Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1) >

Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)

Old 11-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Fork Horn

Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)-d_006.jpg

this is the doe i shot the other day. the shot looks high, but it was a steep shooting angle.

i almost killed a 160 class 12 pointer but he busted me in my make shift ground blind.

i rattled in 6 different bucks over 130 last weekend, i can't wait to go back this weekend.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

What was the winning scores the last few years?
Old 11-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Wow, that's great. It was beautiful today except for the fact I had to go home. I'm going north on Sunday. Getting a full day in on the stand. Drive home early tuesday so I can fly out west for the rest of the week. I will be hunting my personal honet hole. It use to be awesome before the park ranger gained access and screwed it all up. However, it still has some good potential and so far he hasn't messed it completely up. Good luck everyone. Let's take this to the top!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Dominant Buck

The winning scores as I remember have all been around 800 give or take.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good to see a little blood on your hands vmartin, and if you put down that 160 I'll make the trip west to help with the drag...good luck!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys I believe we're rigt around 404 1/8 once these babies are enterred.

That will but us up near the top. Come on guys lay some more bone on the ground!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Dominant Buck

Guy's their getting bigger. Couldn't stand it today staring out my window. Decided to roll the dice and get into the woods. I began at my neighbor's backyard and ended up on the other side of my neighborhood before I picked a tree. I found a huge rub on a tree with a few others in the area. So I hopped up the best tree I could find and it really taxed my stand and my arms. I couldn't get my arms all the way around to lock them together in order to pull me up. Normally I would use my safety strap to fill in the gap but I didn't have it. Anyway, got up ther and wasn't there for more than 1/2 hour and three came running in. I was sure a buck was chasing them but it turned out the button buck was chasing the two does. Anyway, they stayed for about 15 mins and left. I rattled a little bit later and in came a 9 point. HYe was a basket rack with good mass but I let him walk. He would of only went around 115 to 120. He certainly wasn't the one who made the rubs I saw. Right towards the end, I had another deer walking in on me. It was loud and I was so sure it was a big one. My heart was going. Turns out it was a big doe and she walked right up under me and hung for 5 mins before she started to walk around and eat. Oh well. Very fun hunt, one because it was rolling the dice on an unscouted area and two rattling in the buck with the big doe tricking me in the end.

Good luck guys.
Old 11-07-2009, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK fellas who's gonna post one up this weekend??
Old 11-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted Friday morning for the first time since taking my buck. That morning I went to a stand that I hung last Sunday. I had high hopes for this spot, and it didn't disappoint. I rattled in 6 different bucks, 2 of which were shooter....well kind of.

I had a 135ish 10 pointer come in and play around my stand with 3 other bucks looking for the fight. I was getting ready to pop him when I noticed he had a busted G2 and G3. As I was watching these bucks I looked up and saw another 10 pointer. He was really wide, but his tines were pretty short. I was wanting him to come closer, but I couldn't get him within range.

I rattled in another nice 8 pointer that afternoon from the same stand I took my buck, but he wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Now we need another guy to put some horn on the ground!
Old 11-08-2009, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its been a few days guys but im hard at it We have spotted some serious 140+" deer. 3 in fact that are for sure 140+ one possibly 160. I saw 2 smaller bucks today and 7 does.

They are moving like crazy!!!

If I get one of these we will be standing VERRRRYY high on the totem pole right off of the bat!!!

were already around 400"! Way to go guys!!!

Derek

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.