Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team KillZone Krew (15) >

Official Team KillZone Krew (15)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team KillZone Krew (15)

Old 10-28-2009, 04:34 AM
Fork Horn

Went out Monday night with the grandson to fill our antlerless tags at Lake Manawa, got set up around 4:30 saw four does about 75 yard out at 5:30. They just wouldn't come in any closer, we sat till it got to dark to see and called it a night.
Tuesday went to fill my buck tag, went to the Nebraska side of DeSoto Wildlife Refuge. The refuge has parts in both Iowa and Nebraska so they let you hunt in either side of their archery areas. This guy I work with has 5 stands set up for him and his dad, they said they're seeing a lot of deer with some 130 - 140 class bucks. He told me I could use them when I'm out there so I used one yesterday, sat from 8:30 in the morning till 6:30 that night and saw one doe that I would have needed my 30-06 to reach. My next chance to get out there is November 1st and 2nd, I'll try one of the other stands then hopefully the'll be movng a bit more by then.

Don
Old 10-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ouch, that sucks!
Old 10-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

James I noticed its kinda quiet here as well, thats why I really havent said much cuz there is rarely anything new to comment on haha

Things are starting to kick into gear here as well, just hope this weekend proves to be a lucky one. Keeping those fingers crossed
Old 10-31-2009, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

Was able to get out yesterday after work, had a short shift 8:45a - 2:15p, got in the stand around 3:30. Battled wind and light rain for three hours and saw nothing I'm going out again tomorrow all day. Sure hope they start moving soon, may have to leave the safety harness and backpack in the truck and try stalking.

Don
Old 10-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm surprised that you guys aren't seeing more movement. The bucks are really starting to get cranked up here. I'm tagged out, but I am definitely helping out a few family members and I've got my rifle spots all set up as well. I'm headed to MN tomorrow to check my camera that I set up there to see if I will be rifle hunting MN this year.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Time to come up with a new tatic went to my hunting spot up north, sat in the stand for nine hours today and nothing. Did see a nice group of geese while heading to my stand, a couple of squirrels and a couple other hunters heading for their stands. Starting to get frustrated at not seeing anything. Only place I see any deer these days is in the state park where I'm doing an antlerless hunt and those have been either to far off or after legal shooting hours.

Don
Old 11-02-2009, 11:01 AM
bwo
Spike

I went out thursday evening and saw 4 skinheads. Went out Saturday morning and sat for 4- hours....saw 2 skinheads. Walked back to my house and their stood a nice 8-pointer standing on the edge of my neighbors hay meadow. It has been pretty warm here, haven't seen a lot of activity. I think it will start to kick off in the next week or so. Good luck to everyone.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:44 AM
Fork Horn

went out last night with the grandson, sat in the ground blind till it was almost to dark to see and nothing. we did bump a couple deer as we were walking out, it was a little to dark to tell if they were bucks or does.

Don
Old 11-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Things are really starting to pick up here. Seen bucks chasing does all over the place this morning, and have heard about 5 buck fights during 3 times on stand.

GETTIN EXCITED!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:56 AM
Fork Horn

Just updating here. Went out Saturday morning planning on hunting my father-in-law's property. Got there just before light and he was there turkey hunting! It was the opening day of fall turkey here in PA. He hasn't gone turkey hunting in like 8 years and low and behold he picked Saturday to start again. So I booked it to my land, but till I got there it was daylight. I still sat till noon, but seen nothing. I'm heading out this evening I think, so wish me luck. Things should get interesting around here soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.