HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300916-official-team-bone-mafia-thread-24-a.html)

JoshKeller 08-18-2009 04:32 PM

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Official Team 24

326 KCMO Cityboy
238 boiler room
4 MOhunter46
Alt, dliz
309 dabowhunter
136 rybohunter
267 my7pointmonster
112 pjhunts
33 reds10ss
264 Josh Keller

Lets check in here guys. I'm Josh, from WV. Hunting a few states this year, looking to put a few deer on the ground this year.

MOhunter46 08-19-2009 05:34 AM

Im Wayne, from Missouri. Looking foward to having one of my best seasons yet. Looks like we got a pretty good team, lets take the dark horses down.

KCMO Cityboy 08-19-2009 09:22 AM

Hi Guys,
I'm Clay, from Kansas City, Missouri. Looking forward to the season and this fun contest. Yes, I'm a city-type guy, but love getting out to put a Thwack on a buck.
Let's put the Horses down and make some glue!

rybohunter 08-19-2009 05:44 PM

Ryan
Pittsburgh, PA (Home of the Super Bowl & Stanley Cup Champs)
I'll be hunting PA & OH
Hope everyone has a fun & safe season.

reds10ss 08-20-2009 07:57 AM

hey guyz my name is mike, im from ohio and will be hunting in southern ohio, lets get it done this season, good luck to all

my7pointmonster 08-22-2009 09:10 AM

Hey, I'm Ryan from Altoona, PA I'll be hunting Maryland for 3 days and PA for the rest of the season. I have a good spot picked out (aside from the problem of it being on public land its a good spot) and I'm taking my trail camera up to hang it within the next few days.

Ryan.

reds10ss 08-22-2009 09:53 AM

sweet, good luck and cant wait to see some pics

my7pointmonster 08-22-2009 11:33 AM

Now for the bad news. My computer was too old to work with the software to put the pictures onto my computer. So i'll have to use one of the work computers if I get any good pictures.

Anyone have any idea's for a team name yet?

Ryan.

pjhunts 08-22-2009 06:25 PM

pj here from illinois, hope to redeem myself after last years heartbreak

reds10ss 08-22-2009 06:53 PM

anybody got any trail cam pics off possible targets this year

pjhunts 08-22-2009 07:14 PM

it's been a slow pic year for me so far, I have seen a really nice one though, not sure how big yet, possibly 180 range by the size of his frame. its been to far away in too low of light to see points though. planning on moving cams tomorrow to catch him. he hangs out with a 150 10 pt.., I also hunt a lot of public ground and have seen a couple that will go over 160 where i hunt at, however i'm not brave enough to put a trail cam up on the public ground. afraid it might grow legs

my7pointmonster 08-22-2009 09:40 PM

Anyone got any good topo maps going they can share? Anyone got any old pictures of food plots?

Ryan.

rybohunter 08-24-2009 03:42 PM

This bad boy has been visiting my yard all summer. Just saw him 5 minutes ago & he MUCH bigger as this pic was taken over a month ago.

pjhunts 08-24-2009 06:37 PM

Just curious, anybody set any goals for this season? I realize this is all for fun, so im definitely not going to go out and arrow any buck just to have something to score. I'm fairly picky. I don't plan on shooting anything unless it goes over 150". Fortunately the areas I hunt, public and private, have a decent amount of bucks that will exceed my goal. I don't mind eating tag soup at the end of the season, it wiont be the first or the last time it happens. also any body have any ideas for a team name? It's really hard to come up with something original that hasn't already been used in years past.

pjhunts 08-24-2009 06:42 PM

What do you'al do for a living, got an y family? I work as a scaffold builder in an oil refinery. married and have 5 rugrats. the 4 that are big enough really love shooting their bows too, pretty cool. I also pick blackberries and sell them and use that money to pay for my hunting stuff. i didn't have much time this year so i only picked 60 gallons, last year was my best with 170 gallons! i was so tired of picking berries it wasnt funny

reds10ss 08-24-2009 07:30 PM

well im hunting my familys private properties in southern ohio where we have some nice shooter bucks. i didnt take a buck last year but the year before i did, the pic is my icon photo. ive got a few nice pics of some bucks that i hope will give me a shot oppertuninty this season, im also picky and will only shoot mature bucks. as far as i go, im single guy living life to the fullest, im 26 got my own place,ride, full-time job...im a auto painter and love every minute of it. i love to hunt and fish and im a football freak! i was thinking of a few names...Backstrap Brigade, Rut Junkies, RibCage Rampage...i dont know thats about what i could up with right now...im sure we will figure something out..i dont know if those names have ever been used either.

reds10ss 08-24-2009 07:32 PM

that looks like a solid buck rybo!

boiler room 08-25-2009 03:22 AM

Hey guys boiler room checkin in here. Sorry it took so long but didn't even realize teams hd ad been picked yet. I'll be hunting here in home state of Massachusetts and Ohio this year. Good luck to all team members!!

MOhunter46 08-25-2009 05:42 AM

Good looking buck rybo. Im not sure what the deal is but we didnt get many pics of bucks this summer. We had a pretty good amount last year, but this year we dont.:confused0024: Oh well hopefully ill see some good bucks this year.

MOhunter46 08-25-2009 05:59 AM

Oh as for names, rut raiders, rack attack, treestand troopers. Just throwing some out there.

pjhunts 08-25-2009 06:02 PM

whitetail wizards, backstrap boyz, the bone mafia, i dont know, it is sure hard to come up with something that hasnt' already been used

reds10ss 08-25-2009 06:57 PM

yea it is hard to get some names, i think all the suggestions so far would work

JoshKeller 08-26-2009 05:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
sorry fellas, im going to be VERY busy at work until labor day. (beer/wine sales).

its a terrible pic, but heres some of the bucks on our farm I'm after.

MOhunter46 08-26-2009 07:28 AM

Any name you guys want is fine with me. Anybody wanna be captain?

KCMO Cityboy 08-26-2009 10:33 AM

Hey,
I thought Ribcage Rampage is catchy. Not sure if it's been used in years past. I can't say it fast, but none-the-less, it's catchy.
Most of my hunting is on public land, and yes, the cameras placed on public land do sprout legs and walk away. My time in the field before and during the season is really limited. About 3 weeks ago I spent 3 days straight scouting some public land that looked awesome, but it just turned out to be way too dense and had absolutely no sign (besides one snort!). That was really depressing. My normal hunting area is only 45 minutes away and a new spot that I'll be trying this year is about 1:15 away. Saw a nice buck there running around with a doe. He was about 3-4 inches beyond the ears. I'm not picky, as I know it might just be the only shot I get. We do have a 4 point rule in MO(4 points on at least one side), but that doesn't guarantee a big rack. I'm anxious to get out and in a tree, already to the point that I can't even concentrate on work. That reminds me, I better get back to work!

reds10ss 08-26-2009 03:46 PM

this is my first year in the contest, idk much about being a captain, i like the names ribcage rampage, bone mafia

my7pointmonster 08-26-2009 04:25 PM

What about Team Bone Collector? I'm a Michael Waddell fan so. I saw a group of 6 bucks on my way home from attempting to put out my cuddieback.... lets just say it didn't go so well... I was too lazy to stop and buy new batteries figuring the ones that I had would be good enough and then apparently I figured I didn't need a lock because I left it lay on the kitchen table.... SOOOO needless to say after running to the store for new batteries running back to the spot to hang the camera and then realizing after I already mounted and tested it that I didn't have the lock, it didn't get hung. Oh back to the bucks. One was out touching his ears and I'm not ashamed to say he's bigger than anything I've ever shot. No new state record or anything like that just a solid 8. I'd love to harvest him for the team. Assuming that the Maryland trip doesn't prevail with something bigger and nicer.

Ohh well, what a day. As far as the team captain goes It doesn't make any difference to me who it is.

Ryan.

MOhunter46 08-27-2009 06:54 AM

We are missing one teammate correct? dabowhunter? Ill send him a pm.

BTW id rather not be team captian, if someone else want to do it that would be:cool2:

my7pointmonster 08-27-2009 07:45 AM

Well what are the responsibilites for the team captain?

rybohunter 08-27-2009 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster (Post 3421659)
Well what are the responsibilites for the team captain?

They aren't much, you can handle them. Count any votes we make towards a team name.Check in with Rob if we don't have everyone checked inIf there is a controversy that goes to a captains vote, you get the vote from our team. I don't want to be captain, I've done it enough over the years. I nominate 7ptmonster

reds10ss 08-27-2009 05:00 PM

sounds good to me

dabowhunter 08-27-2009 11:56 PM

Hi Guys
I will be hunting my farm here in Buffalo county Wi. Also will be heading to southern Iowa for as long as it takes. For team name seeing as we are team 24 how about " The Jack Bowers"

my7pointmonster 08-28-2009 06:45 AM

What's the jack bowers? Sorry I can't figure out what it is....

Ryan.

dabowhunter 08-28-2009 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by my7pointmonster (Post 3422600)
What's the jack bowers? Sorry I can't figure out what it is....

Ryan.

Just a play with words. We are team 24 and on the tv show 24 Jack Bower is the good guy on the show. Just a stupid idea.

How about... "24 Hours"..."we never quit"

rybohunter 08-28-2009 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by dabowhunter (Post 3422682)
Just a play with words. We are team 24 and on the tv show 24 Jack Bower is the good guy on the show. Just a stupid idea.

How about... "24 Hours"..."we never quit"

I thought it was clever.

To expand on your other idea....

24/7 All bowhunting, all the time.

MOhunter46 08-28-2009 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by rybohunter (Post 3422745)
I thought it was clever.

To expand on your other idea....

24/7 All bowhunting, all the time.

Good idea rybo, i like it!

my7pointmonster 08-28-2009 11:42 AM

Haha. Sorry I've never seen the show so I didn't catch it.

Finally friday boys. Tomorrow hopefully I'll be heading to maryland to scout for a spot.

Ryan.

my7pointmonster 08-28-2009 03:25 PM

Do you guys have any names that you guys like and it seems to be pretty unanimous? I'm stuck on the Bone collectors hahaha. Just let me know what you want to do I can run a vote or something.

Ryan.

reds10ss 08-28-2009 05:34 PM

bone collecters or bone mafia sound good to me

my7pointmonster 08-28-2009 10:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well it decided to pour here tonight so i wont be going to Maryland tomorrow morning I did however decide to buy a new treestand out at that place that rhymes with Ricks. it was 30 bucks after a 20 dollar gift card and 10 dollar off coupon. I got it assembeled and I got it ready to go. I took a picture with my phone but it turned out like crap. Here it is anyhow.

I have no idea if thats going to work or not... I have no clue how to put pictures in a post anymore....

So does anyone have any pictures of their hunting setups (treestands included) or their hunting vehicles they'd like to share? If I figure out how to get pictures in the posts then I'll post my pictures of my bow and take some pictures of my new truck tomorrow (Weather permitting) and post them up.

Ryan.