HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest-104/)
-   -   Official Team Surpass Thread (37) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2009-2010-bowhunting-contest/300915-official-team-surpass-thread-37-a.html)

iamyourhuckleberry 08-21-2009 11:15 AM

HHU,

Yes, Colorado has the largest elk herd in North America-some 350,000 and growing (unless, of course, Wyoming starts sharing their wolves with us. Sad thing happening there). Elk/deer/antelope/bear are annual hunts for me, and any one of you are welcome to join me. If I cannot hunt with you personally, I will at least point you in the right direct. I will also assist in any means possible to make your hunt here a complete success.

I will be in your neck of the woods Dec. 19th-21st. I'm going after my first Blacktail in Washington state. If I'm luck early, then I'll cross the border into Oregon for a try at a buck there. It would be awesome to get two deer/two states out of the way in a single three day period. I know the wife would love it...women anyway...LOL

HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED 08-21-2009 11:25 AM

Really! Thats cool! We are headed out to Wyoming next month to chase antelope around with the guns. The guy we are going with shoots both his antelope every year within the first day! I can't wait for that. Do you ever hunt Wyoming for antelope? That question is for anyone on the team! I would like to know more about it!

iamyourhuckleberry,
So do you hunt elk with a bow or rifle over there? I was standing outside yesterday and heard the first elk bugle of the year, it was about 500 yards from our house! There season opens SOON! For archery in Oregon... I think the rut is starting to kick in, what time does it normally start in CO?

Rammer 08-21-2009 12:03 PM

Hoghunting - Friendship accepted!

Anyone else getting the waterfowling bug this year? Our early season starts the first weekend in September and I just added 5 more dozen decoys to my spread last nite, and just got my trailer all organized ready to rock!

Don't worry, I will have the waterfowl bug till archery season opens the last weekend in September...haha

HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED 08-21-2009 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Rammer (Post 3415391)
Hoghunting - Friendship accepted!

Anyone else getting the waterfowling bug this year? Our early season starts the first weekend in September and I just added 5 more dozen decoys to my spread last nite, and just got my trailer all organized ready to rock!

Don't worry, I will have the waterfowl bug till archery season opens the last weekend in September...haha

Cool!

I love waterfowl hunting! Its on the top 5 favorite things to hunt for me! Our season opens in mid October I think, and ends in March... I think.. LOL! I will have to read the regs again... Pheasant hunting is another fun one! You never know when they are gonna fly up!

HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED 08-21-2009 03:36 PM

5 Attachment(s)
just some of the things I have gotten in the past few years... Click on the pictures to make them full sized.

HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED 08-21-2009 03:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
a few more... All of these were from Oregon except the whitetail, that was in Idaho.

Rammer 08-21-2009 09:13 PM

Nice going there Hog!

youngfart 08-22-2009 07:15 AM

:happy0001: Hog
Nice collection for a young fella,now can you start the same feat over with a bow?:confused0024:. This can be your next challenge as a hunter ,what do you say ??:confused0024: Best of luck with anything to do with a hunting challenge that life has to offer.:wink: God Bless
Rocky

youngfart 08-22-2009 08:38 AM

:wave:Team #37
We need to start brainstorming a name for our team, so start submitting names guys and we'll vote on it as a team.
Rocky

HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED 08-22-2009 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by youngfart (Post 3415970)
:happy0001: Hog
Nice collection for a young fella,now can you start the same feat over with a bow?:confused0024:. This can be your next challenge as a hunter ,what do you say ??:confused0024: Best of luck with anything to do with a hunting challenge that life has to offer.:wink: God Bless
Rocky

HAHA I've been at it with a bow for a few years now, last year I had a nice 4x4 probably a 120 incher, come right under my stand and when he got to about 8 yards away, I drew my bow back, and waited for him to turn broadside. As soon as he did, I put my top pin right smack where the heart should have been and pulled the trigger to my release! But the string got held up in the corner of where the release holds the string cause it was a cheap thing that I got at walmart and it was squared off inside... If you can't get the picture, I will have to find a picture of one of them... Anyways I hit about 4 inches in front of the buck and he ran off perfectly fine!:nonono2: Better than wounding him though! I bet you can guess, I got a new release that doesn't have that problem... I'm not a horrible shot either... I won a $850 mathews DXT last year in a shooting contest, so anyways, that shouldn't happen this year! Hopefully not!