Pack some lunch and some snacks and get my comfy lawn chair and I should be good to go.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

Got the cameras hung yesterday over two mock scrapes. We'll see what we learn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.