Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Surpass Thread (37) >

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Old 01-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Typical Buck

Well guys the rut is kicking off here, so heres hoping i can get one one the ground in the next 3 weeks
Old 01-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best wishes Miles...GET HIM!

Hey Ram, I keep forgetting to ask about your Custer elk hunt. How that go?
Old 01-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds and looks like you had a fun time Will... thats a nice stag you got! Congrats to both of you! Nice shootin!
Old 01-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Spent 4 days hunting in the Shawnee Forest this past weekend. It was cold, at least for our neck of the woods. I saw more deer than I have all year. The mornings were a little slow, but the least I saw was 16 deer at a sit. I even had a small 8 pt chasing a doe for about an hour. (Is that late or what?) unfortunately, i never did see anything I cared about shooting. I have got a freezer full of does. But I'm not totally giving up yet. I've got about a week and half to go, but I'm not sure how much opportunity I will have. I will be out on closing day for sure as that has become a sentimental sort of ritual. Hope you all are having a good winter, we are expecting our first snowfall of the year tonight.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought I'd get things swinging in here and bump our thread to the top.

I was asked to prepare a slide show of my 2009 season. I hope you guys don't mind me sharing it with you. Enjoy!

http://www.camospace.com/blog/view/i...in-a-nutshell/
Old 01-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Great slide show. What an incredible year. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Typical Buck

Hey Rocky
Good to hear from you. How's it going on your side? I see from the scorecard that you helped get your team in a competitive position! All I can say is that the deer gods gave me a few opportunities at some nice bucks that I failed to cash in on. I still have a few weeks left and am still chasing a few good bucks are that haven't yet shed.
Let's team up again next year, lol...

-fsh
Old 01-22-2010, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys I'm still alive! hahaha

Huck - I never made it back out to hunt at Custer again with corn harvest this year. So I ate myself some tag soup!

I haven't been doing much here besides trucking, but have made it out coyote calling a few times. I have 6 coyotes under my belt so far (way behind my schedule of previous years), so I need to start hitting that up HARD!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

Red face

Rammer
You bow hunting them or Rifle? I'd say rifle LOL, you mentioned trucking ,is that what you do for a living ?
Rocky
Old 01-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rocky - I am rifle/shotgun hunting the coyotes. If I can get a buddy to go sit in a snowbank with me I will try to stick one with an arrow since I'll have back up.

I don't "really" truck for a living, I'm a farmer. But, I do put on about 53,000 miles a year in a semi. I mainly just haul our crop to the elevators/ethanol plants, but I do help out neighbors when they are in a bind. So I do have alot of seat time. I've logged close to 350,000 miles now.