Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31) >

Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)

Old 09-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Typical Buck

good luck going after him, hope you get him. Our season opens tomorrow as well and I will be in the woods come 7 am Saturday morning.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ahunter55
Our regular season opens tomorrow & this is what was on my trail cam when I checked today. I passed on an 8 similar to this one at 20 feet, IF this one is a 10, I may take a shot. I saw two much bigger last year. I've set a pretty high goal for myself & have eaten my Buck tag for 6 years now. My Daughters stand is 100 yds from where this pic was taken & where I passed on the big 8 similar to this one & 4 other decent Bucks-I would be thrilled if she would get a shot at this one. She's in her 2nd year & never gotten to draw on a Deer yet...
Good Luck to everyone.
That deer's a brute. Besides the rack, he must push 200 pounds. Good luck bringing him in this weekend.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

Did anyone get anything yet?
Old 10-02-2009, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck with that big boy ahunter55....

Opening day doe down, shot her at about 16 yards broadside during the evening sit. She went 50 yards and crashed. Good luck to you all this weekend.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gd Job congrats Bowmanaj!! i havent really been out hunting so much as of lately myself but will be trying to get back into it within the next week or so!!!

Gd Luck to the rest of ya!!
Old 10-05-2009, 02:02 PM
Fork Horn

Just got back from what I thought was going to be a 3 day hunt. It rained all three days (3 inches total) so I spent the time catching up on projects at the hunting area. Finally went out last night for the last two hours of daylight as it had slowed to a mist and ended up shooting a large doe. She was a dry doe so was pretty good size.

Sorry no pictures as I shot this deer last evening and I had a 5 hour drive back to home. Ended up skinning the deer out after midnight to get it on ice.

On Saturday, since it was too wet to hunt, I spent the last hour of the day glassing the fields around our hunting house. Counted 27 deer in two 20 acre alfalfa fields. Watched a nice 6 making a scrap line in the pines along the field. Saw two spikes and near dark saw a nice "chocolate 8" sneaking in the grass of a creek. What a beauty of a deer.

Last night as I was giving my doe a ride out of the woods in my truck, saw the same Chocolate 8 pointer leading 6 does/fawns down that same creek to the alfalfa field. I've got to get a stand set up to intercept this travel route. I had no idea the deer used this depressed creek to cross between the fields. The only cover is 4 feet of grass.

Good luck to all. Now back to butchering and dreaming about my next hunt in two weeks.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:53 AM
Typical Buck

No luck for me this past weekend. Saw one doe, called in a coyote, found a dead coyote and that was about it. Slow for everyone in the camp. My cousin saw a couple small bucks but other than that, just does. I have to take this coming up weekend off but I will be back at it come the 17th.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:50 AM
Spike

Hi guys
Had a great weekend at the farm. The weather was beautiful, 36 degrees in the am, and the deer were moving around. The wind was out of the west, north west, which is perfect for most of my stands.

Lots of does and young ones. 4 or 5 small bucks and a couple of button bucks. NO big boys yet. I'm a patient girl though. I will probably shoot a couple of mature does the next weekend I'm there for meat and friends that have ask for venison.

I went around and checked a few stands the last time I was up and had two Strong Built broken right where the brace from the foot rest attaches to the seat...broke at the bolt on the seat part. We have big wind there sometimes and the movement from the tree is what made them bend. I called Strong Built to get parts and the lady that answered said they were out of business....after 24 years. Too bad, they made great ladder stands. I bought 15 of them!!
Have a great week guys and good luck to everyone.
By the way, I have no freaking idea how to get our little avatar on my post.
Good luck and hunt safe.
Diann
Old 10-06-2009, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

Nice doe Bowmanaj!!

LadysEdge- I am not computer literate, but I think I got it this way. Right click on someones avatar, a list of options will come up-- click the "save picture as" one. Save the picture in "My Pictures". You can then click the "User CP" tab located where the "Log Out", "Search" and "FAQ" tabs are up top. After clicking the "User CP" tab look along the left hand side for "Edit Avatar" option. Click it and in there towards the bottom click "use custom avatar", then click on browse and it should bring up your "My Pictures" folder--Just click the avatar pic and you should be set.

Hopefully it works for ya.

Chris
Old 10-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by HUNGAR
Nice doe Bowmanaj!!

LadysEdge- I am not computer literate, but I think I got it this way. Right click on someones avatar, a list of options will come up-- click the "save picture as" one. Save the picture in "My Pictures". You can then click the "User CP" tab located where the "Log Out", "Search" and "FAQ" tabs are up top. After clicking the "User CP" tab look along the left hand side for "Edit Avatar" option. Click it and in there towards the bottom click "use custom avatar", then click on browse and it should bring up your "My Pictures" folder--Just click the avatar pic and you should be set.

Hopefully it works for ya.

Chris

LOL...Thanks Chris!!! problem is I have an Apple Lap Top....there is no right click to this thing....I'm screwed. I'd rather hunt anyway than try to figure this thing out.
D.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.