Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest
Official Team Surpass Thread (37) >

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Community
2009-2010 Bowhunting Contest This is it. Will the Dark Horses be over thrown? Good Luck to all This Season.

Official Team Surpass Thread (37)

Old 11-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

Red face

Hey Team

We need out team mates to enter their bucks,I just checked it out and we'd be in 1st if they did so let's get'er done guys
Wowzer Will,you were actually young at one time HUH! LMAO. Nice muley.
Rockster
Old 11-29-2009, 05:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rock,

I'm still young. I hope the heck I never lose my "boy" card!

That muley was my first ever real trophy. Get this, I wasn't even going to mount him-eat yes, mount no. I was in my first year of grad school and couldn't even afford socks (see pic). I stopped at a gas station after killing that deer. I had a Texan offer me $500 for the horns and darn near took it. But, I thought "How wrong is that? The guy wants to give me $500 for something he didn't even shoot?" I made it home with the deer...when my father saw it his jaw dropped. He said, "Son, we're going to the taxidermist's". At that point, I became a trophy hunter....the rest is history.

Yeah guys, Let's get those deer entered!

Keep pushing guys, we're gonna win this thing!
Old 11-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

Talking

Well Team #37

Was a great run for me and a better season, it also was great getting to know each of you and better yet getting to meet Will ,AKA Huck was a thrill in itself. I didn't get anything to speak of for a whitetail but did have the opportunity to fall quite a few. It just wasn't in the books this year as the same goes for the last 3 years. Been a while since I have recorded a good buck.
I did get my 1st Muley which was great ,now I'll stick around to give those the support that out team needs to win this contest. You Think ????? Anything is possible, Go Team Surpass.
Rocky
Old 11-29-2009, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys... I have been up in Idaho trying to kill a white tail. I never got anything out of the 4 days we were there, but it was still fun... Actually I never even saw a buck while I was hunting! LOL! Last time we went up there, I saw several bucks every day we hunted and I killed a nice lil 5x5 on the 3rd day of the hunt. I don't know if the bucks were just not in the rut, or the last couple winters have put a dent in the population, or the wolves that are starting to move in are really doing damage to the deer population... You can buy wolf tags over the counter for like 11 dollars now, so I am kinda thinking that thats whats killing em off... We saw a few sets of wolf tracks while we were hunting, so anyways... I never got anything, but it was fun... I saw 2 moose and 3 elk while I was up there... I think I saw a total of like 8 does over the 4 days.

Thats a nice buck Rammer! Do you ever shoot anything small? LOL!
Old 11-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been a while since I have recorded a good buck.
Rock, it should never be about recording good bucks, really. They are all "good bucks" when He sends them...this thing we do does come about by coincidence...it should always be about having fun and enjoying time afeild with the bounty the Good Lord has given us. When it's your time, it will come.

At this point, you and I can only encourage those still in the hunt. We need to keep Surpass moving forward. By doing so, we all come back together as returning champs! Now how cool is that? You and I can both make up ground then!

Hog, Idaho sounds like a blast. Someday I'll get up there! Make sure you get your deer entered. Go back a few pages and read the comment on scoring I left you. If you have questions, let me know a.s.a.p. We need to get your buck entered!
Old 11-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Hey Hey hey

I forgot to talk about my last day on stand this morning,I got in an hour early which is a little to early for me ,Im usually on stand a 1/2 hour before sunup. !st light is 8:15 and at 8 the deer started me going right of the bat,had a good buck with in 40 yards but didn't give me a shot opportunity. 8:15 I rattled and right away I could hear the deer coming from opposite directions,one was a 2x2 and the other a 4x4 basket buck.
Then nothing till 9 and then 3 seprate bucks came by chasing 5 does. They actually chased them around the base of my tree stand. The does were obviously in esterous because they were doing that goofy dance ,kicking there hind legs up. By the time I got my phone out to snap a few pictures they were done with and were off and jumping.
Man they get goofy when they need a man, wish my wife would do that, J/K.I ended up staying till my last minute till 1pm and left my honey hole for the last time this year. In total I saw 9 different bucks and 6 does. Nothing better than 120 so I chose to let them grow for another year.It was a blast being out there and the temps sure made it comfortable this year with the coldest day being the day I shot my bull moose at -14in October. I would say the average temp was -4 and the temps were 14 degrees above normal for this time of year. We only have an inch of snow which is almost unheard of for here.
Hey Hog that's bow hunting,sure hope you enjoyed your time in Idaho,gotta love that state,speacially the south. Keep at er guys and don't forget that safety belt and God Bless.
Rocky
Old 11-30-2009, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry

Hog, Idaho sounds like a blast. Someday I'll get up there! Make sure you get your deer entered. Go back a few pages and read the comment on scoring I left you. If you have questions, let me know a.s.a.p. We need to get your buck entered!

I'll check that out right now!
Old 11-30-2009, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by youngfart
Hey Hog that's bow hunting,sure hope you enjoyed your time in Idaho,gotta love that state,speacially the south.
Yeah its an awesome state! There was a cabelas like 20 minutes from where we were staying, that is a awesome store!
Old 11-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by iamyourhuckleberry
Hey Hog, on your circumference measurements. Go back and examine your very first photo with the deer. Use that photo as a reference. Take a measurement , around the antler, right below your left hand, then one right above your left hand. Then, measure around each fork at the mid point. Do the same thing for the other side...

Awesome... He'll score more than I thought LOL! I'll have to do it after school...
Old 11-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Inside Spread 11 1/8"
MB 10 4/8" MB 10 1/8"
GL1 5 3/8" GL1 5 2/8"
H1L 3 7/8" H1R 3 6/8"
LH2 2 4/8" RH2 2 4/8"
LH3 2 4/8" RH3 2 4/8"
LH4 2 4/8" RH4 2 4/8"
=65x1.39= 90.35"
Wait... So do I take away all the LH Measure ments? Or do I add the 3 more measurements to that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.