Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1) >

Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)

Old 09-23-2009, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GR8atta2d
Hope ya feel better Extreme.. Gee ILBH they won't take corn down around here till near Thanksgiving! And there is a lot of it!

We come in this Saturday!
Yea the early predictions were mid Thanksgiving around here, but things seem to be drying up pretty quickly until this week. There have been some farmers that have alot in already shelling here, so I'm hoping that all of it is out by the time November is here.

Oh yea I have also been given an extra day off this year so that puts me in a tree all day for October 31, Nov 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,14,15, all before our shotgun season rolls in. 10 days of hunting while the bucks are out cruising....I have to be able to get a crack at something nice in that time frame.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Illinois Buck Hunter
Yea the early predictions were mid Thanksgiving around here, but things seem to be drying up pretty quickly until this week. There have been some farmers that have alot in already shelling here, so I'm hoping that all of it is out by the time November is here.

Oh yea I have also been given an extra day off this year so that puts me in a tree all day for October 31, Nov 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,14,15, all before our shotgun season rolls in. 10 days of hunting while the bucks are out cruising....I have to be able to get a crack at something nice in that time frame.
Excellent!! Can't beat that vacation schedule. You'll get it done by Halloween !!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is about the best I can do with the small pic from Fieldmouse.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys tomorrow morning I'll be 1 sit into the season! I'm more excited about the evening hunt, but I got a chance in the AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Please welcome dmounts as your new alternate. He pm'd me to join and I told him to sign in and participate here. Good luck guys, thanks again dmounts.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Fork Horn

Hey all...dmounts here. Been in this contest the last 2 years, and scored horn both times. Scored around 110" last year. Been unfortunate to be on teams that only had 3 or 4 active people, so we never had a chance against them "Dark Horses". But this year everything is going to change...I can feel it. Looks like we have a solid group of people here....its gonna be fun. For all who don't know me, I'm a 30 year old mechanical engineer currently living in southwestern Pa in the town of Washington...its just south of Pittsburgh. I have been married to my wife for 3 years. No kids yet, but we have an 11 month old chocolate lab that also loves the outdoors. I do a lot of urban hunting, primarily in tight funnels. I also spend a good bit of time on the farms, but these urban funnels are hot places to be during the rut. I hunt nearly every day...so you can be sure I'm out there giving it my all for the team. Good luck all, and thanks for the opportunity! Don
Old 09-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome to the team dmounts!

Now that we have 10 it's time to start getting these deer on the ground. My first sit won't be for another 8 days (season comes in the 1st, but I can't hunt until the 3rd).

I also may of came across another farm (500 acres) that I can hunt. I'm waiting back on a soild answer, but from what my brother in law told me is no one is hunting it this year and I would have the place to myself.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome Dmounts..Jump in with both feet! Our posters are kinda S-L-O-W. I hope that means they are to busy hunting!

A 110" buck will do nicely! Thats a good buck. Take what You are proud of and we'll back ya! Time for the Dark Horses to take the dive!
Old 09-26-2009, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome dmounts!

What kind of work do you do?
Good luck this season!

Derek
Old 09-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks all! hey drock....I design clean coal technology for coal fired power plants. Been doing it since 1997...I love my job.

Our season opens October 3rd. Went out and got some fresh Dead Down Wind, and some other misc stuff. Can't wait! The temperatures starting to slowly drop....its just about time to start letting them arrows fly. Good luck all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.