Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31) >

Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)

Old 12-08-2009, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gunners still at it. No one has killed any of the Big Bucks my Daughter & I saw early Bow season, so far (Yeaaaaa).
I have had about 6 chances @ Does under 15 yds. on the special Bowhunt I qualified for but they have all had this years fawns with them. I have never been able to shoot a Doe with this years fawn even though I know that is the one I should take. I think mainly because I've never been one to shoot does EVEN though it's the right thing for Deer management. Anyway, I am still haveing a great season & still hoping Daughter will get a crack at one in late season....
So, lets be like the Cubs & come from behind in the late season & win this contest.
How about everyone doing a check in & see whats up.
wishing all a early Merry Christmas.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Gun season is over here and I have yet to see a buck yet this December. Went out this am and seen 21 does and fawns, some could have been the same deer, but I know atleast 12 were different. Getting out the rest of the week for am hunts, not sure about the next couple of days since we will be having a winter storm warning (good), but with 25mph winds (bad). Oh well, I guess you can't kill um if ya don't get out there. Hopefully a nice one will be headed to my pine stand.

Good luck to all and have a good holiday season.

Chris
Old 12-17-2009, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's cold & nearly a foot of snow & I passed on a big Doe yesterday at 10 yds because she had her triplets from this year with her... Not seeing any Bucks.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

Cold here too, but atleast the deer are moving. I shot a doe on the 14th and 16th. I love tracking in the snow, but they were short bloodtrails. The first doe double lunger and made it 40yds tops, the second doe was a hard quarter that hit gut,liver,heart and one lung, she made it about 30yds. Still have yet to see a buck since November, I'm beginning wonder what they look like

Chris
Old 12-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the Does. I passed on another one & her this years fawn yesterday. I just got a 1/2 beef & taking Daughter on a Buffalo hunt in Jan. so I'm not going to starve. I just can't take that shot when they have this years fawn with. I would gladly like to see my daughter get these close shots (less than 15 yds) but she's pretty busy with Christmas & 3 kids right now...
Merry Christmas team 31.....
Old 12-22-2009, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Snow in our area is tough on the deer-it's deep & real hard crust about 1/3 of the way down. Just got another 3-4" last night.
Had 17 Deer in our yard this morning cleaning out my bird feeders, Does, Button Bucks & one 8 pointer. Wife was going to take a pic but they moved into the woods next to the house b/4 she could round it up..
Old 12-28-2009, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

yesterday-cleaning out my bird feeders. Season IS open & I am legal to Bowhunt where I live. He was after 2 different Does out of a Dz. hanging around..
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)-dscn1105.jpg  
Old 01-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, our season closes in a few days. I "could" have filled ALL my tags this year but let everything walk-Bucks cause I was after REAL big horns & didn't make it happen though I did have 2 very close but not a shot possible. Antlerless tags, I was just soft hearted-every time I had a Big Doe close she had this years fawn or fawns with. Never have shot a Doe with this years fawn (personal choice). Then, in the special Antlerless inner city Bowhunt I qualified for the same seemed to happen. I'm guessing I could have killed 15 Does this year IF I ad wanted to. In my younger years they would have been down for sure but I guess having taken so many Deer over the years make it not so much about filling a tag as it is outsmarting the BIG ONES.
Anyway, I'm in the process of setting up my 1st Antelope (ever) in Wy. for 2010 (DIY). I head to Oklahoma with my Nurse Daughter the 15th for a couple days of her Bowhunting a Buffalo (private herd) which should be great fun for both. Dads filming & she's doing the shooting.
I wish you all a great 2010 for you & yours & may your Bowhunts be as succeesful & enjoyable as my many, many journeys.
I had 12 does & 3 Bucks in my back yard today-they come nearly everyday & clean out what bird seed is left in my bird feeders (5).
I think these Deer baiters need to use bird seed, they love it & can they ever tounge it out of those feeders. A few pics Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)-dscn1099.jpg

Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)-resizebucksnow.jpg

Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)-buck.jpgof the could have beens.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, another. 15 yds, rattled in late Oct. ALMOST weakened on this one. He gave me every type "shot oppertunity" you can imagine at 15 yds.. I shot him with the camera....
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Wanna see my Booner Thread (31)-8ptpass.jpg  
Old 01-05-2010, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Nice pics!

Our season is over so the wait is on until next year. I went without seeing a buck in December for the first time in about as long as I can remember.

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.