Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24) >

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Old 11-08-2009, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

My luck took a turn for the better this weekend,I hunted from 1pm till dark time saturday, on the way into the area I saw 3 does bedded along the guys driveway. Then we put some stink on a drag rope and walked up into our stands. Spooked one that was laying in a fallen treetop right at my friends stand, I went on out the side of the ridge with my climber and setup till dark, and let me tell you. Did I evvver see a monster. I'd be willing to bet even with 4 mass measurements it would still only make 9" total. A one horned spike came in at the top of the ridge from me, 75 yds away.then did something I've never seen before and bedded down. Pretty cool imo. I thought I had forgotten my grunt call but as it turned out I had it all along but it was in the bottom of my backpack. Which I didn't discover till I got home.

Idk if you guys read my post about peeing in my mock scrape, well it worked, I had a hot doe pee in it while I wasn't there.

How did you all make out?

Ryan

P.s. First deer while in a stand, a one horned spike!! Lol!!!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

well my weekend sucked! i seen 3 deer the whole weekend, 2 small bucks and one doe. i passed on the doe because it too dark, i couldnt see sights, she was 12 yards in front of me, but i didnt wanna make a bad shot and didnt want a wounded deer running around the property, some guys would take the shot but not ethical IMO. i saw plenty of scrapes and got a real nice buck on my trail camera that i havent seen before. all of the bigger bucks that i got on camera were at night. i just dont think the big boys are really moving during the day quite yet. i think this warm weather and the moon has most of the deer moving at night. at least where im hunting. it was also really windy. im going out this coming up weekend. did anybody else get out to hunt??
Old 11-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, my weekend sucked too. It was hot and windy, didn't see a thing. I'll be taking my two boys hunting for the firearms opener on Saturday so it might be a couple of weeks before I pick up the bow. Ryan, I would be happy to see a monster like the one you saw!
Also, adding to my sucking weekend, my Mom fell and broke her hip this weekend. She lives by herself and will have hip replacement surgery today. Good chance this will take a few days away from hunting, but she will need some help. She lives in West Texas, my brother and sister live in Dallas and Houston (me in Kansas City) so we will rotate during the times she needs us there.
Mike, I think that's a good call to hold-up on that doe.
I'm sure our team will continue to add to the points as things heat up out there. Good luck guys.
-cp
Old 11-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Typical Buck

clay, hope all. goes well with ur mom bro
Old 11-10-2009, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

Clay,

My prayers are with you for your mom. Hope all goes well. Good luck hunting with your kids.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Best wishes to your mom for a speedy & full recovery.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn Clay, sorry to hear about that, It'll be alright They'll take good care of her.

Hope for a speedy recovery.

Ryan.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

Hey, thanks for the kind words guys. She did well in surgery on Tuesday but will need to be in a rehab facility for a few weeks where they will take good care of her. I'll go to be with her for a while when she goes home.
My boys are really looking forward to the firearms opener this weekend! The best part is they will get pulled from school a couple hours early on Friday.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

sweet good luck this weekend fellas!
Old 11-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for the delay in posting. Been on the road for 3 weeks. Iowa was a series of bad luck and botched encounters. Got this ten on my land here in Wisconsin. Congrats to all who have scored so far and good luck to those who have not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.