Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Surpass Thread (37) >

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Old 12-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL! Thats cool! is it pretty bad over there?
Old 12-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

We had about 9" of snow on the ground, then we got another 16" and 20-50mph winds and rain. So it's pretty much a winter wonderland here now! haha
Old 12-27-2009, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

Wink

Looks Like #24 Has another one Down

We can still catch them if mbutton gets his up and another of the team can put one down, LOL, here's to hoping , happy New Year everyone
Rocky
Old 12-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Rammer
We had about 9" of snow on the ground, then we got another 16" and 20-50mph winds and rain. So it's pretty much a winter wonderland here now! haha

WOW! Thats a lot of snow!
Old 12-31-2009, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm heading home from texas. No luck on whities for me. My daughter shot a doe, a turkey, and a corsican ram with her crossbow. She missed a decent 8 pointer. I shot a 14 point red deer stag. Details pending.

Did someone get a deer?

Last edited by iamyourhuckleberry; 12-31-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:13 PM
Typical Buck

Cool

Wowzer Will
Dang Will,she's taking after her ole man, Congrats goes out to your daughter,that's awesome bud. Can't wait to hear about your Stag.
Rocky
Old 01-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to you an your daughter Will!!
Old 01-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Details and the pictures lads...

We were hunting on a 500 acre, low fence, piece of ground near Wimberley, Texas.

Dani with her first crossbow white-tailed deer: She made a brilliant 22 yard shot from a ground blind while sitting on her old man's lap. We had a six point piebald buck come in earlier, but she was uncomfortable taking a long shot. She made the call, and I applauded her for her choice.

The very next evening, Dani missed a decent 8 pointer from thirty four yards. Her shot was spot on. However, the buck jumped string big time. The bolt passed in front of the deer as he spun to the right.

The following morning I arrowed a red deer stag. 22-23 yard shot. He was lights out in a hurry!

Last day of the hunt, Dani once again used her crossbow to strike a blow to a wayward corsican ram. This sucker did not want to give up the farm! He took two shots from the crossbow, and then, I was forced to shoot him with my bow before he escaped off the property.

I've set a huntress loose!
Old 01-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Smile

Wow Will
That sounds like you had a great time with your daughter and to top it off you even downed a red Stag. is the stag related to the stags of Australia, there more of an Elk than a deer their though. Awesome trip Will ,now you have a future hunter to hunt with huh!
Rocky
Old 01-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rocky,

Red deer originated from Europe and have since been transplanted to all four corners of the world. They can be hunted in South America, New Zealand, Australia, North America, Europe, and Asia. Yes, they are more similar to elk than deer-they can actually breed with elk and produce viable hybrids.

Yep, I have a hunting partner in the makings. Well, at least until the hormones kick in and the boys take over her mind. Hopefully, grounding her for life will cure that problem! She willl be hunting with me in Africa this coming July...passing the torch is so cool!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.