Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31) >

Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)

Old 09-15-2009, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

Glad someone is getting out. Our season doesnt open up until the 1st as well. I did go out and coyote hunt last Saturday morning and saw 9 does, a spike and a fawn. Had a doe and her fawn within 6 yds of me (behind me) and blew at me when she saw me scratch my arm. Scared me to death!!!! But the movement of deer was good to see.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys, I was in Florida and things were hectic when I got back. Nice team name lol..

Checked the cams this past weekend, still have a few nice ones showing up but a few have started to disperese from their "summer homes", with the beans now turning yellow. Can't wait till October 1st, lots of new stand sites to bounce around to this year.

Good luck to all of you already in the woods
Old 09-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

My season openned last weekend but I'm holding out until cooler weather moves in with some overcast. It's been sunny and warm for almost month now with no rain. It's giving me lots of time to practice though I'm getting a bit stir crazy. Guess it gives me more time to complete the Honey Do projects and will a buy me more time afield during more productive weather.

Keep up the posts from those able to hunt. It keeps the juices flowing

Anyone come up with an Avatar for the team? Should we recruit the Jenna, KYDeerHunter03 who does some awesome team avatars?

Last edited by W9ARcher; 09-15-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by W9ARcher
Anyone come up with an Avatar for the team? Should we recruit the Jenna, KYDeerHunter03 who does some awesome team avatars?

No avatar yet, wouldn't hurt to see if they would Git-R-Done for us.

Went to check the cam last night that I put up on a rub line, I was pumped to see 60 events. The bad news was that the card wasn't pushed in so they are on the internal memory which I am not even sure I have the cable for anymore. Oh well, the card is in now and hopefully pics to follow.

Chris
Old 09-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HUNGAR
No avatar yet, wouldn't hurt to see if they would Git-R-Done for us.

Went to check the cam last night that I put up on a rub line, I was pumped to see 60 events. The bad news was that the card wasn't pushed in so they are on the internal memory which I am not even sure I have the cable for anymore. Oh well, the card is in now and hopefully pics to follow.

Chris
What type of camera are you using? I know my Cuddiebacks will automatically transfer pictures stored internally to the card when it's inserted. I found this out the hard way by forgetting to push in the card all the way similar to you. The images were stored interally but at a lower resolution.

Good luck.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Spike

Hi fellas
Our season opened yesterday. I will be going up to the farm this weekend for 3 days. I was up over Labor Day and the food plots looked real good.....finally! I just got a new camera to put out...a Moultrie D-40. Some of the guys at work have them and they seem to be a pretty good camera....we shall see.
When we were last up, we mowed down some multifloral rose to make a trail to several of my stands. Some times it's a little rough getting to them in the dark with those bushes grabbing at you.
Hopefully I will get an opportunity to see what's out there.
Good hunting to all.
Diann
Old 09-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out on the "special" antlerless hunt yesterday evening-saw absolutly 'Nothing". Not a problem-was good to get out. Drove by my spot this evening coming back from the store & 3 Does feeding about 100 yds. from my stand.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:58 AM
Fork Horn

W9ARcher--I am using the Moultrie D40 and I didn't see any way to transfer them by scrolling through the menu. I didn't spend a lot of time looking though because the skeeters were swarming so there might be.

LadysEdge-- They take decent pictures and you should have decent luck with them if you are using them over plots. The trigger time isn't the greatest, but for the price they are good. Having them over plots and angled on trails works good. I've put them perpendicular to trails and had some pics with only rumps.

Chris
Old 09-18-2009, 01:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LadysEdge
Hi fellas
Our season opened yesterday. I will be going up to the farm this weekend for 3 days. I was up over Labor Day and the food plots looked real good.....finally! I just got a new camera to put out...a Moultrie D-40. Some of the guys at work have them and they seem to be a pretty good camera....we shall see.
When we were last up, we mowed down some multifloral rose to make a trail to several of my stands. Some times it's a little rough getting to them in the dark with those bushes grabbing at you.
Hopefully I will get an opportunity to see what's out there.
Good hunting to all.
Diann

All I use are D40's, pretty happy with them. For the price, they are the way to go, imo.. Good luck to ya.

HUNGAR... I've done the same thing before, sucks.. Oh well, you'll get 'em..
Old 09-19-2009, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well update number 2 for my season..I DIDNT KILL ANYTHING YET, if you didnt feel like reading all the below stories...!

I went back out Wednesday morning for a few hours and seen 11-12 deer. It was rather slow until about 830 then I had a small doe fawn come in under me feeding. I checked back and could make out a Doe, two fawns and a small 4point. They eventually worked there way out of sight and I had a spike and a 5point come in and feed under me for about 10 minutes or so. I then had another big doe with two spotted fawns come into about 20yrds for a minute or two and then the deer worked there way back into the thickets! It was a good morning hunt, although I would have loved to had one of those does come along without the spotted fawns!!!

Friday Morning:
BORING BORING BORING!! I managed to sit it out til 1030 only to see a squirrel all morning!!

Saturday Morning(today):
I had a big doe come in at 730 all by her lonesome, this is what I have been basically waiting for! She managed to sneak into 15yrds before I even noticed her!! I managed to get stood and the bow drawn back, but she never gave me a "good" shot! It just wasnt meant to be, she slowly worked her way away never giving me a shot that I felt confident enough to take! I then had a doe and fawn come in about 800 working there way about 50yrds out past me! The moring slowed up until about 930 when I heard two shots from a .22 crack off from what sounded like maybe 100yrds away. I figured someone squirrel hunting, but then I had a small spotted button buck come in 5 minutes after the shot under my stand and he just kept staring back for about 10-15 minutes like he was expecting more deer to follow but they never did? The goofy thing was the button buck walked back towards where he came from?? This got my curiosity going thinking maybe whomever it was shot at a deer instead of a squirrel?? I had to get down to check it out, but never seen nobody? I walked through the woods for a little ways just looking for hunter orange but none ever stood out, so I dont know what was up with all that????

I will be back out this evening, so hopefully I wil have an update for ya'll!!!!!!

OHHHH by the way I am checking into having an avatar done as we speak, waiting on a PM back and I will get it going for us!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.