Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24) >

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Old 09-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Spike

Hey guys sorry I haven't responded in a while. Works been keeping me off here for a while. I like the name and logo!!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey guys, works keeping me busy. I wont be able to check in alot, but I'll be hunting in just a few more weeks.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you guys want for me to be captain?

Good to hear from you guys. Should be a real good team we have here so. Let's hope for the best. Glad to hear back from you rybo. I might pm you tomorrow.

Ryan.
Old 09-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Typical Buck

so whats everyone shooting this year, what is ur bow setup?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I bought my ultimate camo last night. Just waiting for it to come now.... And its killing me hahaha.

Ryan
Old 09-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

First, I would like to nominate, second the nomination, and vote for Ryan (my7point) as team captain. Is that legal? I know he would do an awesome job and is more that capable. How do I know that? Not really sure, but he can type and spell correctly and that's good enough for me. Cast your vote now!
Red, you were asking about set-up. I'm shooting a Hoyt Seven 37 that I bought last Spring. It is still a virgin. I put on a Rip-cord drop-away rest and an Extreme RT-1000 sight. It's a great bow, especially if you have a long draw. Was looking at the bowtechs but couldn't find one with a long enough draw that I liked.
I added to my treestand collection by purchasing a Muddy Outdoors treestand and Lone Wolf climbing sticks. Should be a great addition when I want to explore and the climber won't do the trick. Since I usually hike in a mile to hunt I also decided to get a backback frame to haul all my gear. Those cheap straps kill my shoulder! This thing is great and can also be used to carry the pop-up blind if I want to hunt on the ground or bring either of my 2 boys. Now all I need are a few deer to show up.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

my vote goes to ryan as well...well my setup has kinda changed in the past 2 years, i used to have and hunt with a fred bear "lights out" compound, due to shoulder problems that i accumlated in when i was younger from football and wrestling. my last deer kill was last year with the bow, i parted ways and got a crossbow which i like and grateful that ohio allows crossbow during the archery season, and im still getting used to it. its a horton summitt 150, and im shooting golden tip bolts laced with 100 grain slick trick mags. hoping this season is succesful, i passed on alot of deer last year, and hoping to get a shot on a pie-bald buck thatz been on my trail cam.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

SOLD! my7ptmonster...we have annointed you captain.

I shoot a 07 Allegiance 29" @ 70#. GT Pro hunter arrows, with feathers & wraps. Thunderhead 125's & a 50 gr weight added to my insert.
465 gr arrow. Hostage pro rest, Viper Sights, all the quieting/dampening stuff. & a carter quickie release.

I also shoot a longbow sometimes. It will see a few days action this fall.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

My setup is a Bowtech 101st, 29" @ 60lbs. Easton fmjs with feathers and a wrap with 100 grain slick trick mags, total arrow weight is around 460 grains. It sports a copper john widow maker sight, a limbdriver, and a b stinger stabalizer.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. Good to see you guys posting also.

I'm shooting a 2007 hoyt vulcan 72# carbon express maxima hunters with 100 grain g5 strykers on them. Fuse quiver fuse stabalizer viper sight 5 pin got 20 35 45 50 yd pins set. Shoot a fletcher 44 caliper release custom strings custom wraps also... Qad rest. Which I love btw. Shoots about 289 292 fps which is what I wanted it to do so.

I'm pretty shy and there's this farm I realllllyyyy want to hunt but I'm too afraid to stop and ask, so what's your guys recomended approach? This spot is an absolute honey hole. Farm sitting down in a draw where people can't spot it where as the other part of the field they can.... And do.

Suggestions anyone?

Ryan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.