Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24) >

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Old 04-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Mount Back

Yo guys,

Got my deer mount back. The one on the right is the one I arrowed this year and the one on the left is last years deer. The neck on this years deer is 30" around 2" below the jaw. He looks huge on the wall. The one on the left gossed a little over 162" and the one on the right a little over 144". I might of used up all my good hunting luck. Ive been scouting hard again this year hopefully my luck will continue.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)-deer2009.jpg   Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)-deer2009-1.jpg  

Last edited by dliz; 04-16-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow dave. Those are some dandy bucks, if you don't mind me asking, do you just hunt locally? Curious because my next bow season will be up in that neck of the woods. Nice speed goat also.

Ryan.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:21 AM
Typical Buck

i have to be the unluckiest guy i know. driving to work yesterday morning and 3 deer pop up next to the road, so i mash on the brakes and lay on the horn. 1 deer goes behind me, the other 2 collide with each other right along side of me while i'm still going 40 mph or so. then one jumps over my hood and the other smashes into my driver's door and the front fender. uhhg! that's 4 in the last 3 yrs and my wife got one last year too. didn't kill the deer though it took off running, ill probably end up hitting it again knowing my luck.
I did finally get a new bow. Got a bowtech air raid, it's an 09 model, got it off ebay for $300 less than what they sell in the shops for. it's new never been shot
(till i got it) Took it turkey hunting last weekend. saw some birds, had some deer literally chase my gobbler out of the woods on a dead run and had a pair of really nice bucks(at least 3 yr olds going by size and scars on their face) stand in the middle of my decoys 10 yards away for about 20 minutes. i tried to scare them off but they just stood there! My 10 yr old boy thought that was pretty neat. Also trying to get a couple of my buddies to commit to go to kansas deer hunting this year, no luck yet there either.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys how's it going? I just wanted to say I'm in kansas city, kansas, pretty nice up here I'm leaving tomorrow but just figured I'd say you guys have a pretty nice city here. I wish it was cooler out though. How's everyone else?

Ryan.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doing good here, had a hell of a turkey season, first time ive ever tagged out. There is a peice of property of about 130 acres thats just a quarter mile from my house that hasent been hunted in years that me and my uncle are trying to lease so hopefully we can get that and i can get away form these damn cows that im hunted around now. Other than that nothing else exciting is going on. Im getting my own place here pretty soon and im trying to get my cdl so i can get a better job so hopefully it all works out. But other than that, is been pretty boring here.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Haning in there. Killed a real nice gobbler this year
9.5" beard
1 1/2 & 1 3/8 inch spurs

Hope all you guys enjoy your summers
Old 06-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

Ryan, I hope you enjoyed your stay in KCK and did something fun. Looks like Rybo plucked a good one! Nice job!
Wayne, it would be nice to have 130 that close to you. Good luck on the lease.
I finally pulled out the bow again and started outdoor field league last night. Spent most of the time making adjustments since I switched out my 125's for 100's. Man, that felt good but gave me some incentive to practice more!
Haven't had a free weekend to check out my trail cams but I know I'll hit them on June 16. My neighbor has spotted some monster tracks, so I hope he will show up on the camera. I'll keep you all posted. Enjoy the summer.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

hey guys hows it going, its prolly been over month since i checked in. ive had a stressful past 2 months. i moved, ended a relationship with the girl i was with, and been battling my health problems. ( i have crohns disease) i dont think i ever mentioned that to u guys or not, but oh well...anyways...im fired up about this season gonna be hanging the trail-cams up in a couple weeks, and buying at least another stand..lol..anyways hope all is well with everyone.
mike
Old 06-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Fork Horn

YO, Mike, Sorry to hear about the troubles. Take care of yourself. Those girls can be hard to live with - and without! I hear there are a lot of fish in the ocean, however.
I checked 5 trail cams last Wednesday. Nothing too exciting to report. Those pics are on my home computer and I'll probably post a few of them to get everyones' opinion. Some of them look sickly which really surprised me. I've never studied the growth of antlers with trail cams before so I don't know if there are any decent bucks out there or not. I still need to set a camera or two in what I really believe will be the hot spots, just haven't got to that area yet.
Hope everyone is having a good summer. I've only been to one outdoor league shoot this summer, got one tonight.
I am 95% sure that I'll be elk hunting the last week of September in Colorado. I have my tag (landowners permit) and everything else I need, except some camping gear. Really looking forward to that - just worried about my arthritic knees - it really sucks.
-cp
Old 06-22-2010, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike that sucks buddy, like clay said though theres other fish in the sea and the sun will come up tomorrow. Hopefully you get some good bucks on your trail cameras.

Clay good luck elk hunting will be fun to hear how you make out for sure your knees should be good if you pace yourself also.

Nothing too exciting to report, I bought a pop-up camper about 3 weeks ago and I've been restoring it ever since, I'm going to use it for a hunting camp when we go to maryland, Also I sold my bow yesterday and I'm going to get a Maxxis 31. Should be a hell of a shooter.

Ryan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.