Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31) >

Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)

Old 09-10-2009, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I Wanna See my Booner-That may be a good sign for me-I've killed well over a 100+ Whitetails in my 53 years of Bowhunting & a few P&Ys. I have been wanting to take a Buck larger than my personal best since I'm on the STEEP BACK side of LIFE so set my sights pretty high 6 years ago & have eaten my Buck Tag since.
I have seen some Booners-2 very close to me getting a shot last year & apparently they survived the Gun season last year-so, unless old age got them, they should still be around.
If I contribute-it will be a Biggie. Good Luck.
I will be in a special antlerless bowhunt starting the 15th but our regular season opens Oct. 1st. I'll be Buck Hunting very hard from mid Oct. through Nov. for sure unless I Tag him b/4 then.
I am looking for one better than this.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)-scan0033.jpg  
Old 09-10-2009, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

AND THIS-my last BIG BUCK. I have taken a couple in the 110 or 115 range in weak moments but passed at least 15 bucks per year since setting my goal of a personal best. Since bonus antlerless tags I have satisfied that urge with Does.
Good Luck everyone.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)-scan0020.jpg  
Old 09-10-2009, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

We are officially Team 31 "Wannaseemybooner".............

I will see what I can figure out about a Team Avatar...!! Does anybody have any artistic skills or even ideas for an avatar?

I do not have any skill, but I do know a couple people to check with about trying to get one made, I will see what I can do!!

Any suggestions throw em out here!!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

Nice looking deer John! You appear to have aged some since last years doe pic with the girls. ha,ha

Chris
Old 09-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ahunter~~ Those are some dandy bucks, I cna only wish that you meet your goals this year and put a slammer on the ground!!!
Gd Luck!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Typical Buck

ahunter- very nice looking bucks!

As for the logo avatar, I will see what I can throw together, no artist by any means.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Me Age, never-I was 39 when one was taken & 50 for the other & I was 67 in last years Doe pic with the girls-be 68 this Nov. so I have a few years on most. I have lived in Bowhunting what many will only dream of. I have been blessed with that & a great family.
I'll be taking my 35 yr old son & 36 yr old daughter this year. Son has a few Bowkills & 2 nice Caribou but Daughter is just getting started-I'll be in the DOUBLE stand filming & coaching her this year. "I" only need one shot at a BOONER.
Like I said-everyone will know us as the "winners". Those fellas who brag about 2 in a row might as well pack it in.. Good luck all. May you all have a short blood trail.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put up a ground blind today over looking a Creek with steep banks & 3 trails crossing & intersecting 15 yds. from the blind. It's for those bad, rainy early season days & when wife comes along. I have no problem hunting from the ground.
My "special" antlerless season is open now 7 will probably make a couple evenings this next week-our regular season is Oct. 1st. I guess I have everything in place now-just gotta wait.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

The first day sit:

Well just got back in! The morning for myself was pretty slow up until about 9:30. Then it was like someone opened the flood gates 40yrds out from me! I had deer going a little bit of everywhere. There was three small bucks(2-4pts and a spike) along with a doe that fed to right underneath of me for 30minutes or so! There were a few deer that skirted deeper into the thicket that I never got a good look at so I am not sure what they were?

I contemplated shooting the doe, but she just wasnt all that big? It was definantely not a button buck as I was looking straight down on her head, but it was of darker color like the more mature deer, but I opted to give her the slip and wait for a bigger one!!

All in all it wasnt a bad morning, I think the total deer count between myself and three otherguys I was hunting with was roughly 34 deer...!!!! I am not sure how many of them were the same deer, but still not bad odds!!

I am still uncertain if I am going to try and brave the heat tonight, but if not I will be back out tommorow morning!! I will update again when I get back out!!

Later On Gd Luck All!!!
Old 09-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Fork Horn

Keep at 'em Hardwoods, our season doesn't open until the 1st so I still have a little bit of a wait. It definitely has been noticeably warmer the last several years in the early bow season. I have had terrible luck on my last 2 out of state hunts. Both hunts were for the first week of November in MN-- The first year our average temp was around 72 with a high of 78, last year we averaged about 76 with a high of 84. Needless to say the big ones didn't seem to be moving until after dark. It really stinks to get so pumped up for a hunt like that and have the weather crap all over ya. Oh well, still good hunts.

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.