Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1) >

Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)

Old 12-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Guys from my treestand. I have a decent buck shot still moving around on the ground. Can't do anything until my friend gets here.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Dominant Buck

So here's the deal. Last night I missed a six (actually a 7 from the trail cam pics I just looked at). Not sure if I screwed up my anchor point or I think I may have closed one eye (more reasonable screw up) What I didn't say from last was the coolest thing I think ever in the woods besides loosing my ..... I had a huge owl fly right underneath me 3 feet directly below me, full spread glide.

Anyway back to the hunt. I jumped about a dozen that were below my stand on my way in. Went and retrieved my arrow from the night before. Got in my stand and had about 4 or 5 walk below me but no bucks with racks. So I'm thinking in my mind, this is my last evening hunt up here in Md unless I could recover from surgery earlier then expected a reduce my draw weight. Then I was thinking, are you nuts? So I then start thinking, OK, I fly home with my bow and hunt NC for the few days I have next week. Not the most promising but still possible. 2 mins before hunting hours close for the night 5:14, this guy walks right up the creek line on my side (a bunch of does were on the other) and stand below me 6 feet from the tree. I took the straight down shot through his spine (practice this shot every year) and the bugger dropped. Before I could get another arrow knocked up, he made it about 5 feet behind my tree and a little sappling. He turned back in my direction and gave my a tiny opening so I stuck him again. I had to wait there until my friend finally showed up. I've never packed a flash light this year.

So we're not in first but not far behind either. When extreme puts that 210 class on the board, we'll get into first.

I almost for got, here's another pic and my deer. My mom took a better pic with her phone and the deer in my rental car trunk. This pic is from my crackberry. FYI, sonata's have bigger trunks than Malibus. I had a hard time crunching this guy in and getting the lid to close.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)-img00127.jpg   Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)-10431_177532032278_505157278_4128232_4499750_n.jpg  
Old 12-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job Fieldmouse...Congrats, and glad you were able to end your season on a positive note before going under the knife.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright guys were 5 for 10 so far. 2 more bucks and I think we seal this thing up.

Who is it going to be?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Dominant Buck

Let's see who gets another pic of Alison on our wall.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

WOW FM Great job huge congrats!! I knew you'ld see it through! Thats a very nice buck!

I had a great Gun Season, shot a nice PA 7 point at 7:30 am opening morning. First deer I saw, and of all the bow kills this year (3) my gun kill was my closest shot at 16 yards. Try that with a gun you were shooting the day before at 100-300 yards (just playing after checking sights) and I left the scope dialed up to 10 power..lol

The best part came 1/2 hour later when after gutting and all was ready to start the long drag out. I looked up and 3 deer were coming my way, a 5pt a 8pt and a doe. I watched them come within 25 yards. We all froze and looked at each other, my cousin was hunting the backside of the mountain. (500 yards or so away) I took off running out of the clear blue to force the deers move, the 8pt went exactly on the escape route I needed him to...10 minutes later my cousin dropped him at 35 yards.

Both deer down by 8:30...we drug until 2 PM....great day.. Great Season!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good to have ya back Bob, and congrats on a great season.

I too was able to put down a few deer during Illinois gun season. The first season found me dragging a doe down after the 3rd morning, and I hunted for about 10 minutes last Thursday and took another doe.

A pretty cool hunt happened to my cousin though. He was hunting off a very thick point. Around 4:30 I heard 3 quick shots, and then a 4th not much later. The story was unbelievable.

This spot is a big buck producer. Last time he went in here, he killed a 143" 12 pointer. This time he took another stud 12 pointer....sort of.

He noticed the deer walking through the thicket, and knew it was a stud. He tried to stop the buck, but it wouldn't, and he let a slug fly. He said it looked like a tree exploded and the buck ran right at him. It then hit the ladder stand he was in and shot the bottom section off the tree. Cousin shot again. Deer still ran off.

3rd shot. Hits deer in the rump and knocks it down. Deer gets back up.

4th shot. Finds the vitals and kills the buck.

He was looking at the buck through his scope, and only saw 3 points. He then went to where the "tree" exploded, and found both main beams freshly shot off the deer. The buck was a STUD.

When we were dragging the buck, we realized his 2nd shot blew a rather large hole through the end of the bucks ear. Had he not hit the deer with his 3rd shot it probably would of survived without 90% of it's rack and only half an ear.

The taxi is fixing it for him, and I went down there and did a quick score and came up with 171" gross. 19 6/8" inside spread by our best guess. His right side had a large fork G-2, with another 4 inch kicker coming off it. An awesome buck, an awesome story, a terrible way for it to end lol.

Oh yeah, he was hunting out of my stand, which is now ruined from the buck hitting it.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's wild ILBH!

Guys we are frigging close someone lay down a buck..any buck and we can vault into the lead.

Most guys are done for the season. The cold weather will keep all but the dedicated hard core guys on the couch!

Get out of bed in the morning, turn off the tube in the afternoon...this is our chance to be part of history..Let's Grab It!
Old 12-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Guys, I'm alive and right now the nerve block is still working but not for long. extreme should come through for us, but what about the other guys? Gr8, try sending a PM to the other guys for an update.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

Still hunting it hard fellas. PA rifle season is only 2 weeks long. Hunted 5 times including opening day with my bow in hopes of getting a shot at a nice buck in this one funnel. Had a nice 9 point come through at 30 yards on a nice trot. Never stopped for me to get a shot. Saturday is last day...I may take my rifle with me. I will be hunting the late bow season if I have a tag left...the way things are looking I will have a few more weeks of bowhunting opportunity to score some horn. I'm not used to this at all guys....the last 5 years I have shot a 7 point or larger buck during the rut. Been a while since I hunted rifle season in search of a buck. We'll see how it goes. Congrats to all who have their buck already, and good luck to those who don't!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.