HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300916-official-team-bone-mafia-thread-24-a.html)

pjhunts 08-22-2009 07:14 PM

it's been a slow pic year for me so far, I have seen a really nice one though, not sure how big yet, possibly 180 range by the size of his frame. its been to far away in too low of light to see points though. planning on moving cams tomorrow to catch him. he hangs out with a 150 10 pt.., I also hunt a lot of public ground and have seen a couple that will go over 160 where i hunt at, however i'm not brave enough to put a trail cam up on the public ground. afraid it might grow legs

my7pointmonster 08-22-2009 09:40 PM

Anyone got any good topo maps going they can share? Anyone got any old pictures of food plots?

Ryan.

rybohunter 08-24-2009 03:42 PM

This bad boy has been visiting my yard all summer. Just saw him 5 minutes ago & he MUCH bigger as this pic was taken over a month ago.

pjhunts 08-24-2009 06:37 PM

Just curious, anybody set any goals for this season? I realize this is all for fun, so im definitely not going to go out and arrow any buck just to have something to score. I'm fairly picky. I don't plan on shooting anything unless it goes over 150". Fortunately the areas I hunt, public and private, have a decent amount of bucks that will exceed my goal. I don't mind eating tag soup at the end of the season, it wiont be the first or the last time it happens. also any body have any ideas for a team name? It's really hard to come up with something original that hasn't already been used in years past.

pjhunts 08-24-2009 06:42 PM

What do you'al do for a living, got an y family? I work as a scaffold builder in an oil refinery. married and have 5 rugrats. the 4 that are big enough really love shooting their bows too, pretty cool. I also pick blackberries and sell them and use that money to pay for my hunting stuff. i didn't have much time this year so i only picked 60 gallons, last year was my best with 170 gallons! i was so tired of picking berries it wasnt funny

reds10ss 08-24-2009 07:30 PM

well im hunting my familys private properties in southern ohio where we have some nice shooter bucks. i didnt take a buck last year but the year before i did, the pic is my icon photo. ive got a few nice pics of some bucks that i hope will give me a shot oppertuninty this season, im also picky and will only shoot mature bucks. as far as i go, im single guy living life to the fullest, im 26 got my own place,ride, full-time job...im a auto painter and love every minute of it. i love to hunt and fish and im a football freak! i was thinking of a few names...Backstrap Brigade, Rut Junkies, RibCage Rampage...i dont know thats about what i could up with right now...im sure we will figure something out..i dont know if those names have ever been used either.

reds10ss 08-24-2009 07:32 PM

that looks like a solid buck rybo!

boiler room 08-25-2009 03:22 AM

Hey guys boiler room checkin in here. Sorry it took so long but didn't even realize teams hd ad been picked yet. I'll be hunting here in home state of Massachusetts and Ohio this year. Good luck to all team members!!

MOhunter46 08-25-2009 05:42 AM

Good looking buck rybo. Im not sure what the deal is but we didnt get many pics of bucks this summer. We had a pretty good amount last year, but this year we dont.:confused0024: Oh well hopefully ill see some good bucks this year.

MOhunter46 08-25-2009 05:59 AM

Oh as for names, rut raiders, rack attack, treestand troopers. Just throwing some out there.