Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24) >

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24)

Old 10-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

i might go out to some some public land on sunday but i got a 3 day weekend coming up, anybody seeing any good movement?
Old 10-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Goodluck to all who are hunting tomorrow. I'll be in my stand by 530 am. All I need is that big one to come within bow range. Wind 6AM from the south, 8AM from SSW. OK wind for my hunting spot. All my scentlok is in selled bags and ready to roll. Looking to stay in stand until 10 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well a friend of mine is taking me to a spot I've never been before. And have never even laid eyes on. So I've got the lowest of the low expectations for tomorrow. However the place is rumored to be the best place to see high numbers of deer. And I mean big deer.

On a side note, I got a new block 4x4 pro for $80 its real nice and I really like it.

Good luck guys.

I'll be in touch.

Ryan.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well its 615 and here I sit on my friends couch doing nothing, the kid we were going with decided to sleep in. Then when he called at 545 (45 mins late) he suddenly decided he needs to go to the hospital with his girlfriend cause she's got a tummy ache... Man I hate waiting on people...

Ryan.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

damn that sucks
Old 10-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

I'm kinda in the same position as Ryan, going to a place I've never been to. Leaving this evening, waiting for him to get back from a convention in Wichita KS. My friend just closed on this 160 acre property on Thursday. He says last weekend he found a good tree for me to hang a stand in so I'll do that sometime tonight and then hit it early in the morning. He has to leave after the morning hunt but I'll be hanging around all day - yeah! I'll give you guys a report -good or bad.
-cp
Old 10-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone hear from Dliz? I saw a house cat... That's it... Not even anything while I was driving out or anything. What a bummer.

Ryan.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Just got in from my evening hunt. In my stand early saw 2 young doe in the morning. I was getting cramps they were right under my tree for over an hour eating acorns. Evening hunt saw another 2 doe mom and a young one. Did see two buck behind my house on the quad ride back in the morning. Small eight pointer and little four. I'm off monday, going to give it anither shot.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Well guys, don't hate me but I Whiffed on a bona fide BOONER tonite. Talk about a night from hell, this was it. MY brother n law and I decided to boat in to some public hunting areas that can't be reached any other way. This was all good until we got grounded on a sand bar forabout an hour. We broke our paddle, but finally made it off. the rest of the water was only 3 feet or less, so it was slow. Anyway got set up in an area I've never hunted. sat there about an hour when I noticed the wind was wrong for the trail i was on so at 5:00 I decided to climb down and move 20 yards closer to the corn field. Get all settled in and I'm about 70 yards off a corn field in what looks like a prime staging area. At 10 til 6 i see this giant buck coming throught the corn. This guy is so big that when he crossed the rows he had to raise his head all the way up and turn it sideways to get through the corn rows. Solid 21 inch inside spread and ball bats for beams. He comes into the woods and starts right towards me then turns to go into the brush at abou 37-38 yards, stops broadside in the only hole there, however there is one @#$%$#@ limb in the way. I tried to tip toe to go over it. no dice, so I squat as low as I can get andcan see the bottom of his vitals. So I put my 30 yrd pin (about 20 feet up) on him and see that I will still hit the leaves on that limb so at hte last second aim a touch lower thinking he will drop into it and shoot. HE DIDNT DROP at all. UHHGG right under him and he's gone. 5 minutes later a 130 inch 8 comes through, then nothing. I did however hear a buttload of grunting, about 7-8 grunts per hour coming from all directions. pretty cool. Anyway it gets dark so I go get my arrow and loose it on the way back to my stand, had to go back aand find it then it started raining, then my boat motor quit about half way to the ramp, trolling motor is dead and broken paddle. get stuck on the sandbar again!!! then wouldn't you know it the game warden was at the ramp waiting on us. He was pretty nice though, he also confirmed the story of a 24 pt, with 3 droptines running the public ground in that area. Oh what a nite!
Old 10-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Fork Horn

PJ,

That is an aswesome story. Sounds like a hard spot to get to but well worth it. With a buck like that sounds like you'll be going back. 24"s with drop tines thats a buck of a lifetime.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.