Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24) >

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Old 11-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

hey guys, good news and bad news here, good news is that ive been seeing some decent bucks, bad news is that i missed a 145-150 9 pt on friday. he came in with a doe and she got right under me and was smelling my tree stand straps and spooked, he bolted, i grunted and stopped him and shot and barely grazed a small tree that i didn't see and it broke my arrow in half within a foot of hitting the buck. did get a small amount of hair in the broadhead but no damage was done. going back there in the morn
Old 11-17-2009, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Don!

I can't believe how well we're doing, I ended up getting screwed at work and also had a problem with a hunting spot so my last day in pa I got in a stand at 2pm then from there I saw 6 different quads/dirtbikes including one that was parked at the base of my trail, I said after all this b.s. There's gonna be a guy in my stand. Well he wasn't in my stand, he was 35 yards away from it in a climber. Anyhow. I hunted there anyway, and saw a spike (had both horns too) and a doe, then I was sitting there as long as I could possiablly sit there, and then it happened. I heard a buck roaring and chasing other deer away, then he chased a deer down the ridge and then I heard him gruntin and snort weezing, and bird dogging a doe. I guess he was bayed up with a doe less than 75 yards from me.

So my early season has been a failure, hopefully maryland this weekend will prevail sucessfull.

Now onto the bad news, a girl I know that my girlfriend was good friends with died this past friday, last monday night, she was walking downstairs to meet with her mom to look at pictures to go to my girlfriends house, and she got to the bottom of her steps and fell over, by the time her mom got over to her (less than 10 seconds) her lips were already blue. She had heart failure, they rushed her to the hospital, and life flighted her to pittsburgh where she spent the rest of the week in a coma, and on life support. Well she had a temperature that was .3 off of dying so she was kept in a bath of ice until that lowered, and then after that they tried to take her off life support, and she was having seizures within 10 seconds of them taking her off. So to say the least I haven't had a lot of desire to do much so hunting kinda took a back seat. She was a cheerleader with my girlfriend. She was 17 and died from heart failure.

Now with all that being said, I'm a pretty firm believer that god has a plan for us all and that the lord works in mysterious ways, I don't do people dying very well but I'm trying to help my girlfriend as much as I can.

Sorry about the lengthy post I just wanted to fill you guys in.

So hopefully my late season works out a lot better!! Hahaha its funny how stuff goes, cause I'm pretty well known for tagging out on the first week!!

Ryan.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ryan,
So sad to hear of such a young girl dying like that. What a shame, my prayers and condolences go out to the family. That certainly does make our hunting success and failures insignifigant. Don
Old 11-18-2009, 05:12 AM
Fork Horn

Ryan,

My heart and prayers go out to you and the girls family.

Dave
Old 11-18-2009, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

So sorry to hear about your gf's friend Ryan. Prayers sent to the family and everyone envolved.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

sorry to hear the bad news ryan, hope all goes well bro.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

Ryan,
That is very sad and tragic. It's always difficult to understand and to know what to do, but probably the best thing is to simply be there for your GF.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, it means a lot to me to hear it. I just.... I don't know. It just kinda is what it is. Thanks for caring.

Ryan.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:26 AM
Typical Buck

It's always tragic when a young person dies, i hate to hear that. When it' s your turn, it's going to happen.
Anyway, more good news/bad news here. Good news is that i shot a buck this morning, the bad news is he's not the 150" i hoped for. He should be in the 130's as a main frame 8. If somebody would post it for me that would be great. I have dial up and it takes forever for me to do it and it only works part of the time. I can e-mail pics this evening with the measurements. I will cape him out and score him this evening. thanks
Old 11-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

PJ,

Sounds like a great buck. Not many be can say I only shot a 130 class deer. That is a fantastic deer in any state. A 130 class 8 is big!!!! I"ll post your stuff if you want me to. My email is [email protected].

By the way does anyone know what last years winning score was to win the archery team contest. Looks like we have about 630"s to 640"s with PJ's buck. I believe we are currently in the lead.

Dave

Last edited by dliz; 11-18-2009 at 02:31 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.