Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31) >

Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)

Old 10-24-2009, 12:48 AM
Fork Horn

A whole lot of NO action here, hutned a decent amount on my days off and seen a few does and zero bucks. Hopefully, it is the lull before the storm(rut). I will be taking a week of in the early part of November to hopefully get in on some rut action.

Has anyone had any encounters with a buck they would have liked to have shot yet?

Good luck,
Chris
Old 10-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went yesterday evening-slight North wind. Set out my Big Boss Buck Decoy 25 yds from my stand in standing beans & a bedded Doe 20 yds away. 6pm & I look to my left & instantly "I KNOW" I will shoot this Buck 70 yds away. He is walking the edge of the Beans just taking his time coming from my Daughters stand right to me for about a 15 yd shot. He gets 35 yds away , stops, looks at my Decoy for about a Min., SNORTS, turns around & hops about 40 yds., looks back & walks into the woods right next to my Daughters stand (shes not with today).
I have no idea "for sure" how many points he has but he is HUGE. He must be over 300#s live & his rack STILL LOOKs Big. Anyway, no more Decoys for me. I've never had much luck with them but after 3 years thought I would try again. Not again.
He is bigger than the pic of the Buck I posted. 1st Buck I've seen in 7 trips. Also saw 9 Does driving out of the field-all in the standing Beans & no Bucks around. I can only hope he comes back-this is a DIFFERENT Buck than a couple other Biggies I saw last year & no big Bucks were killed on this property when they gun hunted it last year. Good Luck all-season is just going to get better.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

Dang John, when I first started to read your post i thought "sweet were on the board". Oh well, atleast your on them.

Did you break the news to your daughter yet about the deer and how it would have been a chip shot for her?

Hopefully one of you gets a crack at that buck!

Got a "nice for the area" ten pt on the game cam, probably scores about 110 (John wouldn't even lift the bow for it), I on the other hand would love to zip an arrow through him.

Chris
Old 10-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yes, I did tell her about the Buck. No, I woudn't raise my bow AT HOME for a 110 BUT since I've Bowhunted Michigan several years ago & a many other states I would be taking aim for sure.
I am very fortunate & blessed with my 53 years of Bowhunting BUT, not everyone can be so fortunate. To ME any deer a person decides to draw on is a trophy. I'd be tickled to death for my daughter to take ANY BUCk OR DOE.
Anyway-I sholud get out a couple times again this week (letting it rest tonight).
This Buck REALLY got my heart pumpin-I was talkin to myself all the time saying to pick a spot ect. ect.. You would think after over 100 Deer with a Bow you wouldn't get so rattled just cause he's got head gear (haha).
If the man upstairs wants it to happen, it will.
Good Luck Team-remember-it ONLY takes ONE to make it a successful season.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Spike

Wooooohoooooo for me!! I'm off at 3p tomorrow and headed for the farm to hunt until Sunday Night!! Week before last when I was there, I had a small frisky little guy snorting and chasing the ladies.....should be a fun 5 days!! The guys that farm for me say they probably won't have the corn out until mid November and the beans are waaaay too wet. So the deer should be hanging around.... now if I can just stick one.
Post when I get back....no internet service at the farm. If I should get lucky, I'll have Hardcore post for me.
Good luck guys and hunt safe.
Diann
Old 10-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I sat with daughter tonight in her Double Ladder & nothing until about 6pm. I kept hearing some noise in the thick brush to our right & can see nothing. After awhile she says, how much time we got left. I said about 10 min.. Then she says, I see a Deer & out he walks about 30 yds from us & comes straight toward the stand. When he's 15 yds away he tops & listens & then cuts across toward the Beans-he walks broadside at about 15 yds & she gets about half drawn & he spins around-goes about 30 yds & stops-looking toward the woods about 70 yds from us. He then walks into the beans around 40 yds. from us & stops. (I think I could have SMOKED him). Her & I have agreed she won't shoot over 30. Anyway-he keeps looking toward the woods so we figure another deer is over there but we see nothing. He meanders around & we watch him walk over the hill in the beans. He is a main frame 8 around 18" wide. Guessing would score 110 or maybe a little more & over 200#s for sure.
Anyway-it was exciting for both of us (thats the best part-we got to share the moment) could get nothing on film as there was not enough light. We saw 2 other lone Bucks driving out of the field. Another week & they will be cruising earlier for sure. She's going tomorrow but I can't & I'm going Thursday & she can't. Good Luck everyone.
Oh, I told her I figure the reason we kept hearing him for 1/2 hour b/4 seeing is that he may have been rubbing &/or making a scrape. We'll see. The pic is a 8 I took about 25 years ago & he was bigger than this one.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)-scan0001.jpg  
Old 10-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bet y'all thought I got a Deer when you saw that pic...
Old 10-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ahunter55
I bet y'all thought I got a Deer when you saw that pic...
Yeah I did....haha!!

I tell ya guys I havent been on here much. I have been staying busy with some stuff. I have only been in the woods a few times, seen a few small bucks, but nothing worth shooting?!?

I am heading to Ohio next week for 6days, so hopefully I have a nice update for ya's when I get back??

Gd Luck all!!!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

yeah ahunter, thought you had one down for us. It will come though. Going back this weekend myself after I shuffle the kids thru the neighborhood to get there sugar fix then its off to the farm for a few days. Someone is bound to get the team on the board within the next week or so. Good luck everyone.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Daughter went this evening & saw nothing. We have seen 4 Bucks & one I would shoot for sure (others were nice too).
They have ALL been alone & usually last 30 min of light when we've seen them. I'm guessing 7-10 days in our area (N.E.Iowa)& we'll be seeing a lot more-Bucks & does. ALL the crops around us are still in-just so much rain.
Anyway-unless it's pouring rain tomorrow & Friday i'll be out alone in the afternoons.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.