Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1) >

Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)

Old 08-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I spent 8 hours at the farm yesterday taking down and hanging stands and setting up cameras. I did very little scouting as this close to the season I want to disturb as little as possible. Hopefully my cameras can help me zone in on some key areas. I saw a lot of does and small bucks feeding in the beans but no shooters.

I also stopped by my taxi and saw some unfortunate news. He had a buck in there that he was finishing up from last shotgun season. I took a look and my jaw dropped. It was a stud of a buck that lived on my uncle's land bordering our farm. We had only seen this guy a few times the last few years during the summer while driving in and out but never while hunting and never got a picture of him but the kickers on him made him easy to spot. He was killed about 1/2 mile down the road and probably went maybe 160-170. A tough way to end the hunt for that guy but he is sure going to look good on that hunters wall.

A few months before my dad's stroke we had been shed hunting and found the sheds of what we believed to be a 3.5 yr. old buck. We had each seen him twice while driving into the farm early in the morning and body on this guy was not mature but he carried a NICE 10 point rack. We found the 2 sheds about 300 yards apart and he scored in the 150's with a modest 18 inch spread and a busted G-2. I'm hoping to get a pic of him if he is still in the area as I have 3 cameras set up in that spot.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Saw the 12 point that's been hanging out in the neighborhood last night. He was heading to my yard from across the street. I think I will hunt my neighbors yard this year. I know the house behid him feeds these guys and a few doors down he's been there quite often. I wish I could tell you he was a 160-170. He's probally somewhere in the 140's but I'll take him.

As far as a pic goes, I'm still trying to get a camo pic but it's not looking good. She goes for her big shoot in two weeks and said she would get me a pic to remember. I said whoa, still a family site. I can get my hands on a few more cop pics. You'll decide, let's pick a name.

We are the top team, front of the pack. That's always a nice view.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

IBH There are plenty of good bucks out there I'm sure. Don't be too down because 1 particular buck is gone. Just imagine the ones out there you didn't see (YET!)

Fieldmouse...a 140" 12 pt gets shot in my woods in a heartbeat! Thats a Great Buck.

The Captain thing really don't matter, I mean you guys that have been in it before know..it's mostly ,maybe an occasional vote on someones deer entry.

Lets vote on a name ..one thats been posted or a few new ideas. I'll PM Rob about the No-shows in a couple days.

My team voted off a girl last year for being a few days late and she was replaced on our team...She got back in as an alternate on a new team and laid down a WHOPPER of a buck!
Old 08-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Update, exchanged a few emails with Alison, explained it a little better and showed her my last year pic. Besides, she feels sorry for me. I broke several ribs a few weeks ago. She's going to look through her photos. It may end up being the cop photo. I happen to love that one.

As far as replacing folks, we have time on our side. Let's wait. I had people replaced on my teams before and it's no fun when they do check in. We will have no problem replacing people. Few states open this early. I think SC is now open. NC opens in a week or so. Md opens on the 15th. Let's set a dead line date. The 15th sounds good to me.

If you all don't mind. grt has my vote for captain unless anyone of you want it. I want to just be cheer leader and keep everyone excited. I really want to win this thing again this year. We can do it. Well have great representation from good deer states. Remember 6 points or better wins this from 8 team members. Let's post some great stories topped off with bucks on the board.

Good luck!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys I am good with Hooter's Shooters and GR8....
Old 09-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Hello all my name is Matt, sorry for the late sign in. I got caught up in an ugly breakup and have since moved and computer time had been limited. All is set and squared away now. I am 26 years old, a fisheries biologist for the state of MD. I live on the eastern shore of Md between the Chesapeake and the Ocean. If you aren't familiar with that area it is all farm land and very fertile. Big deer and lots of em. I also have a 200 acre farm in Pa that I hunt from time to time but usually just firearm up there. I have been bowhunting for the past few years and have a about 58,000 acres of public land to hunt within an hr of the house with whitetails and sika's. I hunt usually 4 days a week either before or after work depending on wind weather etc. Our season starts in 2 weeks and the bow is tuned and ready to rock. I shoot a Hoyt Katera XL and Muzzy 3 blade 100 grain heads on trophy ridge blast shafts. Passed alot of deer last year with the bow and missed a nice one on Nov 4th. I did kill a bunch of does and this nice 10 pt with the gun. We can kill 36 deer here in MD (12 with the bow, 2 bucks 10 does) but I usually just take enough to get me through the year w meat.
Attached Thumbnails Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)-ed-i.jpg  
Old 09-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

All right,welcome to the team Whacker 1 more member to go and we are a full team.Its good to get to know ya bud,all great members on this team,really looking forward to this year,I got a good feeling we are going to take this as long as we all work together and bag us a buck-lol

Well have great representation from good deer states.
Ommm,and one well respected Province-lol

I like Hooter Shooters and looks like GR8 is the team Captain
Old 09-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Appreciate the encouragement guys..

Whacker welcome. Thats a great buck and I know there are some bruisers in Maryland. Diesel77 is from Damascus and lays down multiple nice bucks year in and year out! Wheres your land in PA? we have a camp in Clarion.

Can't wait to start sharing stories and tactics. I'm so stoked about this year.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm so stoked about this year.
You said it brother,I am driving the wife crazy talking about the opener(oct 1st).She says she cant wait for it to come either,will get me out of the house and out of her hair

Equipment I use-----Using my trusty old HOYT Vectrix,been a good bow to me.Topped off with a Fuse 3 pin site,A QAD Ultra Rest and Shooting PSE Radial X-Weaves with 100 grain Wasp Boss.This is one deadly combination and I really hope it lays the smackdown on one of the BIG bruisers we have running around here.
Will be wearing my Whitewater 3D Leafy wear in the early season,I tell ya,this stuff works.

Going out tomorrow morn to do my finishing touches on the stands .Going to check the trail cam as well.

Take care
Jason
Old 09-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

Just got back from setting up a new stand inbetween two swamps, and if you could picture a swamp to the north and one to the south, and there is a piece of land that runs inbetween them that is about 60 feet. Only one way through. Want to guess where my stand is. I have always put my stands around the swamps, but saw a nice trail running through it so stuck a stand there. Looks like that is the way across the swamps to the bean fields this year.....The best part was when I was walking out I ran into a 8 pnt 130ish........WOW........ Hope that bastard comes back...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.