HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team The Bone Mafia Thread (24) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300916-official-team-bone-mafia-thread-24-a.html)

KCMO Cityboy 09-14-2009 09:33 AM

Hey Rybo, Good luck on the elk. We will want to hear all about it.
Wayne, is there any consistancy or grouping of the broadheads? Or are they just all over the place? Glad that the Maxima's are working. Are we the only lucky ones that get to hunt tomorrow?
Anyone else besides Wayne and me out in the field tomorrow? The weather here is looking decent, not cool, but at least it's not a heat wave. The slight breeze tomorrow looks to be in favor of my tree stand set-ups.

my7pointmonster 09-14-2009 10:07 AM

October 3 for this dude. I'm looking forward to tonight however. I setup my trailcamera and last nite I spotted the field its on and there was 2 shooters in the field. Good luck tomorrow guys. And hopefully we'll have our replacement soon. Let us know how your making out.

Ryan.

MOhunter46 09-14-2009 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by KCMO Cityboy (Post 3440475)
Hey Rybo, Good luck on the elk. We will want to hear all about it.
Wayne, is there any consistancy or grouping of the broadheads? Or are they just all over the place? Glad that the Maxima's are working. Are we the only lucky ones that get to hunt tomorrow?
Anyone else besides Wayne and me out in the field tomorrow? The weather here is looking decent, not cool, but at least it's not a heat wave. The slight breeze tomorrow looks to be in favor of my tree stand set-ups.

The fmjs group with my fps. I can put them in the same hole every time they just spiral as they fly toward the target. Im still not sure what the deal. But i got the maximas fletched up and ready to roll. I cant wait for morning!!

reds10ss 09-14-2009 01:41 PM

good luck to all u guys who are hunting tomorrow

MOhunter46 09-14-2009 02:55 PM

Well i just checked the weather and it looks like rain all day tomorrow and all morning Wednesday.:s6: So it looks like ill be sleeping in in the morning. Maybe it will breakup i can get in the woods, who knows???

my7pointmonster 09-14-2009 03:21 PM

I'm not a very happy camper.

Let me first start off by saying I HATE! HATE HATE HATE!!!! My cuddieback's on/off system. I left my camera on standby for 2 days. I can tell for a fact deer walked past it because theres prints in my boot prints in front of it. To say the least I am very dissatisfied with my cuddieback. You have to go through a menu to get the thing to be on the regular camera mode.... And guess what sometimes it dosent work right and you'll leave it either on test mode or Standby.... I left it on standby. So it sat there and did nothing. I dont like it and I want something else. something where it says "Camera On Flip this switch" Anyhow!

Rant over.

I now know why not a lot of people hunt this property. The woods in the nearby area aren't included in the property. So you have to find a way to get to your stand without bumping a bunch of deer while you walk through the fields in the early morning where they hangout. Its still gonna be prime for the rut.

I found a dead fawn also, foot got caught in the fence and it just dangled there was really weird how it got caught.

Ryan.

MOhunter46 09-15-2009 06:27 AM

What a terrible morning. Let me just say first off that i hate my summit climber so far. I get to the tree and start to climb. I get half way up and the darn thing slips, not very far but enough the scare the heck out of me. Well i get up to where i want to be and the dang bungee and holds the back rest on the tree keap slipping every time i sat down and i couldnt get comfortable. So i moved the seat straps around and got it where i just used the tree as a backrest, works pretty good now. Well with all this movement, of course i didnt see a deer. And then to top it off, i was messing around with my camera and dropped it. I called it a morning after that. Luckily my camera still works. Oh well, ill be out this PM, if the wind stays like it is now i have a killer spot ill go to. It can only get better from now on, right?

my7pointmonster 09-15-2009 09:26 AM

Let us know how your making out. A friend of mine got a 8 point velvet buck today in maryland. Bummer to hear about the stand being a letdown. Hopefully you have some pre hung and locked up you can go to. Good luck tonight I'll have to check back and see how you made out. If you get one either pm me or text me!!! Good luck!!!!!!

Ryan.

reds10ss 09-15-2009 05:55 PM

thatz why i hate climbers, i had the bottom fall out on me one time scared the hell out of me..even with a saftey harness i about crapped my pants...good luck on the hunt

my7pointmonster 09-15-2009 07:10 PM

I hope the reason we haven't heard from MOhunter46 is that he's arrowed a good one and that we'll be on the board early. I'll be leaving for maryland thursday at 9:15. If anyone wants to join theyre more than welcome.

Ryan.