Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team KillZone Krew (15) >

Official Team KillZone Krew (15)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team KillZone Krew (15)

Old 10-04-2009, 05:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Holy cow thats a nice deer! Congrats and way to get the team on the board!
Old 10-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually shot a buck this evening, nothing huge by any means...probably would have gotten chewed out on this forum for even drawing back on him haha

He was at 5 yards and I aimed about 4 inches under his armpit and ended hitting him HIGH! Dead solid bone hit and my arrow barely penetrated at all and its still in the deer. Not a single drop of blood anywhere and even if there was the sudden downpour of rain washed all sign away.

Kinda bummed and I feel like crap....I know the deer will live but I guess I shouldnt have even tried to shoot him. I am kinda ifffy about getting back out there now.....
Old 10-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last edited by James Vee; 10-23-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Oh God, sorry guys. I haven't been on in forever. Am I too late to sign in?
Old 10-13-2009, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

I was out yesterday for five hours and didn't see a thing. Area I was hunting is the archery area of the wildlife refuge, there's farm land surrounding it that still has standing corn. My guess is they're still holed up in the corn, and only moving at night.

Rut should be here in a couple of weeks maybe they'll be moving a bit more then. Hopefully I'll have better luck once they start moving.

Don
Old 10-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Kinda bummed and I feel like crap....I know the deer will live but I guess I shouldnt have even tried to shoot him. I am kinda ifffy about getting back out there now.....
Believe me it happens. I work in the hunting industry and I see it every year from folks that hit the bullseye when they are shooting the target every time. I couldn't tell you how many I have tracked over the last 10 yrs and not found, due to poor shots. You just need to get back out there and make your shot count. Chances are it will happen again at some point. It has happened to me too.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Super Moderator

Wow!! James, that is an awesome buck, what did he score? Great job bud.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

He is at the taxi. I didn't score him yet, but will have him scored and entered. Should make Pope and Young.
Old 10-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Fork Horn

I'm heading out tomorrow and Tuesday, sure hope their up and moving

Don
Old 10-26-2009, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

For whatever reason it seems as our team is pretty quiet. I'd like to see more interaction if you would.

I haven't been hunting since I have already been tagged out, but I have been running cameras. I'm starting to get some nice bucks on cam, and they are starting to chase here. It's a great time for rattling, using scents, and hunting buck sign. I've already got "my" rifle buck located so we'll see how that goes. I'm also hoping to hunt MN for rifle season so we'll see how that goes. I'm headed out there today to set up a camera. Hopefully I find a good spot and can get a good buck to show. I'll keep you posted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.